Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 08-06-2014, 07:57 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
it's best not to generalize.

when i visited the mennonite church i was so impressed by it's gentleness and tolerance and love.

on the extreme spectrum, you have the westboro baptist church. (which i have to say even the baptists shun them).

and all the ones in between.

I like the Methodists. Some Methodist Ministers are open-minded enough to allow Pagan Ministers to hold our Sabbats in their Churches. I like people and Religions that are inclusive.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:55 AM
swisscub

I believe this thread should mention in it's title that it's gone pretty churchy. So can I get an AMEN in here already? :)

In my opinion, as people get more and more "spiritual" or "awaken from their sleep" or however you want to call it, noticing that they don't need to go to church, nor being attached to any religion, the churches are feeling (with good reason, you gotta giv'em that!) more and more endangered. And what do human beings do when they have that feeling? They pull out all the stops to not let that happen.
And so...
being who and what they are, and what kind of reputation they are currently experiencing, incl. the anger and hate towards them from their own people they used to have, is all results from exactly this reaction.

Nothing stays undiscovered forever!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Guide

It has to do with the spiritual dimension we live in. The so called 3d dimension. It goes better from 4th. But 5th is where the real fun begins.
There is not much to understand from negativity other then to stay away from it. Well there is much to understand actually, but to stay away from it is first i would say.
Old 18-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Guide

Yes, I agree with you that the best teaching is the teaching of love and tolerance.
Old 18-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Master

Our beliefs are the foundation of our being and religion and politics are balanced equally on either side.

So we take our politics and religion (or spiritual belief) very seriously. To the point of anger, frustration a desire to control others.

It's not their fault, they want what they believe to be the best for all of us. They just don't realize that we are all different and on different paths gravitating towards the same goal.
Old 21-10-2016, 05:39 AM
Seeker

To answer the original question, it's because it's so much easier for some people to hate than it is to love because ego is in control
Old 30-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Master
oftn wondr it my slf

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 03-12-2017, 04:36 AM
Master
The root of these emotions of 'hatred' and 'anger' stems from a base of frustration with not having one's personal needs met and today, I learned it the hard way!

I love God, but at the moment, we are not on speaking terms.

The story...

Due to a bad credit history, my internet comes via the way of a pre-paid modem dongle...which is very expensive, I know.

Now, knowing nothing about it, or how to charge it myself, every week I take it into my ISP shop to get them to re-load it with credit and for three years I have had no problems doing so...until today.

So, I take it into the shop, they fix it up with a 'there, all done, you are right to go"...I come home, try to use the internet...nope, it don't work.

So, I take it back to my ISP...suffering a flat tyre on the way, not being able to find a park in the car park due to the 'silly season'...eventually, I find a park about a kilometer away, take the dongle back in with a 'I was in here an hour ago...you put credit on this...but it still doesn't work...what do?' and they took the dongle, fiddled around and said "Oh, we put the wrong recharge number in...sorry 'bout that, but it's all fixed up and you are right now"...so, I come back home, scraping the back of my heel painfully on the bottom of my screen door when it decided it wanted to close upon my foot before it was even over the threshold...I tripped up the stairs on my long skirt, plugged the dongle into my PC...attempted to go on the internet again...nope, it didn't work again!

So, I removed it, put it back in my bag and removed my bag from the back of a chair, pulling the chair over with it in the process and just left it, went to drive back to the ISP store, only to noticed some idiot had parked in my driveway...so I waited for an hour, they left, I went back to the shopping complex, couldn't find a park, as usual...arrived at the store and the line of customers was out the door...there were like 12 people before me!

Now having been through all the rigmerole, I decided to approach the counter directly, only to be told that I must wait in line like everybody else...this was testing the very limits and metal of my spiritual complacency and 'inner peace'...finally I got to the counter with "my dear, how many times to I need to DO this before my internet works?" only to be met with "calm down madam, it's Christmas and we haven't got the staff to deal with the demand"...is it any wonder why I hate this time of year?

Anyway, they took the dongle once more and the previous person who 'fixed it' put the sim card in upside-down and I was going "I wonder what your competitor's rates are on pre-paid internet?" to show my dissatisfaction with their service, but my comment was hitherto ignored...anyway, upon my dogged insistence to prove to me it actually worked before I left the store, which they eventually did under sufferance, I left the shop, came back home and exploded!

"Why do you DO this to me, Universe? What the hell karma did I do to DESERVE this s*** today, Universe? tell me...I'm all ears!"

The reply; "I've been telling you for weeks now to give the internet a break for a while...do you ever listen? nope and so I was left with no alternative to make your life a living hell until you get it through your thick, stubborn skull! You must do what I say or you suffer...you have NO free will! NONE! NOTHING happens without my say so...do I make myself CLEAR?"

My reply..."Well then I hate you! you can go to hell! get out of my life and stop screwing it around! just eff off NOW".

The reply "as you wish, but next time, I'll wrap your car around a telegraph pole instead of just giving you that flat tyre...so, have a nice life".

Then, I went to the gym to take it all out on a punching bag.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Master
For the same reasons that you created a thread about it.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Pathfinder

Hate exists so that haters gonna hate, we waste energy on it because if everyone loved each other, we'd live in complete passivity (ever seen the movies about Heaven being a dull place?), but of course sometimes hate is just a shallow way to show "I'm better-than-thou!" because people like big fancy egos at expense of someone elses egos. ;) Some say hate is a mix of fear and disgust, more or less intense, mostly expressed by those who have forgotten the rainbow goo.