Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 26-04-2018, 07:28 AM
Knower
Closing movment of qigong excercises

about the closing movement at the end qigong exercises

what is the point of this moment ?

sometimes i see people do it and sometimes they dont (for example i seen many shibashi videos they dont close after each excerise) - do you think they are needed ?

if i dont do them can that do harm in some way to energy etc or not do harm but just lower the benifits ?

also sometimes i see the ending movment done with one hand above the other and sometimes they close together - whats the right way or best way to do it ?

a video with example of closing movment after each type of excercise :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K-0JpiJu-o

(any thing you want to add more about the subject of closing movement is welcomed)
Old 26-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Master
The currant state of my knowledge regards Tai Chi and Qui Gong is limited.
Yet I know a lot about moving energies, and it good practice to circle the energies in the tan tien clockwise and then anticlockwise.
Once you are more confident in moving energies, you just might focus on the tan tien and the energy will gather at that point.
Old 28-04-2018, 03:14 AM
Experiencer
When you practice qigong, qi moves all over the place, and it's best to help it to settle again at the end of practice. Usually that involves the lower dantian. Since the natural route for qi to move is upward, starting from the root chakra, ending on the lower dantian makes complete sense. This helps you grow, stay rooted, and helps you avoid imbalances from letting qi flow without any guidance
Old 07-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Knower
and i do it by raising hands and lowering them again ? why the raise of hands first ?

also if it starts from root chakra why not settle the qi at the root chakra and not just the lower dentian ?

but more than anything would love to get the answer to why in the video below she does this closing movment after each movment excercise set and not at the end of the entire pracctice

cause when i watch the 18 forms shibashi videos on youtube they dont do a closing movement after each exercise yet she does it after every movement set

talking about this video :

Old 07-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
and i do it by raising hands and lowering them again ? why the raise of hands first ?

also if it starts from root chakra why not settle the qi at the root chakra and not just the lower dentian ?

but more than anything would love to get the answer to why in the video below she does this closing movment after each movment excercise set and not at the end of the entire pracctice

cause when i watch the 18 forms shibashi videos on youtube they dont do a closing movement after each exercise yet she does it after every movement set

talking about this video :

Qigong works with ' Chi ' not chakras.
The 8 Brocade always close each movement and end of Form. Shibasi is not genuine Qigong, it's based on Tai Chi movements, it's a fairly new exercise. If you want the original 18 Tai Chi Qigong Form just google it but leave out the word Shibashi. You will see the original closes with the last movement and it is called ' Quieting the chi '
Old 08-05-2018, 08:49 PM
Knower
OK i do usually look for 18 forms just remembered once i looked for shibashi - still why in the 8 brocades they close after each movment and in the 18 forms they close only at the end ?
Old 09-05-2018, 05:49 AM
Master
Quote:
OK i do usually look for 18 forms just remembered once i looked for shibashi - still why in the 8 brocades they close after each movment and in the 18 forms they close only at the end ?

Because Qigong is for cultivating, balancing and strengthing Chi/Qi so you are closing each movement. 18th Form is using movements from Tai Chi which is a Martial Art and flows from one move to another without a pause.
Old 17-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Knower
Ohhh - so better to give up on 18 forms and do some other type of qigong instead ?

also you know why sometimes the closing is one hand over the other and sometimes she does them both on the same level ?
Old 17-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Ohhh - so better to give up on 18 forms and do some other type of qigong instead ?

also you know why sometimes the closing is one hand over the other and sometimes she does them both on the same level ?

Which Form do you mean?
Old 21-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Knower
"18 forms" its a series of excerices

if you mean the closing - its in the video i linked to of the 8 brocades at one point she even says something like in men the right hand is above the left for closing and in woamn the opposite - but in the same video she does the closing movement with both hands at the same level as well as in different levels