Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-06-2018, 04:03 AM
traceyacey12

Color Any book recommendations?

Hi, I'm a newly awakened person and am starting to get more comfortable with the whole state of being (after it being painful because I missed my old self). Anyway, anyone have any book recommendations for someone that has newly awakened? Any books about this new path?

Thanks
Old 30-06-2018, 04:28 AM
Master

Do you mind explaining what does it mean, in your case, to be awakened? What's different?
Old 30-06-2018, 04:35 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Do you mind explaining what does it mean, in your case, to be awakened? What's different?

For better or for worse, I have detached from the matrix basically.
Old 30-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Lorelyen

There's no one or two books. It depends on how you want to proceed. Just my view but if you're setting out you may need to adjust your path as you go. There are so many books out there, so many views; beliefs; gurus, all making different demands of you so much depends on what you're looking for.

What you set out with may end up limiting you or simply be unworkable long term so be adaptable. No matter whether you have to give up on some approach you'll have learned from it.

But it is important to ask why you want to take a "spiritual" path. Being out of the matrix is fine (though you have to pay lip-service to it if you want to survive. Most of us still have to trade our labours for survival. We can't all be ministers in the intelligentsia (nice work if you can get it!). But you don't need to be spiritual to stay out of it. Knowing what it is and how it chains people is enough to drive your way through it.

Not the first time I've quoted this couple of sentences from "Avoid these common pitfalls when studying magick, meditation or mysticism"

"1. Poorly Defined Goals

What do you want?

It’s a simple question, but most who enter the world of magick and alternative spirituality never ask it, or never fully define the answer. As a result, they’re caught up in the “dazzling lights” of the New Age Pinball Machine, and bounced around between experiences, groups and teachers, never finding themselves or getting to their core issues and drives.

You need to ask this question up front: What do you want? Do you want greater creative skill and power? Do you want to fix a trauma or personal challenge? Are you willing to give up everything and seek enlightenment? Whatever it is, define it now, and then ask yourself if magical means are really the answer, or if more mundane means would be a lot easier. Be clear on this, or you risk getting caught up in the glamour of magick, and forgetting that it’s just a tool, and only one tool of many available to you right now."

(for magical you can read spiritual)

Old 30-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Suspended
That's a good post Lorelyen what you yourself said an even the quoted part.
Old 30-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Hi, I'm a newly awakened person and am starting to get more comfortable with the whole state of being (after it being painful because I missed my old self). Anyway, anyone have any book recommendations for someone that has newly awakened? Any books about this new path?

Thanks

'Advice Not Given' by Mark Epstein.

The subtitle is 'A Guide to Getting Over Yourself.'

He talks about becoming more aware of ego, and how we can let go of it and gain control by doing so.

A very, very good book imo.
Old 30-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Badcopyinc

I ask the used book store this question all the time.
I walk down the metaphysical/spiritual/astrology/religion section and usually get my answer.
Old 30-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Experiencer

I'm enjoying my book by Carl Jung - The Undiscovered Self.

It dives right into the relationship between our spirituality and psyche and how they affect the political movements of this world, and vice versa. I'm not into politics, yet it has been a fascinating read to examine the relationship between self and world.
Old 30-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Master
It all depends on how deep you want to take it or what your spiritual preferences are...there are thousands and thousands of spiritual books and all writers have a different perspective and write according to the intellectual understanding of the reader.

Some books tend to sound somewhat oversimplified to me, whereby others are very complex, appealing to the serious seeker who identifies with their mental capacity a lot. I found books like those written by Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer and Eckhardt Tolle very boring for me personally, but other people love them.

Conversely, I like books by Gregg Braden, Bruce Lipton and Thich Nhat Hanh but all of that may go totally over somebody else's head.

So without understanding your path, your preferences and capacity for understanding certain concepts, making any recommendations will be impossible.
Old 30-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Ascender

Hello traceyacey.

If you've not already read it, I think you may enjoy reading of the observations and thoughts of Annie Dillard as recorded in " Pilgrim at Tinkers Creek ".

Good wishes.

petex