Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Maria G. Acevedo

Wanting to talk to my Dad

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me with this.
So my father has been deceased for over 12 years now around this time actually. So lately I have been feeling the urge to talk to him but I dont know how to. I know he is near me I can sense him, I also wrote him a letter that is sitting underneath my pillow. I am not sure why after all these years I suddenly feel the urge to speak to him. Thanks so much

Maria
Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Shabby

Hey Maria....Welcome to the forum. I wanted to connect with my brother and bought the book One Last Time by John Edwards. He gives in the back of his book instructions how to connect with loved ones that have passed over. He offers a meditation that you can follow and it worked for me : )
Old 08-03-2012, 01:26 AM
walkingbacktogeorgia

Talk to your dad, you will get an immediate response in your head. That's him. You will be surprised... the things you will hear will sound just like him. You may "hear", "see," or both. Just keep an open mind. You should meditate, and the relaxation will bring him to you.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:58 AM
Maria G. Acevedo

Thank You guys, this helps so much!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Master

You can astral project and see him. William Buhleim the author of astral projection books talks about astral projecting and seeing his deceased friend.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
xebiche

Maria,

Its like a one way mirror.

They can observe us, but not vice versa.

The best way to communicate with your dad is in death is the same way you communicate with him in life. Just put you intention into a conversation and talk. Intention counts. So be your natural self. And put your words and thoughts out there to be heard.

I am not sure you will ever "hear" back. Simply because he is in another dimension after all. That does sever traditional conversation as we know it.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Enya

Just chat to him, Maria, aloud or in your head. He's possibly close because of an anniversary or simply he feels you need him... or because he's learnt how to communicate from his side! You might feel him close, feel a soft breeze or cool air around you, find a memory or song popping into your head - these can all be messages from a loved one in Spirit.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Administrator

Hi Maria,

It doesnt matter how long your dad has passed over.time has no concept in the spirit what seems like years months days etc to you, may only be seconds to them, some spirit take years to come through, some days everyone is different,
you dont need a medium to speak to you dad,just speak to him whether it be by words or thought,it doesnt matter he will hear you.

Namaste
Old 22-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Henri77

He very likely has something to "say" at this point in your life.
This is what you sense.
Talking out loud gets it started ...then conversation continues in your heart or head

Just thinking of him with love, will attract his presence, most likely.
Old 22-03-2012, 12:20 PM
MorningMist

Hello and welcome, Maria :)

It's not complicated, but at first you might feel a bit silly talking to 'thin air': just open your mouth and let your heart speak.

I love that you wrote him a letter, too.

Hugs
MorningMist