Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 18-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Guide
Lightbulb LOA and the Importance of Confidence vs. Cockiness

Hello All,

If you peruse various articles and videos regarding LOA, many of them agree that you must believe what you are affirming, not just think it or feel it.

What many people overlook in employing the LOA is the difference between a belief, a thought and a feeling. A belief = a thought + a feeling. One must think AND feel something in order for it to become a belief.

In order to better explain this concept of a belief, think about someone who you know is confident in him/herself vs. someone you know who is cocky. The confident person truly believes in him/herself. The cocky person is trying to believe in him/herself.

The difference is that one can see and feel the difference between confidence (a true belief in self) vs. cockiness (a “fake-it-til-I-make It” belief in self). One has a solid foundation while the other has a crumbling, faulty foundation.

If you have ever worked with horses, you know what I am talking about. Or dogs for that matter. The confident horse leads the herd. The cocky horse tries to lead the herd. A confident dog silently directs the pack, whereas a cocky dog will bark and growl in hopes that you cower and bend to its will.

I often use that scene from the movie, “Tombstone”--where Wyatt Earp slaps up Johnny Tyler who is threatening to shoot him in the bar scene-- to explain the difference between confidence and cockiness. Confidence meets Cockiness and cockiness gets a slap-down. Great scene!

This difference is what helps people align with the LOA. Once you develop that affirming thought AND fortify it with a coinciding feeling, into a belief about something or yourself---voila!

Start small with your efforts. Trying to go from ‘I have a job’ to ‘I am a Billionaire’ may prove to be difficult for anyone. The leap of belief required is vast and you may not be able to manifest it, thus creating a disbelief in LOA rather than a belief in it. This brings me to an essential point…if you don’t believe in LOA or have doubts about it, you’ve already defeated its existence. Move along, because you’ve missed the boat.

If you are starting from Square One with the LOA, start with a simple effort such as, “I have now received an apple.” It’s not a critical desire or one that will change your life. It’s just a simple request. But remember, that apple could be a fruit, or a sticker, or a strudel, or a piece of jewelry, etc. Think and feel that you will receive it until you Believe it. See how long it takes to manifest it. It could be a week or it could be a year. It's going to depend how long it takes you to Believe it.

Children are wonderful manifestors because they don’t have the negative or challenging life experiences that adults do. They are told there is a Santa Claus and they believe it. They are told that a tooth fairy will give them money for their tooth under their pillow and voila! Money under their pillow in the morning.

Are the adults helping them BELIEVE in these situations? Yes, of course. But the point is…the child chooses to BELIEVE the experiences. You can’t force the child to believe, it is their free will to believe that the Easter Bunny brings them candy on Easter Sunday morning.

So, if we as adults understand how to influence a child’s belief system with encouragement, then why do we have difficulty in doing it for ourselves? Why is it so hard to believe our affirmations? Because of past experiences in which we chose to believe an opposing view of ourselves.

A young woman/man is told by family members that she/he is ugly. This young person at some point chooses to believe it (thinks and feels it). Now that belief is her/his responsibility to either uphold, deny or change.

Imagine our disappointment when we learned that there really was no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny (oops, sorry if I just informed you! ) A belief system immediately changed in an instant. Then why would it be so difficult to change a belief that one is ugly (based on others’ tall tales) to a belief that one is beautiful (based on self’s story)?

Because we have to undo what others have fed us for years. And that is work. Just like a desire to lose 50 lbs would take work—internally and externally. Most people balk at the idea of the internal work. ‘It’s just so painful in there, I don’t want to do it!’ Prior to the birth of my son, I worked in the Mental Health field. I saw it every day. People don’t want to do the internal work because it’s painful. Bottom line. But that is where the gold is.

Start small. Stay the course, no matter what. Just for the hell of it. Just once. See what happens.

Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella