Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 01-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Deactivated Account
'Tempting fate'/negative sychroncities

The other day I just happened to mention in conversation to someone that the local kids hadn't knocked my bins over in months (last Jan/Feb they went through a phase of knocking them over and it nearly drove me insane). Anyway, the following day guess what - the kids knocked my bins over out of the blue

It IS half term and they are clearly bored, but co-incidence or is this a sign that I am attracting negative synchronicity? I am starting to get paranoid as I am caught in a negative loop with a lot of difficult issues happening to me.

Also, the other day I considered to myself that I hadn't had a certain symptom in months, and then guess what - the next day I developed the symptom

Some may say I am tempting fate as it were, but what is 'tempting fate'? Are we truly attracting these things by merely thinking about them? Are we unconsciously saying we want them? Or are they purely coincidence?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Are we truly attracting these things by merely thinking about them? Are we unconsciously saying we want them? Or are they purely coincidence?
I dont believe in coincidence anymore.

I think what happens to you is just that you somehow believe these things and thats why they happen.
Have you ever tried affirmations? They can work miraculously. You just have to believe in them
:)

Flora

PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKNiY4pLxLA

-

E. A. Poe​

Last edited by Flora : 01-11-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Master
You could say 'law of attraction' but consider also the possibility that you had maybe some unconscious intuition that these things were going to happen, so the thought seemed to pop in your head like getting a glimpse of the future. Chicken or egg a lot of times IMO. I figure sometimes psychic wires get crossed, and information is accessed in some way or another.

I know the negative paranoia loop though, it can be a sort of self fulfilling prophecy sometimes, but i think that if you refuse to believe in it and train yourself to look at 'big picture - all good' then that will be (and i truly believe is) reality.

I kind of am not fully in agreement with synchronicities always being 'good' all the time, maybe they can be 'bad' in that they contain warnings, but warnings in themselves are helpful. It is a fine line though. Like the true story that 'A beautiful Mind' is based on. I believe that like him, a lot of schizophrenics can be in too deep with the synchronistic archetypes and become consumed with 'what does it all mean?!' and think it is all important to unravel the whole 'truth' all at once.

However, ii feel like it is important to keep at least one foot firmly rooted in 'reality.' Sorry for the massive answer that sort of drifts off topic here. Kind of got going with it. I have had some pretty amazing synchronicities and i try to remain in a sense interested objective observer scientist, make a note of it, then let it go.

My friend did this one thing to us once where another couple friends didnt believe in synchronicities, so he told one of them to pick a random number, a random name out of the phonebook, and a monument. He then went on the internet (it was the washington monument that was picked, and it was built by a guy who lived on a street with the random number picked, on a street with the random name that was picked ( or maybe it was actually the name of the archetect, i can't honestly remember exactly). There were a couple other layers i believe to, but yeah that would be an example of how wild it can get and how connected it all is, and some "crazy" people are very wise in ways the rest of us most of us anyways, don't dare to consider. And i would add that i am very close friends with the guy who did this, and i can pretty much guarantee that he knew nothing about the monument, name or number like beforehand, nor mentally put it in his head or anything, he just had complete faith and wanted to prove it was real lol. An amazing experience actually.

Anways, interesting question.

Take care. ~

Last edited by Deusdrum : 02-11-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for the interesting replies!

I am attempting to change my thought patterns at the moment and am aware when I start drifting into negative and then I change them into positive affirmations. Hopefully that'll help. It could be that I believe the events will occur on some level.

Interesting thought that perhaps I'm intuitively picking up on what will happen. I hadn't considered it in that way. It's certainly something to watch out for.

Yep, I am considering the whole picture is good and we can't know why things happen, but the fact is there is an order to it. When I catch myself thinking what a terrible year it has been (and I've said this a lot) I remind myself that in fact I have grown a huge amount, probably more than a lot of years put together. In that sense it has been an amazing year of healing and spiritual growth.

Yes I did wonder if sychroncities could be negative as well as positive. I suspected they could be. I agree with you though that it is about being mindful of reality and not letting the mind get too caught up with worrying and paranoia.

Fantastic story about the phone book, thanks for sharing. Just shows what can happen when we have absolute faith.

Thanks for replies.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Master
It occurred to me after i had written the story part of the post that anyone who read the story who has not experienced the syncronicity thing (or maybe even those who have) might think that it is an unbelievable story. I might be pushing my luck telling that particular one. For you skeptics out there (who, if honestly open to both the possibility as well and the fradulence, i think are absolutely necessary, there are a lot of charlatans out there) the story is 100% true. However, rest easier if you must by putting it down to pure chance, or some sneakiness on my friends part that i had completely missed, or whatever else explainable factors you wish. I certainly can't prove anything.

So yes, it is a sort of unbelievable story, but yes, it did happen, and also yes, i am open to the possibility that there is some more 'reasonable' explanation, though from my memory and investigation of all the elements, i can think of no other one really.

Im usually reticent about sharing some stories, for the fact of appearing like a liar or a fool, plus it makes no difference to me to convince people of anything. But i do respect the need for healthy skepticism, but would also point out that at one point in history, it was common sense to 99% of the population that the earth was flat, just look at the horizon.. but from a greater perspective the truth can often be vastly different than what it appears. I think it is always a mistake to assume we ever have the whole truth. God only knows..
Old 17-07-2022, 12:24 AM
Bambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Thats an excellent video!!

I dont like "Tempting fate" and I have these sheepish friends who continually ask me stuff im not comfortable answering because I DONT WANNA TEMPT FATE!!

They laugh at me...