Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 22-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Uma Uma is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,387
  Uma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I've been having similar thoughts. I mean coming here hundreds of times is one thing, but thousands, yes thousands! Are we being tricked, forced or is it through boredom.

Well, I was being facetious but in a way I do believe that other influences have something to do with it. I agree with ancient sages that we come here by choice, but we have guides too and of course deep karmic patterns in us (attachments - samskaras) that compel us to keep coming back. In heaven things don't look so bad but when we come to this earth plane it's a different story. I remember as a little kid arguing with my guides about it - but being born, there was no turning back.

According to my Teacher, spiritual souls who choose to come to this dark age (yuga) do so to get maximum purification out of the lifetime - so they can earn their place in the brighter yugas - the ages that are more like paradise.
__________________
Joy ♡ Art (◡‿◡✿)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 22-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Uma Uma is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,387
  Uma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I don't buy it has to be thousands of times, something seems amiss.

Actually millions - if you count the pre-human lifetimes (mineral➠vegetable➠animal➠human) - everything is pushed to evolve.
__________________
Joy ♡ Art (◡‿◡✿)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 23-08-2019, 05:46 AM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 1,264
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Well, I was being facetious but in a way I do believe that other influences have something to do with it. I agree with ancient sages that we come here by choice, but we have guides too and of course deep karmic patterns in us (attachments - samskaras) that compel us to keep coming back. In heaven things don't look so bad but when we come to this earth plane it's a different story. I remember as a little kid arguing with my guides about it - but being born, there was no turning back.

According to my Teacher, spiritual souls who choose to come to this dark age (yuga) do so to get maximum purification out of the lifetime - so they can earn their place in the brighter yugas - the ages that are more like paradise.

Yes, it's the other influences that are the concern. Maybe it has to keep evolving, creating or it ceases to exist. Wonder what happens if we say no. That's if we have a choice at all of course.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 23-08-2019, 05:49 AM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 1,264
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Actually millions - if you count the pre-human lifetimes (mineral➠vegetable➠animal➠human) - everything is pushed to evolve.

Yes! Although it doesn't seem the same as the self awareness isn't there.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 23-08-2019, 06:28 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: I live in a house.
Posts: 1,266
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Actually millions - if you count the pre-human lifetimes (mineral➠vegetable➠animal➠human) - everything is pushed to evolve.

What happens if you were a tree, died and became petrified wood?

Would you have moved from a plant to a mineral?
__________________
..
.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
.................................
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 23-08-2019, 06:17 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 1,224
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What happens if you were a tree, died and became petrified wood?

Would you have moved from a plant to a mineral?

Well, no. The tree has died so whatever consciousness which expressed itself through the tree has moved on. Whatever happens to the physical remains of the tree is nothing to do with that consciousness.

Peace
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 23-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Uma Uma is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,387
  Uma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What happens if you were a tree, died and became petrified wood?

Would you have moved from a plant to a mineral?

....what iamthat said (above)
__________________
Joy ♡ Art (◡‿◡✿)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 23-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Uma Uma is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,387
  Uma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Yes, it's the other influences that are the concern. Maybe it has to keep evolving, creating or it ceases to exist. Wonder what happens if we say no. That's if we have a choice at all of course.

You have some interesting comments/questions here.
Only the form ceases to exist not the consciousness - consciousness/awareness is what is left when everything else goes offline. The ego is the last thing to go. E.G.O. "Edges God Out"

I don't know what are choices are anymore. I used to think I knew.

Here's an interesting analogy to ponder:

We all know video games, right? We can play online with people we don't know through the characters we create (the "avataurs"). And we have to evolve in the "game" to get to more advanced stages of the game. But we are not the characters. Somebody is playing the game (or several somebodies - that's the collective - that's the Universe). And then if you think of the gaming developer, somebody programmed the game too - came up with all the possibilities. If we get caught up in the game (which we do - we get excited, we get mad, we get frustrated...) we forget we're playing the game. We get so caught up like in the picture below, our thoughts and emotions and hormones are raging, and our true nature (consciousness) is lost, is there but we lose awareness of it (I mean most of us can't speak for all).

And there might be an upgraded version of the game that we have to "pay for". And then the upgraded version might have a flaw in it and it gets all messed up and we have to reset everything back to the factory settings - I'm thinking of people who have got to big power positions but they succumbed to their lower nature, their selfish nature and had to reincarnate.

Life is a lot like this I think. The characters in the game act like they have free will. The players pushing the buttons think they have free will. The programmer thinks they have freewill. There are so many levels to this it boggles the mind.
__________________
Joy ♡ Art (◡‿◡✿)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 23-08-2019, 09:04 PM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 1,264
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
You have some interesting comments/questions here.
Only the form ceases to exist not the consciousness - consciousness/awareness is what is left when everything else goes offline. The ego is the last thing to go. E.G.O. "Edges God Out"

I don't know what are choices are anymore. I used to think I knew.

Here's an interesting analogy to ponder:

We all know video games, right? We can play online with people we don't know through the characters we create (the "avataurs"). And we have to evolve in the "game" to get to more advanced stages of the game. But we are not the characters. Somebody is playing the game (or several somebodies - that's the collective - that's the Universe). And then if you think of the gaming developer, somebody programmed the game too - came up with all the possibilities. If we get caught up in the game (which we do - we get excited, we get mad, we get frustrated...) we forget we're playing the game. We get so caught up like in the picture below, our thoughts and emotions and hormones are raging, and our true nature (consciousness) is lost, is there but we lose awareness of it (I mean most of us can't speak for all).

And there might be an upgraded version of the game that we have to "pay for". And then the upgraded version might have a flaw in it and it gets all messed up and we have to reset everything back to the factory settings - I'm thinking of people who have got to big power positions but they succumbed to their lower nature, their selfish nature and had to reincarnate.

Life is a lot like this I think. The characters in the game act like they have free will. The players pushing the buttons think they have free will. The programmer thinks they have freewill. There are so many levels to this it boggles the mind.

Thanks for your answer Uma. I should have made myself clearer. When I said "we", I meant the soul. The soul uses these characters. If the soul says no to the progress it has to keep on making.

Funny, I was thinking after my last post on this. What if it's like one of those pyramid schemes. Where we best not participate in the first place, because the only ones that gain are the ones at the top. The creator of the scheme ie the source. I do believe in reincarnation. But as of late this amount of times issue is there for me.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums