Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Master

a basic truth

from readings here and there it appears as though a basic truth is that each of us is to be allowed to believe whatever zany notion we want to come up with. No wonder we are all talking past each other and then we each define the words differently (by each of us choosing a subtly different set of concepts for our words) and then we argue like crazy when others don't use them the way we personally expect them to be used!

I guess the status quo is good for people who like fighting though... as there is nothing to fight about if we are all in agreement. And if you do get tired of fighting it isn't like there aren't plenty of causes to choose from and join. Maybe it is a mistake, to assume this globally disliked.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Newbie ;)

That's what also teaches Seth who were channeled by Jane Roberts:
“You make your own reality: your dreaming reality, your waking reality, and all realities in which you have existence. There are no accidents. Your joys come from you, and your successes, and your failure, or what you think of as failure...”
Old 04-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
from readings here and there it appears as though a basic truth is that each of us is to be allowed to believe whatever zany notion we want to come up with. No wonder we are all talking past each other and then we each define the words differently (by each of us choosing a subtly different set of concepts for our words) and then we argue like crazy when others don't use them the way we personally expect them to be used!

I guess the status quo is good for people who like fighting though... as there is nothing to fight about if we are all in agreement. And if you do get tired of fighting it isn't like there aren't plenty of causes to choose from and join. Maybe it is a mistake, to assume this globally disliked.
We each have our own unique puzzle to unravel, a puzzle which involves the family we were born into, the kind of childhood we had, how we relate to ourselves and how we relate to others, as well as the journey we have been on; among many other things.

For the most part, everything we say is meant for us to hear. We can share it with others but it was primarily meant for us. It came from us to us, regardless whether we just think it, say it, or write it, it is as us affirming our beliefs to ourselves. An especially when we project it on to someone else. Although in my opinion, life is beyond words and thoughts.

The language we use is how we try to codify life, but life is a mystery which can not be codified. Most people have some degree of insecurity, and we all like to be validated and valued for our ideas. “Birds of a feather flock together,” and generally people seek out like minds. Its’ all about tribalism.

It’s a unique situation to deliberately not seek to belong to a tribe, to not need, or want, to be validated by others. Although a person who is comfortable within themselves can do this. But it does seem like most do have the “us” and “them” mentality, and that mentality takes place on many levels, i.e. race, religion, socio-economics, schools of thought, etc., etc., etc.

It can be liberating to be comfortable knowing that my truth may not be The Truth, and accepting that while I may hold on to my truth, The Truth may be beyond the human capacity to understand. Still, holding on to my truth, it is not necessary for me to feel threatened by the truth of others, unless that truth directly threatens the well being of others.

I used to have a spiritual teacher, an Indian Guru, who would say “don’t get caught in the words that I use, just get the gist of what I’m trying to say.”
Taoism teaches that “nothing in the universe is what we call it here on Earth.”
Old 04-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Knower
People get frustrated when they look at road maps and forget that their maps are only a symbol representing reality. Maps can only be "a method for pointing towards" reality - they are not reality itself.

We live reality in the singleness of Mind, but we want to share our experiences with others.
Problem is : the only way to share what we feel, think or know is to resort to symbol usage.

We can only "share" our perspective of reality through the use of symbolic substitution such as CAN ONLY BE found by expressing it analogically, negatively, or injunctively.

There is no other way to express our sensations to others.

We can only hope, I guess, that if the intent is to share it, we have to find the proper symbol for others to relate to...

...But then again ... we are left with just another road map to choose from, in the end.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke86
That's what also teaches Seth who were channeled by Jane Roberts:
“You make your own reality: your dreaming reality, your waking reality, and all realities in which you have existence.
There are no accidents. Your joys come from you,
and your successes, and your failure, or what you think of as failure...”
That's right...and thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Master

Humility ...
Old 05-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:

This is going to be difficult for me to say, but it needs to be said.

Sometimes, we have our own beliefs and ideologies that serve us well and we are very comfortable with them.

We do not try and preach, proselytize or indoctrinate and are of the opinion "to each their own" and pretty much mind our own business in regards....However, when asked, we will be very truthful and honest about what we feel and what we believe in...or else, we'll just shut up about it.

However, there will always be those who will disagree with our beliefs...those concepts we hold close to our hearts... nearly everybody capable of having an opinion will...and their reasons for disagreement will be as diverse as the people expressing them...So even if one WAS going to change their views and beliefs, they would always be on the outer with somebody or another, right?

So, we say "thanks but no thanks" or "I have found what I am looking for" or "If that works for you, that is great" and then, I get verbally abused or totally ignored from that moment on simply because I refused to buy what they were selling and human thoughts are a commodity..those who are "thought misers" and who refuse to play the game are socially ostracised...and because human beings are "social animals", this is their greatest fear...and the reason why they are so flippant with their beliefs.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Greenslade

Quote:

Perhaps a more basic truth is that you become tired of the zany notions as Universal Laws and/or one of a dozen different flavours of truth. Then it becomes time to dismantle the crazy system of what drives you to fight and you realise that what you've signed up for isn't worth the price, and you step out of that system completely.

Do you have to join a cause, is it not enough to simply exist?
Old 05-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is going to be difficult for me to say, but it needs to be said.

Sometimes, we have our own beliefs and ideologies that serve us well and we are very comfortable with them.

We do not try and preach, proselytize or indoctrinate and are of the opinion "to each their own" and pretty much mind our own business in regards....However, when asked, we will be very truthful and honest about what we feel and what we believe in...or else, we'll just shut up about it.

However, there will always be those who will disagree with our beliefs...those concepts we hold close to our hearts... nearly everybody capable of having an opinion will...and their reasons for disagreement will be as diverse as the people expressing them...So even if one WAS going to change their views and beliefs, they would always be on the outer with somebody or another, right?

So, we say "thanks but no thanks" or "I have found what I am looking for" or "If that works for you, that is great" and then, I get verbally abused or totally ignored from that moment on simply because I refused to buy what they were selling and human thoughts are a commodity..those who are "thought misers" and who refuse to play the game are socially ostracised...and because human beings are "social animals", this is their greatest fear...and the reason why they are so flippant with their beliefs.

I thought that reasonable. Especially at the end you made a good point about us being social animals. Personally I often feel like I can't open my mouth without inviting some kind of rebuke. It is awful being cast out that way, and not having anyone to turn to.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Master

thanks all for your comments!