Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
This is why you can't tell this to the average person. If a person has no inkling of Advaita Vedanta, you cannot say keep silent. For to them it means just to be quiet. They don't realize it means to go deep, deep, deep, deep within, to that place where absolute reality lives, and that's the silence.

Actually the human body cannot keep silent. There's something else that enters the silence. It has nothing to do with your humanity. It's only after years perhaps of meditation in previous lives, that you can be mature enough to really know what this path is all about.”
If that's what you/anyone 'believes', that is what you, he or she will see', think and feel. That's how 'hypnosis' (which includes the phenomenon of auto-suggestion) operates.

Saying that the 'average' person can't or doesn't know what you/Roberts ADVAITA (or whatever) tradition based philosophy 'declares' is therefore a my hypnosis/belief is amount is 'superior'(by fiat!) than yours mindf*ck, IMO. Here's a definition of what I am speaking about. It is pychospiritually violational, IMO.

I'll tell you this (please try to grok its functional relevance, mind bent unseekingseeker would be mind mind-bender), my personal perception/understanding is that "your/our humanity" (meaning your/our incarnations in a human body/world as a soul) is what Jesus was referencing when he said "I (he was speaking transpersonally) am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”.

Robert has it all 'wrong', IMO. You are of course free to keep quoting him as though you are just sharing the truth pertaining to everyone, unseeking(supposedly)seeker, but my devotion to what I regard as the truth requires that I speak up to the contrary, saying that your quoting Robert (as though he knows the real truth) is is an illegitimate attempt to co-opt the truth, as illegitimate as anyone proclaiming "Allah hu Akbar" or "Jesus is Lord" (which is what Krishamurthi's meme aims to point out).

It would be different if you presented Robert's pronouncements as his or your or others opinion, theory, working hypothesis, adding reasons and logic pertaining to your adoption of such belief and consequent lifestyle choice. But that is not what you are doing, Bro,

Hence my 'speaking up' hoping that will help others here to not be or continue to be 'bamboozled' by your/Robert's apparent (absolute?) sureness in said regard.
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Master
Just curious, If the Robert Adams thread bothers you so much, why do you participate on this thread?
Besides, I see nothing wrong in saying "God is the greatest"/Allah hu Akbar or Jesus is Lord. As they say, each to their own.
But then.... when they say Jesus is LORD, I question if the person knows what that means, etc.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Feel the Presence yourself, feel the happiness and joy that you really are.
Feel the Presence, the Presence of Consciousness, the Presence of Pure Awareness.
When you begin to think about it-you spoil it.
~Robert

( I swear I opened the book and this is what came up first..hahaha)
I also took my coins into the bank...I said lemme guess first ...I said $152...
It was $152.37. Bazinga.
I used to go to one Spiritualist Church. To change the delivery of the mesages, I sometimes would have a person close their eyes, open a Bible and put their finger on a verse while their eyes were close. That scripture would be the basis of their message.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
This strikes me as being a potentially educational example (for anyone capable of appreciating its significance) of a fairly 'blind' man pompously projecting that he clearly 'sees' what's true in reality.
I suspect that there are some 'blind' people that can see.
Changing the subject, have you ever been in a pitch black area and found out you could still 'see'?
Have you ever put a blindfold on, and in some cases, still 'see'?

Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM
Master
We are 99.99999% empty space according to quantum physics...YES!

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.

Old Today, 02:25 AM
Master

@ David ... alright! What is it you wish to truly know as of my direct experience? Iíll be more than happy to share. And more importantly ... what is it you wish to affirm as of your direct (fragmented thought dropped) experience?

Of course, it may be better to share this elsewhere since this thread is on Robert Adams ... incidentally, harmonious with Ramana, Ashtavakra Gita & Dattatreya at least.