Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 16-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Experiencer
At the New Year

בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה' אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הַעוֹלָם שֶׁהֶחֱיָנוּ וְקִיְּמָנוּ וְהִגִּיעָנוּ לַזְּמַן הַזֶּה

G-d has kept us alive, has sustained and enabled us to reach this season.
May we all in the new year be blessed with good health, good fortune and good friends. May we be blessed with love, with joy and enduring peace.

שנה טובה

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 18-09-2012, 01:19 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה' אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הַעוֹלָם שֶׁהֶחֱיָנוּ וְקִיְּמָנוּ וְהִגִּיעָנוּ לַזְּמַן הַזֶּה

May we all in the new year be blessed with good health, good fortune and good friends. May we be blessed with love, with joy and enduring peace.

שנה טובה

B'shalom,

Peter

Amen!

RabbiO,

I was curious to whether Nehemiah is in your Sacred Text? One day I hope to explore them. I just started reflecting on Nehemiah chapter 1, Nehemiah's action, his fasting and prayer given at a time when gates and walls were set fire to and destroyed. The news was renewed in Nehemiah's heart and he was given sight of what God sees. With the gates of a many a embassy... it just seems so fitting in this time as the text points to leadership as many a leader have been raised up in their due season. And too, here comes this election in November.

Opening with your thanksgiving seems to be a perfect way to enter into Nehemiah's model prayer. I do not know if it is improper to expand on the prayer so well said, RabbiO, neither am I a man who often prays aloud in front of others. Excuse me for doing so at this time...

"G-d has kept us alive, has sustained and enabled us to reach this season..."

Give us sight God, help us God to have a burden for the things that burden you, move us forward to the very things that move you. As this season passes by, there are many in harms way, may a new one begin by bringing us, by bringing them within new gates and walls -- a safe place in your name, a place of comfort. May these walls and gates be known, may they come to see the dwelling place for you God. We come boldly before your throne of grace, your people, because you are a God of covenants. We repent and come to you knowing, that you God hear our prayers.

Amen

Quote:
The words of Nehemiah son of Hakaliah:

In the month of Kislev in the twentieth year, while I was in the citadel of Susa, Hanani, one of my brothers, came from Judah with some other men, and I questioned them about the Jewish remnant that had survived the exile, and also about Jerusalem.

They said to me, “Those who survived the exile and are back in the province are in great trouble and disgrace. The wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates have been burned with fire.”

When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven. Then I said:

“Lord, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments, let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel. I confess the sins we Israelites, including myself and my father’s family, have committed against you. We have acted very wickedly toward you. We have not obeyed the commands, decrees and laws you gave your servant Moses.

“Remember the instruction you gave your servant Moses, saying, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations, but if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name.’

“They are your servants and your people, whom you redeemed by your great strength and your mighty hand. Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.”

I was cupbearer to the king.

Last edited by TeeHee : 18-09-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 18-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO

שנה טובה

B'shalom,

Peter

Thank you!

שנה טובה

to you RabbiO and to all at this time of year,
which many of us refer to as the spiritual New Year

Shana Tova to all...
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Master
The Messiah shall sit on His throne in Israel soon. From there rule the nations.

Rescue Israel, oh Emmanuel. Bless the people of Zion.
Bring the lasting peace, as promised.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein