Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-07-2018, 12:46 AM
Experiencer

Arizona

So I heard Arizona was a hotbed for spiritual stuff. I want to head down there for some spiritual sight seeing but I cant think of where to go. Any suggestions?
Old 14-07-2018, 01:51 AM
Master

Meditate and the answer will come to you! That might be: "don't go!"

Spirituality is in us. How do you know from so many spiritual trends which is right, or at least which is right for you? You can't know.
Old 14-07-2018, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
So I heard Arizona was a hotbed for spiritual stuff. I want to head down there for some spiritual sight seeing but I cant think of where to go. Any suggestions?
There are many places you can go to find a spiritual environment, like Arizona, but you can also make your own spiritual environment right in your own home. An it is a lot cheaper to infuse that spiritual vibe into your own home.

Arizona is nice, it’s very hot, and in my opinion, you will find a lot of spiritual materialism, meaning there are lots of venues that will sell you stuff related to spirituality. Its’ a money-making business model, but it can be very enjoyable if you have the money to spend. Sedona, Arizona is a very popular spiritual retreat.

There are places all over the U.S. like what they have in Arizona, i.e. Monterey, California, Aspen, Colorado, Bandon, Oregon, Vancouver, BC, and a host of other places have a large amount of spiritual venues available for those who are seeking to recharge their spirituality by external means.

When I want to do that, I have a bunch of spiritual recordings, videos, and literature in my home, and I will plan a weekend where I may visit a church, temple, synagogue, meditation center, or all of those, located right in my community. An after visiting each return to my home and meditate, read spiritual literature, or listen to some spiritually related recordings, etc. Take a relaxing Epsom salt or apple cider vinegar bath, etc. Plan a spiritual retreat right in my home, sort of like a stay-cation.

Its’ a lot less expensive, more convenient, and less time consuming. Moreover, you are infusing that spiritual presence into your home. However, if I am looking to physically travel, take a vacation, etc. that’s another story. But know when you ask for suggestions, as you have about Arizona, what might appeal to one person may not appeal to another, and the feedback you get on Arizona will depend on individual preferences. Personally, it’s too hot there for me and Arizona can be just as expensive as California. I prefer Colorado or Oregon; if I'm going to stay in the U.S.
Old 14-07-2018, 05:37 AM
Master
P.S. Back in the 1970’s and 1980's I went to a lot of spiritual retreats, but back then they were free and all you had to do was get here. I went to one retreat in Northern Florida where everyone bought a tent with them, hundreds of people, and we all camped out on this open field.

There were out houses and food venders, but a lot of people bought their own food with them. An there were a lot of different spiritual teachers, Ram Dass, Deepak Chopra, Swami Sat Chit Ananda, etc., getting on this stage that had been built and talking about their spiritual experience. It was an incredible experience and it was all free of charge.

I have been to lots of retreats like that but in the late 1980’s everything changed, and in the 1990’s spiritual retreats started charging lots of money and they became expensive. More recently, I purchased an RV, a travel trailer, sold my house and lived in my RV for a couple of years, traveling here and there. As I am retired this is something I could do, but I met young people, who would find jobs and work here and there, out there doing the same thing.

It was a great spiritual experience for me living out in nature, and traveling on a whim all over North America. Spending a week here, a couple of days there, a month or so in some places. A lot of freedom and meeting a lot of interesting people, many who were also living on the road and out in nature. Living in nature and spending time camping, near the ocean, on top of a mountain, in a wine valley, or a thick forest, in the desert, or near a rushing river, can be an incredible spiritual experience.

Deer would eat out of my hand, birds would come and sing to me. I leaned against a tree once and meditated and when finished I opened my eyes and said out loud, why is there so much suffering in this world, and it seemed the tree I was leaning against replied, “everything is as it should be.” Some might have wanted further explanation but the answer was very powerful at that time and left me in awe.

I had to stop my full-time RVing and rent an apartment because of some eye problems, but depending on my health, I may return to that lifestyle sometime next year. Out there traveling, lots of times you do not have internet access or can not get T.V. or phone service, but its amazing taking in the culture, and local activities, of all the small towns, and large cities, you come across when traveling North America, including Canada and the U.S.
Old 14-07-2018, 08:01 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "spiritual sight seeing". You're probably hearing about the Sedona area. I was there in 1970 and felt a very spiritual pull. Because I pretty much rejected anything spiritual at that time I tried to reason that it was just because it was so beautiful. Back then Sedona was basically a small ranch town with a few art galleries and I'm sure a few spiritual people. It has since grown into a mess of suburban like blandness full of tourist trap souvenir shops and (phony...?) psychics/spiritualists operating expensive fancy schmancy "get in touch with yourself" lodges. You might do better going a little further north into Monument Valley and seeking out Hopi elders/shaman. That is, if you're serious about those that can help you in connecting with your spirit.
Old 14-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Master
Hi,

I would also vote for the Sedona area.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Administrator
My Native friend always spends summer in the Grand canyon he camps out its very spiritual there.

Namaste
Old 14-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
My Native friend always spends summer in the Grand canyon he camps out its very spiritual there.

Namaste

The towering west. Whether in the Grand Canyon or in the desert near towering monoliths...it's magical...thus spiritual. Maybe because in marveling at their beauty it draws our eyes up to the stars.
Not one drop (sadly) of Native blood in me. But it makes sense the Natives of this land didn't live off the land, they lived with the land and understood Mother Earth and how to care for, respect and honor her creations.

Namaste, friend
Old 28-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

blue highways north of tucson. Then south. Stay in the desert.
Old 29-07-2018, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
I do agree spiritual places can be anywhere. I live far from Arizona and have found very spiritual charged places. Most found on accident. If you feel a strong desire to go to Arizona please do so I am sure you'll stumble upon what you need.