Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Pathfinder

Sleep paralysis, astral projection?

The title is pretty much it: does sleep paralysis lead to astral projection? is there more information on this? can

(is it possible to find and talk to other people through astral projection?)
Old 11-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Knower
Everyone experiences AP differently, but personally, I've found that sleep paralysis is a great platform for AP. I've only had it happen a few times though. I usually consciously exit, so it's hard to say. As for using sleep paralysis to project, it's important to remain calm as most people panic or try to fight the paralysis while it's happening. If you find yourself in a sleep paralysis state, remain calm, remind yourself that anything you see or hear doesn't exist and envision yourself leaving your physical body.

Your second question... What kind of people do you want to talk to? Other projectors? Deceased loved ones? Spirit guides? As for other projectors, it's actually quite difficult. I haven't had it happen, but then again, I don't know anyone personally to try it with. I've met up with and spoken to deceased family members and guides, which is amazing and absolutely possible. :)
Old 11-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Knower

I've had an experience while sleeping where I became aware that I couldn't move (sleep paralysis). And I have heard that you can easily leave your body in that state just by thinking about doing so. So while paralyzed I decided to try it and as soon as I thought about leaving my body I did. So it did work for me.

I've never been able to consciously leave my body during the day while awake. I have left my body several times in my sleep but only that once through sleep paralysis. The rest of the time I didn't become aware of sleep paralysis. I guess I skipped over that and the vibration stage.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Pathfinder

@Headintheclouds

after my most recent birthday (actually a few days before) i started experiencing sleep paralysis again. i had not experienced it in maybe months...years? but this time was different. i was able to lift body parts (arms , head, torso, but not my legs for some reason) they were all way heavier than my physical body. ever since then the occurances of sleep paralysis have increased, and again i was able to open my eyes, lift an arm or two, but not my legs...

this leads me to my next question; why can't i lift my legs? do i have to train for this or something? or is it an energy problem?

as to who I want to talk to, its a variety of all of the above plus more. i want to talk to spirit guides,deceased loved ones (whom i was too young to have a valuable social connection with, and was robbed of their presence early in life) and other projectors, hopefully someone i love specifically.

EDIT: im not certain that something like that is possible, but do you have more information on it?

Last edited by Chak117 : 12-09-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:04 PM
Knower
The issue with not being able to 'separate' your legs could be as simple as you focusing too much in the moment. For AP, the window of opportunity (or the point at which you separate) is small, so you want to remain calm and loosely focused on exiting. Feeling overexcited can actually close that window, as well as any fear (when projecting consciously). When you feel your limbs lifting/floating, remain calm and let the feeling lift you up. Again, calmly and lightly focused, feel yourself lifting up. Honesty, you don't need to train and it's not an energy problem. You're already 90% there. Do you feel any vibrations, hear anything, feel anything... etc while in that window of opportunity? Keep in mind, it's a myth that everyone experiences vibrations. I think this belief keeps many people from experiencing AP. Everyone is different.

As for wanting to meet up with guides, deceased loved ones, etc... I would recommend attempting AP successfully before moving on to this next step. It's absolutely possible. Usually, you want to have a general understanding of AP before attempting to 'meet up'. Enjoy yourself, learn how to move, absorb your surroundings, etc first. It can be a bit overwhelming at first (NOT scary) just learning how to navigate your astral body. Not to mention your first successful attempts may be quite short, which is common.

I always recommend William Buhlman's site (and books):

http://www.astralinfo.org/how-to-guides/

Go to the Keys to Control section, you'll find tips and info regarding your legs issue there too. The site is awesome, highly recommended. :)

Hope this helps!
Old 13-09-2018, 02:39 AM
Knower
I haven't tried in 10+ years, but my legs would also get stuck. I'd move from a vibration stage all over my body, usually starting at the back of my neck, then I'd lightly start drifting upward... but every time my legs were stuck.

The last time I tried, someone grabbed my arms to help me out and pulled me out of my body - which naturally made me freak out and I've never tried since. I have what I'd like to consider a healthy fear of the unknown so I've chosen to ignore that process for now until I become fearless.

Peace and good luck to you on your path.