Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-07-2019, 08:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise1127
I struggle with the thought of death so much

Do you struggle with the thought of death because you are afraid of dying and what might happen afterwards? Or are you afraid of losing those you love? Or do you struggle for other reasons?

All I can suggest is that you read the available literature, especially books on Near Death experiences or Out-of-Body travel. They help to give a greater perspective on life in the body and the process of dying. And then you might think of death as a great adventure, a release from the limitations of physical form, and an opportunity to reunite with those you love who have already died.

Peace.
Old 23-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise1127
I struggle with the thought of death so much
As you have stated, the struggles are in your thoughts. Learn to quiet your thoughts
and gain confidence from your core. Trust the process of birth and death; knowing that
billions have gone through it before you and billions will go through it after you.

When you visit a new place you go there and you meet people, take in the scenery, etc.
It is no different with the human transition that we call "death." I used to be so afraid of
life and also so afraid of death, today I have and understanding of life that has removed
all fear. What you are going through is a natural procss and you will eventually give up
that struggle.
Old 29-07-2019, 02:29 AM
Pathfinder

Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Trust the process of birth and death; knowing that
billions have gone through it before you and billions will go through it after you.

....What you are going through is a natural procss and you will eventually give up
%that struggle.

Starman,

I think what you wrote is very comforting. And very timely for me. The last two weeks have been such a struggle as my father almost passed away. He is extremely fearful of death even at age 86. Also he hasn’t lived the best life, especially in regards to family.* I think this has fed into his fear.

It has given me a lot of thought as to things that rather forget about my childhood which was pretty miserable. It is hard to care for somebody who showed no real compassion for you as a child. I am trying my best but it has taken a toll on myself as well. I am also nearing The angel date of my infant son, and the birthdate of another son passed in 2012. All seems too much to handle.

But oddly what you wrote was somewhat comforting for all man or women have to pass when it is their time. When is my time I will be glad. In the meantime I struggle through for my daughter sake and for my grandson. Hope you don’t mind my rambling just like a lot of thoughts tonight.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
It is hard to care for somebody who showed no real compassion for you as a child.

Wow. Deja-Vu in my own history.

For me, I was lucky to have had some spiritual guidance (from friends of my mother). I grew into someone who has faced the same - "dead-ends; roadblocks; & inability to prevent anything otherwise from happening (death)" with our fragile physicalness.

Once I saw the futility in trying to "by-pass" it in any way, shape, or form, I decided to accept how normal it is for everything physical to be - inescapably temporary. So I turned my attention to the aspects of consciousness, and how impossible it is to fully and accurately describe how it functions - regardless the scientific advances made since I've lived.

I could only conclude that this is all that's left when physicallness ends. That in itself, was all I ever needed to cope. The attachments of spiritualism, religions, philosophies etc. are so wide ranging and variable, I couldn't resist the realization that in an Infinitely regressive system (reality itself), the common denominator was "ego" - how we all "individually" look upon something (larger) that supercedes all else. So much so, that we tend to protect it - only because of its association to that larger "supreme force", even as it possesses us in order to "extend its own life" vicariously through our organism.

I think to understand the definition of "Atman" is to understand the persistence and zeal for life (of everything that desires to "extend its own life") with sentience. For my definition of "Atman" , you could read it through this link.

(its just a personal rationalization & to be fair, this appears in the middle of a 7 part saga that my higher soul presented to me some time ago - its part of his story) :

https://heaventology.weebly.com/side...-of-atman.html

I have reached my level of mind, out of comprehending that everything fits together, whether we see the connectivity or not...

To my perception, ego is no big deal itself. Its just trying to survive unto itself. This, of course, is the fear of the process of death - which ultimately is an inescapable transition of awareness - & not one of total annihilation, as every ego fears it to be (the "positive" essence of atman is persistence; the negative is "refusing to let go"). I probably can't teach it that truth, so I guess it will just have to wait around and see for itself.

Eventually, it becomes as that "unwanted" friend that just wants to cling to our soul. We may choose to nurture it out of self respect - but to not encourage it, out of love. Protect it perhaps, for as long as it needs to feel safe - but eventually, turning away from its demands when it wants to behave "overbearingly." We hope to teach it that it needn't feel "fearful", "aggressively possessive", or the "center of attention" all of the time, and we just get on with our life.

when life ends, it will suddenly realize that it still persists, but I doubt that it can seriously believe that it had anything to do with that - of its own power.
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 06-08-2019, 12:57 AM
Master

Actually Miss Hepburn as of the 16th printing there were only 100,000 copies in existence. I know there was another edition printed in 2012 but I'm not sure how many were printed at that time. I consider it an honor to be in possession of one of the copies of this wonderful book.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Actually Miss Hepburn as of the 16th printing there were only 100,000 copies in existence. I know there was another edition printed in 2012 but I'm not sure how many were printed at that time. I consider it an honor to be in possession of one of the copies of this wonderful book.

Which made me curious as to whether I have The Path of the Masters on my bookshelves. Alas, I cannot find it, although I read it many years ago. I did find other Radha Soami books (My Submission, The Living Master, and The Science of the Soul). Maybe it is time to read them again.

Peace
Old 06-08-2019, 10:23 PM
Master

There are copies available on Amazon, but be careful there are several books with the same or similar titles by differrent authors. And the prices are a bit steep. Not unattainable, but a bit more than than your average book. But understand these are ofp (out of print) books.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Master

Quote:
There are copies available on Amazon, but be careful there are several books with the same or similar titles by differrent authors. And the prices are a bit steep. Not unattainable, but a bit more than than your average book. But understand these are ofp (out of print) books.

Thanks, Deb. There is a chance I have it somewhere on my overflowing shelves, but finding it is another matter.

Peace.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Thanks, Deb. There is a chance I have it somewhere on my overflowing shelves, but finding it is another matter.

Peace.

Lol, I do understand that! Since grandkids are now grown I've turned their room into a library with cheap bookshelves from Walmart. It sure helped. I'm embarrassed at how many books I have sitting on bookshelves. I've even taken the time to allocate different sections to different subjects.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Lol, I do understand that! Since grandkids are now grown I've turned their room into a library with cheap bookshelves from Walmart. It sure helped. I'm embarrassed at how many books I have sitting on bookshelves. I've even taken the time to allocate different sections to different subjects.

The Japanese have a word for it - tsundoku. This is the act of accumulating books which may never be read. I have built-in wardrobes crammed with books, and even though I read 2-3 books a week I never catch up because I keep buying more. But it is nice to have them there.

Happy reading.