Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 19-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Che Lazou

Robert Monroe and the Future

I don't know if this counts as a near death experience, but Robert Monroe described visiting the future where the Middle East had suffered a nuclear holocaust, there was a dramatic fall in the world's population, and all the people were light brown.

Do people think this scenario is likely or has already been avoided by the choices we have made?
Old 20-02-2019, 03:05 AM
Master

I believe that we (some of us) can foresee the future, as it is likely to happen. But, we can also change the future because we have free will. The same foreseers see different futures in different moments, as probabilities change.

Foreseeing where current conditions (thoughts) lead, is an invaluable tool to build a future you like, and avoid those futures you don't want.

This doesn't mean that one could impose "idealistic" concepts on others, because everybody has free will.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Che Lazou

So from the point of view of absolute be-ingness every possibility can exist, from the point of view of absolute be-ness every possibility already exists, I believe some people like to frame this world view as the matrix, a simulation, in which we have choice, but there are no absolutes that we can comprehend so our choice is always balanced against the choices of others, until we realise all is one. Do we ever give up on attachments, I am certainly attached to my father's country of origin in the Middle East and would hate to see it wiped out, am I manifesting the opposite by worrying about this? Since everything already exists to somebody, why worry at all, as Gods are we destined to experience everything, or is our experience always unique, never truly the same as another, is all one really or all zero-point energy dancing in our shared tapestry of life? Robert Monroe was told of his future scenario, the one I described, decades ago, is it still unfolding, were his words chosen by me the instant I picked up his book, why am I worrying about it at all? Just some thoughts. Thank you.
Old 20-02-2019, 11:03 AM
Che Lazou

I guess I am asking this because NDE's tend to teach something about what will happen if one doesn't change. So what are the lessons of Robert Monroe's vision, what changes do we need to make to avoid the future it describes? We may choose to experience it anyway, but as I said the point of NDE's tend to be a warning impelling us to learn our lessons and change. I'm not trying to wake anyone up, and perhaps my question is too big, global catastrophe's have lessons that run very deep. Have we already learned all that we need to learn from his trajectory? Thank you.
Old 20-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che Lazou
So from the point of view of absolute be-ingness every possibility can exist, from the point of view of absolute be-ness every possibility already exists,

We could consider this idea from the perspective of ourselves as individuals. As above, so below. As below, so above. Whatever applies to humanity as a whole also applies to each one of us individually.

So each one of us as Being/Consciousness has a blueprint which contains all potential expressions of consciousness. As incarnate beings we express one aspect of all these potential expressions. And in a subsequent incarnation we might express a different aspect. But nothing is fixed. The choices we make along the way determine which of the many possible expressions and outcomes actually manifests.

Robert Monroe wrote his books some decades ago when the world was quite different. Back then, the nuclear threat was the major issue. Obviously this threat is still present, but there are new threats such as climate change which did not exist when RM was writing his books. Perhaps if RM was writing today he would describe a very different future scenario.

It is many years since I read RM's books but didn't he also describe a later future scenario where humans were living in complete harmony amongst themselves and with nature? His books are still on my shelves - maybe it is time to reread them.

Peace.
Old 20-02-2019, 10:12 PM
leadville

Quote:
I don't know if this counts as a near death experience, but Robert Monroe described visiting the future where the Middle East had suffered a nuclear holocaust, there was a dramatic fall in the world's population, and all the people were light brown.

Do people think this scenario is likely or has already been avoided by the choices we have made?

A near-death experience is only that - an experience that comes about as a result of event that takes the experiencer near to a point apparently approaching bodily death. An NDE does not provide a glimpse of an unchanging, unalterable future - there is no such future.

Monroe may have seen someone's representation (or even his own) of one potential future or it might be he saw something altogether different.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
I guess I am asking this because NDE's tend to teach something about what will happen if one doesn't change. So what are the lessons of Robert Monroe's vision, what changes do we need to make to avoid the future it describes? We may choose to experience it anyway, but as I said the point of NDE's tend to be a warning impelling us to learn our lessons and change. I'm not trying to wake anyone up, and perhaps my question is too big, global catastrophe's have lessons that run very deep. Have we already learned all that we need to learn from his trajectory? Thank you.

I disagree.

Space/time has a beginning and an end. Eternity does not.
Eternity is a greater reality and truth. Ultimate reality.

The prophesies are writ, they tell us what will unfold, and from the eternal perspective our future in space/time has already occurred. It is unavoidable.

In effect then also you see, a program is running.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-04-2019, 07:35 AM
leadville

Quote:

Space/time has a beginning and an end. Eternity does not.
Eternity is a greater reality and truth. Ultimate reality.

The prophesies are writ, they tell us what will unfold, and from the eternal perspective our future in space/time has already occurred. It is unavoidable.

In effect then also you see, a program is running.

Prophecies may - but may not - turn out to be accurate. What's 'real' is what happens wherever, whatever and whenever; there is no gradation of reality, nothing greater or greatest just as there is no gradation of truth - only degrees of incompleteness.

One could certainly liken everything to a computer program but if so it's not one written in a complex unknown code by unknown entities determining every event everywhere and everywhen. It's a very simple, free-running one predicated on cause and effect.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:32 PM
Guide
Quote:

I had heard about that but did not know it was Monroe in a NDE that presented that information.

I think we are not safe yet, as long as the US/UK/Russia and others are meddling in the middle east. It could now be nuclear, chemical or biological weapons that destroy us, or maybe all of the above. It also could be delayed 50 years and our grandchildren die because of the plastic pollution and no clean air to breathe. There are so many ways humans are trying to eradicate themselves from this planet.

The best we could hope for is the future that SouthPark predicted where "we have given up all 'isms' because it just divides us" but still there were enemies to fight. LOL