Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 28-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
This topic - as the discussion has evolved onto the second page - reminds me of the issue a lot of 12-Step sponsors have with recovery coaches.

Sponsors sponsor for free. Coaching is a not a free service. They aren't the same thing, but not many people know this including most 12 steppers.

This is what's so great about having the freedom to start your own business and make all the rules - including the amount you're going to get paid.

Evaluate and determine whether or not what she's offering is worth her asking price or move on. What other people think is irrelevant. A lot of people can't afford $5000 for that kind of instruction - but plenty can, too.

Did you ask if she would consider offering a discount?

Of course! It seems there's a feeling in here that just because some people need help is because they are in a place of lack of money too, which is not true.

A lot of people need help and coaching and DO HAVE LOTS OF MONEY. Or they are capable of making more money to invest in themselves.

That shows a lot of respect for themselves and just the process of paying a high fee and getting the money for it, is empowering in itself and is already part of the coaching journey.
Old 28-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Suspended
Monks and gurus are teachers. Coaches is just another term that some use for it. They all have there own method of doing it. And not all of them want your money for there teachings. Just someone who's willing to learn from them.
Old 28-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
Or they are capable of making more money to invest in themselves.

That shows a lot of respect for themselves and just the process of paying a high fee and getting the money for it, is empowering in itself and is already part of the coaching journey.

High-five!
Old 28-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarium
Monks and gurus are teachers. Coaches is just another term that some use for it. They all have there own method of doing it. And not all of them want your money for there teachings. Just someone who's willing to learn from them.

I don't know about you, but I am not a monk neither a guru. Actually, I don't like the name "guru" in any form or shape.

I am a coach who wants to be paid in money for my services, because I like money and want to make coaching my earning.

If someone else prefers to do it differently, fine. There is more than one path in life and we should do what makes us feel good.
Old 28-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Suspended
Quote:
I don't know about you, but I am not a monk neither a guru. Actually, I don't like the name "guru" in any form or shape.

I am a coach who wants to be paid in money for my services, because I like money and want to make coaching my earning.

If someone else prefers to do it differently, fine. There is more than one path in life and we should do what makes us feel good.
I used them as examples, cause of the region where they originated from. They were teachers. What's to dislike what they're called? When it's what they teach other's that matters.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
I used them as examples, cause of the region where they originated from. They were teachers. What's to dislike what they're called? When it's what they teach other's that matters.

I don't know, the term "guru" sounds to me like a know-it-all, someone who has achieved enlightenment and is now superior to others. He is "the guru", know what I mean!?

When in reality this is not a journey to achieve perfection, but to achieve expression, and we all are learning at all times, gurus included.
Old 29-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Suspended
Quote:
I don't know, the term "guru" sounds to me like a know-it-all, someone who has achieved enlightenment and is now superior to others. He is "the guru", know what I mean!?

When in reality this is not a journey to achieve perfection, but to achieve expression, and we all are learning at all times, gurus included.
Monks and guru's meditate in deep states cause that is part of there path and how they come to find there understanding of things, that taught them many things. They're only called that cause it is a term used in the area where they originated from. Not cause they're a 'know it all' as you assume them to be, that only shows you've not come to the same point of there understanding to clearly see that. As they don't see themselves as being superior to other's. Maybe youd get a better understanding of that from expanding your current perspective. Since you think you're 'enlightened'.
Old 29-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Monks and guru's meditate in deep states cause that is part of there path and how they come to find there understanding of things, that taught them many things. They're only called that cause it is a term used in the area where they originated from. Not cause they're a 'know it all' as you assume them to be, that only shows you've not come to the same point of there understanding to clearly see that. As they don't see themselves as being superior to other's. Maybe youd get a better understanding of that from expanding your current perspective. Since you think you're 'enlightened'.

First of all, I've never said I am enlightened. Second, I do not compare myself with anyone, let alone people I don't even know. Namaste.
Old 29-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Suspended
Quote:
First of all, I've never said I am enlightened. Second, I do not compare myself with anyone, let alone people I don't even know. Namaste.
You say that you don't compare yourself to other's, yet earlier you were comparing yourself to the monks/gurus with what you projected onto them, when you said they were 'know it alls', when you do not know them. Acting as if you knew them 'better'.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Wanderer, but I believe that if you do not charge for spiritual services, you are doing a disservice to yourself and others.

First, you would have to do something else to pay the bills, and that means less time and energy to devote to your calling, what would make me extremely frustrated.

Second, money is only energy and someone paying for spiritual services is basically an exchange of energy. It is a balance of giving and receiving.

They are paying you for something that changes their lives for the better, I bet that is much more important than paying for many items that are completely irrelevant and so many people are happy to pay for.

Third, for most people, when you offer free spiritual service, they do not take it seriously or are committed to it. Many people accept an ebook, a course or a programme just because it is free but they leave it in the middle or do not even start it.

By charging money, they are serious about doing their inner work and they are making a commitment to themselves to go all the way. It is also a question for respecting yourself as a lightworker, because you can only help people that are serious and ready about getting help.

Last but not least, you need to do what makes you feel right. If for you it feels bad charging money for spiritual service, just don't.

To me it feels not just right, but it feels AWESOME to receive money to do my life calling. And the more money the better.

Sorry I've been away for a bit and didn't get to reply earlier.

I don't feel I'm doing a disservice to myself by not charging for "spiritual services". My "calling" is similar to many out there, and my job provides me with plenty of opportunities to assist people with tangible results through situations that they don't have the luxury of money, peace, or health to take time to address their spiritual growth. There are many "light workers" out there in public service jobs (First Responders, Nurses, Doctors, Teachers) as well as every other job type, who make their world a significantly better place and often would never think that they are providing a spiritual service.

My job involves me sorting through the chaos that is our world: often in life and death situations. In the rare moments I get to connect with and provide guidance to someone who is fortunate enough to be able to work on their spiritual journey, I am thrilled for them and that is payment in and of itself. As far as gauging if someone is sincere in their desire to grow, it really doesn't matter to me if they are or aren't at this point in their life. One of my roles in my career is a trainer, and if I am teaching someone who doesn't want to learn, it's no skin off my back. Same for spiritual teachings.

It would certainly tickle my ego convincing myself that the advice I provide changes someone for the better, which alone is worth charging money for. I'm not trying to be disrespectful with the previous statement, but I highly believe that everybody is capable of providing themselves with all the spiritual knowledge and guidance that they need (as opposed to want). Many people are lazy, not willing, or just not in a position to go down that path, and therefore they seek exterior guidance. So if they are fortunate enough to have money and time to pay for those services: all the power to them. And with that, I'm okay with people charging others for money for those things. But let's not raise ourselves on a pedestal either.

I know you likely will not agree with me, and that's okay. My perspective is shaped by my experiences in life, which may be different from yours and everyone else's who may be reading this.