Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Experiencer
Silver Birch on What settles the time of our entry into the next world?

Q. What settles the time of our entry into the next world? If nothing can keep us here longer than our appointed time, is this the reason why spirit healing cannot effect a cure sometimes ?

A.Yes, it is one of the reasons. The question of spirit incarnation into matter, and what should be its natural withdrawal from matter, are governed by natural laws. You can, particularly with death, cause a premature passing, but that would not be in harmony with the natural law.
The soul itself knows when it is to be incarnated and when it is to leave your world, even though you may not be consciously aware of these facts. If it is time for the spirit to quit the body, which is inevitable as part of the law of life, then no healing - I speak generally now - can compel it to stay.
Old 24-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Master
Thankyou for that.
Spiritlite.
Old 26-10-2010, 04:11 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
Q. What settles the time of our entry into the next world? If nothing can keep us here longer than our appointed time, is this the reason why spirit healing cannot effect a cure sometimes ?

A.Yes, it is one of the reasons. The question of spirit incarnation into matter, and what should be its natural withdrawal from matter, are governed by natural laws. You can, particularly with death, cause a premature passing, but that would not be in harmony with the natural law.
The soul itself knows when it is to be incarnated and when it is to leave your world, even though you may not be consciously aware of these facts. If it is time for the spirit to quit the body, which is inevitable as part of the law of life, then no healing - I speak generally now - can compel it to stay.

Although SB is dealing with the efficacy of healing here, his mention of "causing a premature passing which is not in harmony with the natural law" knocks in the head the issue of coincidences never occurring, all matters preordained, including suicide. (mentioned elsewhere)
Old 26-10-2010, 05:01 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia

Another reason why spiritual healing sometimes does not bring restoration to health and well-being is that sometimes the soul has chosen a given condition or disease in order to learn what it deems a necessary lesson. Sometimes an ailment results in it receiving love and attention.. other times it helps the person to give those things. It's not up to any of us to judge. We simply respect the free will choice of the given soul with whom we are working and bless and release them to their chosen destiny.
Old 26-10-2010, 05:36 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Another reason why spiritual healing sometimes does not bring restoration to health and well-being is that sometimes the soul has chosen a given condition or disease in order to learn what it deems a necessary lesson. Sometimes an ailment results in it receiving love and attention.. other times it helps the person to give those things. It's not up to any of us to judge. We simply respect the free will choice of the given soul with whom we are working and bless and release them to their chosen destiny.

It's also important to remember that spiritual healing will simply not cure all ills - a choice to suffer something may have been made for whatever reason, but that doesn't mean it's always the case....
Old 27-10-2010, 03:26 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
It's also important to remember that spiritual healing will simply not cure all ills - a choice to suffer something may have been made for whatever reason, but that doesn't mean it's always the case....

By its very nature spiritual healing should ALWAYS work, all things being equal. [I'm speaking of how things originate in spirit and gradually solidify into material form] But we know it does not, so clearly all things are NOT "equal" I have to believe that when it does not work, there is always a reason relating to intent of the soul or souls involved. I don't think it's always a choice to suffer, however. It could be for the qualities the soul will learn by having the condition.. it could just as easily be for what it engenders in (and teaches) others close in to the person with the condition. In truth, there could be any NUMBER of reasons! We simply are not privileged to know.
Old 27-10-2010, 10:04 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
By its very nature spiritual healing should ALWAYS work, all things being equal. [I'm speaking of how things originate in spirit and gradually solidify into material form] But we know it does not, so clearly all things are NOT "equal" I have to believe that when it does not work, there is always a reason relating to intent of the soul or souls involved. I don't think it's always a choice to suffer, however. It could be for the qualities the soul will learn by having the condition.. it could just as easily be for what it engenders in (and teaches) others close in to the person with the condition. In truth, there could be any NUMBER of reasons! We simply are not privileged to know.

As I said earlier, it won't always work....

The reasons matter little but what's important is that we don't see healing as magic, as something able to transcend all physical conditions.

Some seem to believe it is and can....
Old 27-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Summerkat

It could also just be the odds ;)
Old 28-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Skye

My personal thoughts are, spiritual healing does always work. There's not one person who does not benefit from the healing process.

Where I think mis- understandings come from is; when a person has a disease or a sickness that affects there quality of life, the healing they do receive whether it's hands on or through absent healing appears not to show any physical improvement, so people may often say spiritual healing has failed to work.

What they may not realise is the healing has worked, just not in the way they had wanted it to. Spiritual healing has an affect on the whole person not just their physical problems. The healing a person may actually be in need of is to possible help them come to terms in accepting their condition so they won't overly suffer. Our thoughts do have an impact on how we interpret pain so what better place for the healing to begin.
Old 29-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi, new here, first official post not in the Welcome area, :)

I'm not used to hearing the term spiriual healing - are you all talking about healing a physical sickness that I might call faith healing or hands on healing?

I was healed July 2009 of a severe hip issue that I had received alot of work on with little improvement for 3 years. I was dragged to a church and went to an "altar call" - had never heard that word before.
I was dragged the next night, too - I remember crossing my legs and telling my friend, " I couldn't do that last night."
On the 4th morning I walked to the bathroom and stopped midway -when I saw I simply walked like a normal person.

I know alot about "physical" healing...but don't want to horn in if that's different.

I'll take awhile to learn all your names! This is a very active forum. :)

Nice thread,
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru