Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Master

Now somebody tells you, "Well in the Upanishads and the Vedas it says, I am Brahman." So they are saying that they are Brahman. No, they are not. Now get this and remember it all the time. They are saying, "I am is Brahman." They're not saying, "I the personal I is Brahman," or "consciousness." They are stating their true confession that I-am Is Brahman. I-am is consciousness not you. You don't exist. But I-am, Brahman, consciousness, pure awareness, bliss are all synonymous, they happen at the same time.”

Robert Adams

Old 15-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Master

“So the reason we come to satsang is to understand that there is no body, there is no mind, there is only the Self. The Self cannot be explained by words, can only be experienced as pure being. And that being is consciousness, that consciousness is pure awareness which is absolute reality and results in bliss.”

Robert Adams

Old 15-09-2019, 04:02 PM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
*snip*...They are saying, "I am is Brahman." They're not saying, "I the personal I is Brahman," or "consciousness."
They are stating their true confession that I-am Is Brahman. I-am is consciousness not you.
You don't exist.
But I-am, Brahman, consciousness, pure awareness, bliss are all synonymous, they happen at the same time.”Robert Adams
Also, interesting...Christ could have said, meant and it was taken wrong or it was written incorrectly "I-AM is the Way."
Not, "I am the Way..." Ha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Also, interesting...Christ could have said, meant and it was taken wrong or it was written incorrectly "I-AM is the Way."
Not, "I am the Way..." Ha!

Yes, clearly ‘I’ refers to ‘I AM’ since the ‘i’ as in ego i-dentity is delusion. This is brought out several times by Baird Spalding in his series ‘Life & teachings of the masters of the far east’

Old 15-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Master
Robert Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
I'm dedicating this thread to Robert Adams (neo-Advaita teacher).

Will share some of the core teachings of Sri Robert Adams here

Change no one.
Change nothing.
React to no one, react to nothing.
Do not live in the past and do not worry about the future.
Stay in the eternal now, where all is well.

After all you are me and I am you.
There's no difference.
Do not react to the world.
Do not even react to your own body.
Do not even react to your own thoughts.
Learn to become the witness.
Learn to be quiet.

Robert Adams

Tara 5,

...a strange thought just occurred to me upon reading the quote provided above and throughout this thread dedicated to Robert Adams.

To whom would a neo-Advaita teacher be addressing these comments, except to him/herself....

Whose teachings would a neo-Advaita teacher be quoting, except from him/herself....

What name would a neo-Advaita teacher call him/herself....

To Whom, From Whom, or For Whom is the designation "Sri" even given to be utilized...

...if the I AM THAT IS cannot be so addressed or so quoted or so named or so designated in the Eternal Now that always is.

If "After all you are me and I am you" and "There's no difference", then....

WHO IS IT being told to do the things you've quoted above?
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 15-09-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: clarify input
Old 15-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
All I am pointing out is that in order to practice the teachings of others one would have to react to the thought of others .

In these instances it is not an automatic response to one's thoughts arising .

One is purposefully reacting to thoughts in a specific way .

When there are teachings to not react to your thoughts, the actual opposite is occurring isn't it when one complies with another's ways / teachings / practices / thoughts .

Do you see the irony and the contradiction in it all?

x daz x

God-like,

...so well said!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 15-09-2019, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Yes, clearly ‘I’ refers to ‘I AM’ since the ‘i’ as in ego i-dentity is delusion. This is brought out several times by Baird Spalding in his series ‘Life & teachings of the masters of the far east’

Unseeking Seeker,

... Yes I agree. After my first encounter with Baird Spalding's books over 30 years ago, I have understood that this is the true meaning of Jesus's words as He intended.

I AM is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...72&postcount=8

Last edited by guthrio : 15-09-2019 at 11:58 PM. Reason: clarify input
Old 16-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Master

Within You is the Light of a Thousand Suns. Within You is unimaginable Beauty.

Robert Adams

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 16-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Within You is the Light of a Thousand Suns. Within You is unimaginable Beauty.

Robert Adams
Yup, been there, seen It !

Except I would say 'almost' unimaginable beauty.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yup, been there, seen It !
Except I would say 'almost' unimaginable beauty.
Ah! The penny drops! Thanks a billion for the inspiring reassurance