Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-09-2013, 08:49 AM
stoic

how to help someone cross over and question on where they go

my friend that I wasn't really close with but still care for died of a heroin overdose. the funeral is the day after tomorrow (technically day after today since I'm posting this at 345 am) and I'd like to help him cross over.

but I'm wondering, what if people are right about there being a "hell" where people suffer? If he's destined to go there, I don't want to help him cross over to there. I don't believe that people would suffer in the afterlife unless their soul was just actually bad. but I can't be sure what comes after death, so how do I help him cross over to light when that's not my decision where he ends up?
Old 08-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Eriandiel

What makes you think he hasn't crossed over already?

Eriandiel
Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Master

On hell , its a place on the astral created by people that believe in it and know they belong there . If you think this person is there as a ghost you might tell them some of the standard things like go to the light and look for loved ones in the astral garden .
Old 08-09-2013, 04:08 PM
stoic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriandiel
What makes you think he hasn't crossed over already?

Eriandiel
he was young, had a troubling family past, seemed kinda troubled to me. I hadn't talked to him in a year or so so Idk how he was doing recently but I imagine not that good. plus his death was a heroin overdose, which seems kinda tough.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:27 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoic
my friend that I wasn't really close with but still care for died of a heroin overdose. the funeral is the day after tomorrow (technically day after today since I'm posting this at 345 am) and I'd like to help him cross over.

Many people automatically think death by drug overdose, alcoholism, suicide, autoerotica affixation are bad since they appear to be preventable - the deceased is responsible for his/her death ...
The survivors as well as others tend to think of these types of deaths as shameful or embarrasing or undignified or "bad" ...
Christians believe souls who die in a state of unrepentant mortal sin bypass purgatory and descend into hell where they suffer the punishments of "eternal fire."
My belief is when it is our time it is our time regardless of how it happens ...
There is no punishment for any cause of death ...
They all cross over like everyone else ...
However, spirits do like to hang around till after the funeral or funerary reception as my husband did ...
He was purdy bossy/insistent about the cheap ****** coffin he wanted while I was checking out a luxurious $10,000 casket ...

[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]

I'm sorry for your loss ...
Old 08-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Guide

The question is, how is he handling his death, not how did he handle life.

If you are sensing his presence around you, and feel that he is in distress and wants your help, then yes, you may be able to help.

But if he has passed, is aware, and isn't in any distress, he needs no help and has probably already passed over. Means of death or quality of life do not dictate how a spirit reacts to "being dead."

Keep in mind, too, that once they "cross over" they can still come back to visit. So even if you sense him around or near you, he may have simply come back to visit or better understand things.

Very kind of you to be concerned though.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Since I have read 100 NDEs probably, read most things never heard of
on the Afterlife and the Other Side....this is what I would say...from what others WAY
more experienced than I have said:

He is now sort of "groggy" bec of the overdose. When he arrived he was completely cared
for. Picture, nurses and a hospital to re group, recuperate, "cocoon". Much love there for him.

His loved ones will actually be out on the grass for as long as it takes for him to
be himself again in an actual building, a care facility.

It is an extraordinary thing, but apparently our prayers DO help...so much so, I don't
know how or why....they help his progression...example apparently when Pres John
Kennedy crossed over...bec of the huge amt of immediate prayers, he crossed
over fully conscious.

I know some may not believe any of this but I have been reading all about this since
the 70s!!! Funny, how books from back then and books now and what mediums say...all
seem to be so similar...and you can feel for yourself if it rings true.

So sorry for your loss...I am going to a wake and Rosary tonight and funeral at 9 am , myself.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
He is now sort of "groggy" bec of the overdose. When he arrived he was completely cared for.
I know some may not believe any of this but I have been reading all about this since the 70s!!! Funny, how books from back then and books now and what mediums say...all seem to be so similar...and you can feel for yourself if it rings true.

We may have been reading similar ones back then ...

Since a spirit no longer has a body there is no pain/suffering/affects from cause of death ...
A young soul or a child who has died may be disoriented until someone comes closer to ground level for them ...
Damaged/contaminated/evil souls are met by Restoration Masters similar to what we think of as doctors & nurses ...
These souls are isolated from uncontaminated souls in, again, what we would think of as a hospital ...
I believe your friend has crossed over peacefully & enjoying his reunion w/other family & friends or may still be hanging around to see who came to his funeral &/or funerary reception ...
Those left behind will feel loss, have to learn how to come to terms w/his death by trying to make sense of it in their own way - spiritually might be one way ...
Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 PM
My opinion is he is in no place right "now" to be checking out much "here".
I say this only bec of drug suicides (and this is not one) that took a year
before contacting a loved one here.
My opinion, not fact about the person in the op.

I know an Al'zers person that died tho and was visiting loved ones here
while his wake was happening!
So whatdoiknow!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-09-2013, 01:18 AM
stoic

thank you for the replies, please keep them coming
<3