Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 25-03-2015, 11:58 PM
CarryingEagle

White Buffalo Calf Woman

Since the mid 1990s quite a few (non albino)white buffaloes have stood upon our Mother the Earth.

If the prophecies of white buffalo calf woman are true, then what message is she trying to tell us? And why at this point in time has she returned?

Or is it just a coincidence that these buffalo are showing us these sacred colors?

Just wondering what anybody might have to say.
Old 27-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Ascender

This is just a wild guess. Because of changing weather patterns all over the world it's probably not unreasonable to think that this also affects animals in some ways. Once that white gene is introduced to a species & especially a particular herd it's quite likely to multiply it's effects.
Like I said just a guess & by no means am I a professional in animal husbandry or weather patterns.
Old 28-03-2015, 12:03 AM
Experiencer

I know a guy who breeds Bison and every year I ask if there are any white ones born, so far none, but I still ask ..
Old 28-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Raven Poet

Hi there. I have been sensing a massive collective shift slowly building up over these past few years.

In my job, I am in the thick of the political-ness of Indigenous social issues. I have seen how the Idle No More movement was born from 4 women and has now grown to a worldwide mobilization of peaceful protests and rising justice consciousness. Indigenous peoples victimized by racism and violence are winning more human rights lawsuits. More Indigenous peoples are showing up in the board rooms, political offices, and executive suites. The push for resolving treaty disputes is getting stronger, and more urban First Nation reserves are showing up in cities in Canada. The Truth and Reconciliation Commission is spreading networks of conversations across Turtle Island about how we all can move forward out of the shadow of the residential schools legacy. More and more Women's groups are forming, because we are tired of losing our girls and sisters to homicide and young people to suicide while the so-called leaders bicker over piddly details about national inquiries and funding for research and engage in power-plays with each other. More and more Women are taking back the Drums now too, as it was prophesised would happen when we see too many men abuse women and our first Mother, the Earth.

In a nutshell, it is a very interesting time right now.

In my local area, the Elders talk about the birth of the White Buffalo as a sign of peace and unity beginning to grow between all Nations of the world. More and more of these Sacred beings are being born. This is not a surprise to me.

I really think we are at the verge of a huge societal shift around the world. Things might get more intense before they get better, but I honestly believe that is what is unfolding right now as we speak. I feel this as a flow of energy in a particular direction.
Old 29-03-2015, 04:19 AM
Newbie ;)

The following is excerpted from The Sacred White Animals of Prophecy

Apart from the prophesized white Buffalos (which are among the most sacred animals a person could ever encounter), other rare and beautiful white animals have begun to appear the world over: Lions, Servals, Giraffes, Zebras and Gorillas; Robins, Foxes, Sparrows, Bats and Hedgehogs; Tigers, Elephants, Raccoon Dogs, Pythons, Cobras, Monkeys, Leopards and Peacocks; Kangaroos, Wallabies, Kookaburras, Koalas, Possums, Emus, Echidna and Kiwi; Ravens, Crows, Deer, Black Bear, Skunks, Moose, Squirrels, Pronghorns, Coyotes, Horned Owls, Hummingbirds, Rheas, Pumas, Rattlesnakes, Alligators and Lynx and Whales, Penguins, Fur Seals, Dolphins and Sea Turtles, with many appearing in the last four years, or directly before, during or after world events that call for peace and global unity.

According to Chief Arvol Looking Horse, traditional leader of the Lakota clan of the Sioux nation and 19th generation Keeper of the White Buffalo Calf Bundle, the appearance of these white animals heralds a time of great urgency for the Earth and humanity as a whole. It is said that the appearance of such unusually coloured animals is a sign; an omen calling for us to unite as a People and walk as One; to see past the colour of our neighbour’s skin or the ancestry of their people and to come together and embrace them as brothers, sisters and all-related children of the Earth Mother.

Despite the fact that animals exhibiting albinism or leucism are far more vulnerable than their naturally coloured kin, we are seeing an increase in these creatures developing into healthy adults … with many going unnoticed by man until fully mature and quite certain of unaided survival in the wild. It is said that the lesson behind the emergence of these rare white animals is one that must be acknowledged by every man, woman and child if we are to bring healing to the Earth Mother and humanity. We are being reminded to be ever mindful of our actions and reactions, to be more accepting of others, their beliefs, orientations and customs and to be more respectful of the animals and the Earth Mother her self.

Chief Arvol Looking Horse believes that we are now deep in a time of prophecy, when animals are choosing to be born as head-turning anomalies; white ambassadors of their species with messages that double as both blessings and warnings. He endorses the idea that the animals are being born white to attract our attention, as embodiments of a universal need for humanity to unite in the name of Peace so that our children and their children will be ensured a future on Mother Earth. He says 'all nations, all faiths’ must unite ‘in one prayer' no matter how we believe in the Creator Spirit, if we are to acknowledge and honour the birth of these sacred animals and heed their message.

Albino animals have been revered in most cultures for centuries; venerated as omens of good fortune, fertility, plentiful rain and bountiful harvest. Some even describe them as being imbued with supernatural or magical powers, usually charged with extraordinary strength, speed, shape and size. In medieval Europe, for example, it was believed that white Mice personified the souls of departed children, while the appearance of a white Elephant was said to have proclaimed the birth of Gautama Buddha. As a result, the white Elephant has become a sacred symbol of appreciation in Hindu tradition. The white Elephant (and Ganesha) are both said to offer deliverance from the obstacles created by the mundane aspects of life, aspects such as embarrassment and limiting circumstance. In Thailand, the people believe that white Elephants may very well contain the souls of people who have crossed over to the Spirit World.

White animals appear regularly in Welsh and Celtic mythology, too, as creatures of the Otherworld, often sporting red ears, eyes and snouts. In these stories, they were more often than not pursued by brave warriors and noblemen when they ventured into the ordinary world.
Old 31-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Raven Poet

Hi makwaiskwew! So nice to see the Language (is it Cree?) on SF! Sadly, I am not fluent in my Grandmothers' language, but I know a few words because of Drum songs and ceremony.

I had the honour of listening to teachings by Chief Arvol Looking Horse at an Elders Conference about 6 years ago. He shared a story about White Buffalo Calf Woman that was so powerful.

He also shared a beautiful teaching about Creator looking over the Earth to see if anyone still put down or burned Tobacco in the mornings to give thanks for another day of life here. So I think of this each time I put down Tobacco in gratitude, just to be one more person in this world who is giving thanks.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Newbie ;)

hello Raven Poet I have been reading through some posts here and it is an honour to meet you. I feel as tho you are reading my mind sometimes...lol...although I know we are of the same heart

I too am grateful to have had the experience to sit and hear elders teach. Although each experience in life is a teaching. And words are so powerful.
I only know a few words in the language of my turtle island ancestors, still...I am grateful.

Kchi Migwech Gzheminido Kinagego...(my thanks creator for everything)

They were taught to me by an Algonquin elder although I know how to say thank you in other languages too.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Aquahorse

Hello, I would like to thank you all for such a moving post & causing me to remember the gifts of the wise ones. How nice it is to read a post without all the egos filtering junk into the mind. Your words reflect the peaceful energy & true caring of a heart of love joined with the mother. It's been a long time without this food for thought.

Many Blessings come your way!