Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 28-05-2014, 04:40 AM
Experiencer

To respond to the original post--I don't think you could be human and experience that/or rather I don't think you should. Yes it would be a more schizophrenic type existence, and the problem is that you would be always "supposed" to be in the current human-logic reality, and would thus struggle immensely in a separate realm. Here, synchronicity happens in waves or in snippets, in small enough doses not to seriously affect or get in the way of our lives. I think I have been in a horrid drug induced (not hard drugs, mind you--I'm just really stupidly sensitive to chemicals) state of overwhelming synchronicity which I could hardly interpret--they were just too stinkin much for my tiny pea brain filter. Nope, not a thing I'd wish upon anybody! Hmm, sounds like maybe I can relate with you, Kaere?

I simply don't believe synchronicity is a thing that can be experienced within the bounds of time, which is why it comes in little pieces, as if breaking through a veil. It is from a different dimension, and believe me our brains are not built to interpret that kind of thing on a full scale since it just cannot be within time. So perhaps if you were a really experienced amazing Yogi who could totally bend the mind safely outside of time and tune into it, then maybe yes it's possible. But if you attempt it without lifetimes of training you're in for a major shock and horrible experience. And just no, don't try.

On a better note I want to relate the subject to a dream I once had. Basically two very wise old ladies were showing me an object nobody else could see simply because they were not looking. When I enquired as to why nobody could see it, they told me very eloquently that the angels are always singing whether or not anybody could hear them. They were really wise! I would definitely listen to that advice if I were anybody at all. It can encompass so many great topics, such as this one.

Anyway, time, flux, and focus, I believe are three major aspects which affect our experience of synchronicities.
Old 28-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Experiencer

Oh, de-ja-vu! I have one interesting experience with de-ja-vu which proved to me that de-ja-vu is directly related to dreaming! I dreamed a totally mundane situation, awoke and experienced it exactly AND felt overwhelming de-ja-vu, and even stopped myself from finishing to the outcome of my dream because it just felt way too ridiculously weird. I literally sat down in the spot the second I put it together and just sat there (somewhat embarrassed in front of some people).

On the other hand synchronicity could be related. I don't know, it seems that they have similar but different qualities. I just don't know how they would relate. I want to say I feel like synchronicity is more of a pattern in the sub flux of existence which peaks through, whereas de-ja-vu is a more direct experience of simultaneousness within our surface reality.
Old 28-05-2014, 04:57 AM
Experiencer

so sorry to be spamming on this thread so hard! but man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen

Time is an illusion. Past, present, and future are happening all at the same time. Synchronicity seems to be a blending of future into present. I'm reading Deepak Chopra's book on it right now. He talks about two dimensions. We have the material world, and then we have this other dimension where it's just energy. When one dimension bleeds into the other, synchronicity occurs.

Best.Description. Yes. I have never talked about this with anybody or read this concept anywhere, and absolutely this is the thing that describes exactly how I see it.

Only now I see it much more in focus. Thanks!
Old 28-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Master
Lisbet - Seems like sound advice, makes sense to me at least, thanks for your response. I'd like to process and turn it over a few times before addressing certain points with some questions or my take on what you've said. Fantastic dream btw. Would love to attune my receptors to some angel singing.

Thought I'd post a link to an interesting PHK speech re: deja-vu's since it occurred to me thinking of deja-vu's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

I'm halfway through his 'Exegesis' and if anyone's ever looking for a book that will drive them crazy in record time then I can recommend this book with full confidence. On the other hand, as a fan of his fiction and philosophy I find it a mentally stimulating, if at times difficult read.

Come to think of it, one of the most incredible synchronicities I've ever come across (other peoples) was one of PKD's; involving a novel of his, a chance meeting and the Gospel of Thomas. It's found in the transcription of a lecture of his at some university entitled 'How to Build a Universe that Doesn't Fall Apart 2 Days Later' http://deoxy.org/pkd_how2build.htm Story begins about half way down the article, or slightly before.

On a completely unrelated note, I feel like a one trick pony by how how often I repeat & re-use links and books etc. on these forums. The lecture above I've linked at SF before however it is relevant to the thread and worth checking out for those interested in mind melting synchronicities who may not have read it yet.

Peace. ~
Old 28-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum

Thought I'd post a link to an interesting PHK speech re: deja-vu's since it occurred to me thinking of deja-vu's.

I find this interesting! I've never heard of or read this guys work. I'll have to add him to my reading list for a future when I have time for books. (Give me 2-5 years haha).

I'm not sure how I feel about parallel realities, but what he said resonates with me because all through childhood, anytime I experienced déjà-vu, the feeling always ended with a strong sense of the uncanny, that somehow the situation already occurred but at the end of the thing, it was different. Something had changed, and even though I couldn't recall the different outcome, the feeling that something altered was significant. I've never talked to anybody with the same experience, and it's always fascinated me. Especially because familiar and different at the same time is like the weirdest freakin feeling.

I'll have to get to your other video when I have the chance.
Old 28-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I find this interesting! I've never heard of or read this guys work. I'll have to add him to my reading list for a future when I have time for books. (Give me 2-5 years haha).

I'm not sure how I feel about parallel realities, but what he said resonates with me because all through childhood, anytime I experienced déjà-vu, the feeling always ended with a strong sense of the uncanny, that somehow the situation already occurred but at the end of the thing, it was different. Something had changed, and even though I couldn't recall the different outcome, the feeling that something altered was significant. I've never talked to anybody with the same experience, and it's always fascinated me. Especially because familiar and different at the same time is like the weirdest freakin feeling.

I'll have to get to your other video when I have the chance.

It's actually an article Lisbet, transcribed from a lecture he did; if you like synchs, his is a doozy. Begins just before half way down.

Glad you liked the video though. :) If you're interested in his mystical experience the book 'Valis' might be a place to start, it was a semi-autobiographical retelling in the form of a novel of an actual experience he had. The video touches upon it briefly, the part about the brunette who came to his front door.

His Exegesis gets more fully into it, but it's not light reading and also very long if you find the full version.
Old 28-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Master
Speaking of 'it's a doozy' that reminds me of a line from Groundhog Day; the ultimate deja-vu movie not to mention one of my favorite movies. It's not often I use 'doozy' in a sentence, not even sure it's a word technically according to proper english.
Old 28-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
I was thinking of this more in terms of a thought experiment and also out of curiosity if such a thing is possible.

I believe I've had my share of pretty substantial synchronicities before, whether in terms of a seeming continuous stream or else in the sense of the multi-layered, multi-leveled variety, but I'm wondering if it were possible to experience pure synchronicity and what that would feel like.

Would it be some kind of direct mystical symbolic language consciousness, or would it drive a person mad as an overwhelming schizophrenic experience akin to for example the guy that movie (John Nash) A Beautiful Mind is based on, where a person loses grip with consensus reality.

Do we have synchronities according to some psychic energy cycle or do we experience them right when we need them in some preordained sense and no more no less than that? Or do we witness synchronicities based on our ability to recognize them at any given moment, if our minds are in the proper zen-flow state of mind.

Do we tune into synchronicity or does it tune into us? Or as an abstract consideration, is there even a difference?

Any and all thoughts welcome.

Synchronicity hides itself in plain sight. The irony is if you experience events described as synchronized, if you haven't thought about it, happen openly in front of everyone and are not hidden. The event is available to everyone within the event. To experience a pure synchronicity is to see and know there is a certainty against the odds of it. Synchronicity provide answers. That will be the experience. Synchronicity is meaningful in terms of being first hand experiencing. The experience would be seeing the event clearly where others see nothing at all. In their blind spot. It depends where our focus is. Remember, we are talking about meaning. Yet, if events are indeed random as many say, then I can see answers are random to
Old 29-05-2014, 02:51 AM
Knower
Life is synchronous. Flowers that grow from its seed is a synchronicity. Everything that is connected, is synchronized with eachother!
In my experience, I have gone mad because of those subtle signs. In the beginning, it is beautiful to witness these unknown signs. However, I had reached a point where I was looking for them, so my mind was creating them. THAT is a dangerous path.
As I evolved, I began to understand signs better. You can't depend on them, they are just the ice cubes in your drink. They will refresh you, but you don't necessarily NEED them. What you need is the drink, the liquid itself. Your intuition.
I have personally witnessed a wide range of what you call pure synchronicity on a short term. It sometimes happens when I'm under the marijuanna influence(That is when I can also witness the Essence in me, the God or whatever you label it). You get to see the infinite possibilities being mapped out in split seconds and why one path is chosen over the other. It is extremely complex and it can either make you schizophrenic or make you depressive if you can't control yourself.

I'm not sure if anyone else has felt or visualized anything like that. It is like reading the numbers of the matrix!

.-=-.__
<(_)>--
......|'.__.*

The Tickling Ant
(3rd eye)

Visions, Dreams and Revelations
(Gnosis)

"Man, know thyself"
Old 29-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Master
Thanks for your feedback Lemex & Thoth. I can envision how everything is synchronized, however on one hand this brings up the problem of free will to me b/c if everything always goes 'according to plan' and is recognized as such through synch markers then where does choice enter in the equation, is the butterfly effect a pre-recording of a kind that plays out along certain lines regardless? Is it like the oracle says to Neo in the Matrix; we've already made our choices and now we only need become aware and understand why we made them?

Not expecting any definite answers to those questions, just wondering aloud. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCSRnJCbmDo

I have seen obsession with certain signs, numbers etc. border on obsessive and unhealthy. It can skew and distort rational thinking and common sense at times imo. On the other hand I have witnessed synchronicity 'achieved' or unearthed through sheer will of faith alone, that when looked for is found without question. In one instance there were 4 or 5 elements arrived upon seemingly at random all intricately interrelated and connected in astoundingly complex, unbelievable ways. Wish I had documented or taken notes of it in fact on that particular occasion.