Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-04-2018, 09:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Does anyone have a cat as a soulmate?

The concept of a soulmate is often viewed in the lens of being romantic, but I have soulmates which are completely platonic. A friend of mine who I met through various synchronicities and coincidences (I started seeing her ever), is def a soulmate. She's been my best friend for 5+ years and my life is immeasurably better with her in it.

In late November, my grandpa past away. This was tough for me because while we weren't emotionally close, he and I were always on the same mental wavelength. We shared similar interests and had similar personalities. I looked up to him for a lot of things.

The day after, I was getting in my car to drive to the animal shelter where I volunteer. I took a moment and said "universe, I don't ask for much but I'm asking for this now. I could really use some love and support from kitties." When I got there, I saw a bunch of different cats like I usually do. I just enjoy helping them. Then I met Tux, a 5 year old cat with FIV who came in through the TNR program. He helped me through the tough time with 5+ hours of cuddles.

Every day after that I went to see him and he sat in my lap, purring and offering support. I kind of took it for granted that he wasn't adopted. I knew I was moving out of my parents' house in a couple months and assumed he'd still be available. Then one day I was at the shelter when I heard "matchmaker needed for an interaction with Tux." I sprinted up to the front and met the people who were interested in him and oversaw the interaction, thinking the whole time "please don't adopt him. please don't adopt him." They didn't. Not soon after that, he went to a rescue organization. I didn't know how much he affected me until he was gone. I missed him dearly. So I got the ball rolling on getting an apartment.

I adopted him 2 weeks later. He was a little scared at first, but within an hour, we had picked up where we left off.

I can say without question that Tuxie is my soulmate. He's my best friend, he comforts me when I'm sad, he makes me want to be a better person and I love more than there are words for.

I didn't believe it at first and used 3 different animal communicators to talk with him. The whole animal communication thing is a topic for another thread but I really do think there's something to it. I've had 2 dozen communication sessions with 3 different communicators total since September. All 3 of them said the same thing about Tuxie. Some quotes:

"I feel like Tuxie is truly supposed to be with you. He is your protector and healer. I think this because when I asked him for other messages - he showed me a grizzly bear - the symbolism that pertained was "natural ability as a healer." When I asked him this I did get a very strong yes. I feel like once he starts to un-sheild and trust - he will really step into this role more fully. He loves you very much and feels like you are his best buddy. He again thanks you for taking him in."

"There is something extra to his energy that I’m feeling, he has a strong energy, like he is powerful and he just sits there and emits this strong presence.

He says, our lives have crossed paths for a reason...I am meant to teach you things. You are very compassionate already, but there is more and more and more. He shows me layers of color, I am seeing pink hues, first dark pink and then the next later above it slightly lighter, and the next lighter still...an ombre pattern. He says compassion can go deeper and deeper, there are many levels. He says, I will help you go deeper. And I am given the feeling that he knows exactly where you are on this scale of compassion already. He gives me the feeling of going outward and upward until there is just pure white atmosphere and the feeling is so very light, like I’m made of air. He also gives me the feeling that you are one of the lucky people who will go far into the exploration of compassion. I ask how he will do this for you. He shows me that he is fine tuning you as you sit next to him, energetically. (He really does feel like a little powerhouse, I’m not surprised he can do this for people). "

"He shows me twobirds that look like sea birds flying side by side, and he says, we were (like?) brothers once. I ask him to tell me more about this life and he says there was fishing and there was listening to the waves to get information about what’s going on in the ocean- like what kinds of animals are close by, or the way the ocean will behave in the near future. He says, that was a good life. And he shows me the two of you gliding close over the water. He says, see, this is what I mean when I say there is so much more to life. He also wants to say, he’s happy to be with you again, old friend. And he brings up how you had the thought to adopt Oscar, to make Tuxie happy; he says this is how you two have always been- constantly doing loving things for each other."

I had always felt these things about Tuxie, I say he is like the cat version of me and he really is. I believe it now. Tuxie is my soulmate.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Wow...what a great thread.
What a beautiful cat.
Is "cat" the right word. Yes he's in a cat body but he's a Soul, and most likely a Soul who has known you a long time and accompanied you on your journey in both this world and the one beyond.

Yes I think "Soul mate" is a good phrase. But it's hard to find the right words to describe a true Soul companion. Soul mate usually does have some "romantic" associations, so that can make some people think that's what a Soul Mate is.
But like you I have had two platonic Soul mates too. One was my mother and the other was my doggy!
Oh I have loved quite a few and very much also. They have all been valuable to me and I think of them with affection and gratitude.
But my dog. Yes she expanded my awareness, both in this world and after she had passed. She expanded me to find a heck of a lot more of ME.
It appears she just "sang in my key" which opened doorways in me which things hadn't opened before. Not one human being had managed to do that in my whole life. And I hadn't been able to do it alone either.
I would like to think I might have done the same for her. We certainly lived in the "same key" for all our years together and intermittently even now she has left.

Our meeting was meant to be in the most unusual way. And when I first saw her I knew that Soul straight away from sheer gut feeling and instinct and a memory which wouldn't rationalise, (but of course had no clue about those things then.)

You see they are not just animals, though they dwell in animal bodies (well....don't we, when it comes down to it? Only different species?)
They are Souls and some of them can be quite advanced spiritually. That's not the same as "intellectually" of course. As Souls they have known us a long time, and vice-versa.

Blessings CatCuddler. And a warm welcome to the Forum. My esteem and regards also to Tuxie!
Go well, you two.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Suspended
Yea, nice thread thanks for sharing.. CatCuddler, cats are awesome.
Old 22-04-2018, 04:42 PM
Master
gorgersss cat
yes i thng cats can be soulss matesss

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Knower
Lovely story.
Old 29-04-2018, 01:53 PM
Master
Beautiful story of deep friendship.
Not all soulmates meant to be relashionship lovers. My dog was my soulmate too, my best friend. He passed away last year.
I can tell you, when i saw his photo on facebook adoption page, it was love at first sight, i said i have to have him. It was a fight to convince my mom to agree in the adoption, i had to have help of a friend of ours. She finally after some time agreed.
There were some ups and downs with his adoption, the lady was relutant at leaving him in our house that day. He was supposed to visit other future owner. But then she saw him sniffing the house, going to my room, my mom´s room, she said at the last minute he could stay.
My dog really helped me during this 7 years with him. Till today i feel lost and emptyness without him.
My other 2 dogs who passed away i got over it, i miss them of course but not like this one.

They can leave you broken. I just and believe that one day he will come back to his mom.

Animals are our soulmates yes.
Old 29-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Administrator
Hello

You needed supports at a time of great personal pain and that support was there in the form of the cat in this lifetime. It is said that we are always human but I feel that we can experience life as an animal as well.

I have a cat Chocolate that I so was not looking to get at the time. We had our cat put down due to thyroid issues and my ex was not ready for another cat. I was at a GF's that had kittens. They were cute, nothing more. But I had to pick them up, I had to look at them. I picked them up and all of them wanted down back to Mom. All but one, the one I took home.

The minute I picked her up she did not make a sound to Mom, she fell a sleep on my arm. I had no supplies at home for a cat but I took her home, Stopping to get what I needed on the way. She is my match on some level. There is a bond there.

I know that I have had cats play a role in my past lives, so maybe we have shared lives in the path her and I.

Its a wonderful story, the cat made you motivate forwards in life it seem.

Lynn
Old 29-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasthesea
Not all soulmates meant to be relashionship lovers. My dog was my soulmate too, my best friend. He passed away last year.
I can tell you, when i saw his photo on facebook adoption page, it was love at first sight, i said i have to have him. It was a fight to convince my mom to agree in the adoption, i had to have help of a friend of ours. She finally after some time agreed.
There were some ups and downs with his adoption, the lady was relutant at leaving him in our house that day. He was supposed to visit other future owner. But then she saw him sniffing the house, going to my room, my mom´s room, she said at the last minute he could stay.
My dog really helped me during this 7 years with him. Till today i feel lost and emptyness without him.
My other 2 dogs who passed away i got over it, i miss them of course but not like this one.

They can leave you broken. I just and believe that one day he will come back to his mom.

Animals are our soulmates yes.

I am sorry about your dog, oldasthesea

He always loved you, does right now, and still always will. We don't make bonds like that for nothing. Bless his Soul.
Old 30-04-2018, 03:29 AM
Experiencer
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasthesea

I can give you first hand testimony that when they love you that much they do in fact stay around you, or at least visit from time to time. We lost our cat Cinders back in 2012, she was a beautiful stocky all black cat with a cherubic looking face similar to the one posted. She was around 18 years old when she died of old age here in our home. Quite a few times after her passing I would feel head butts against my side and felt her presence near me. I shared this with my other half who in itself is what we call a "doubting thomas" about anything spiritual or paranormal. One night I was sitting on our couch watching tv and I had a zip up style hoodie jacket because I was cold, although I did not use the zipper and it was just open in the front. I felt the head butting start and I sat as still as stone and ever so slowly I turned my head to look down and I could actually witness the fabric of my hoodie moving with the butting feeling against me. the fabric of the jacket was actually moving! This was something Cinders always did when she was alive and I felt so special and lucky to be able to lay witness to it actually happening that particular time, and having on the right clothing that would give me the proof that she was actually there.
Old 30-04-2018, 10:56 PM
Master
cats /dogd hav moee luv for us thy do it tims hi humens cn can be un caringg thy can bit a cats lu is so sweet i got a cat frm ct dog sheltrr i had her for 16/17 yrs i did she got me thru sum dark tims she did but jards part wz getin he her pts it wz i no ow wen i sea pic i did ht rht call i did

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔