Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 PM
rubyred79

Reiki 3 Attunement yesterday...

hi, I recieve my distance reiki 3 yesterday & felt the effect during and thinking i'm going through detox. Its not as bad as my reiki 1 thought.
I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on distance attunement?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyred79
hi, I recieve my distance reiki 3 yesterday & felt the effect during and thinking i'm going through detox. Its not as bad as my reiki 1 thought.
I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on distance attunement?

90% of my healing is done through distance reiki attunements and reiki healing. I was even attuned distantly. I've seen some amazing results. I don't feel that there's much difference between the two. With the exception that sometimes it takes distance healing a little longer to get to the receiver.

Even with hands on healing or attunements if the person receiving the help. Isn't really open to it. You may not get the results that you're looking for.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
clarissa13

I don't really understand how the attunements work distantly. I have only done reiki one and two so far but did them both over a two day course with a big handbook and a huge amount of information from my reiki master.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 AM
res

I believe they work by bridging the source and the receiver using a medium that the energy can travel along. Your intent is like a lighning bolt, you focus it toward the object and the gap is bridged. What you intend for the recipient once the connection is established can then travel along the medium (lightning) and take effect the same as if they were in front of you.

Thats how it is for me anyway.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM
shifty123

When you attune someone distantly. You're tuning into that persons energy or spiritual vibration. Much like you would a radio stations frequency. Which is a vibration in itself.

Once you get attuned distantly or hands on. You can attune the other person periodically like once a week or so. When you do that you're refining that vibrational connection. So when you want to send a healing. Sometimes like my gf or granddaughter i'll send a love reiki or friendship reiki. In other words good vibes.

Sometimes i'll do the same with attunements.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
rubyred79

Thankyou for all your replys. I do believe that distance attunement is as powerful if not more. For me I was much more relaxed in my own home. I have heard people who dont agreee with it. If you can send distance healing why cant you send distance attunement is what I say to them.
I am still in the detox process which is not so nice but I happy to feel this way as I know its good.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 PM
oceania

im thinking of taking up reki and i find this post very interesting but im not put off cos i do know about the effects of attunement

ty for sharing
Old 13-03-2012, 12:07 AM
shifty123

Quote:
Thankyou for all your replys. I do believe that distance attunement is as powerful if not more. For me I was much more relaxed in my own home. I have heard people who dont agreee with it. If you can send distance healing why cant you send distance attunement is what I say to them.
I am still in the detox process which is not so nice but I happy to feel this way as I know its good.

I have never been attuned hands on. Even my master who i took the course from. Does most of her attunements distance wise. Howeever when doing distance attunements and healings. The results may not be exacting what you thought it would be. Especially with reiki healings.

For example. You're trying to help someone with a nasty cold. Even most physicians agree that once you get a cold. It has to run it's course. So when you send a distance healing. Unless you send it what i call a shoot and scoot.

That's when you give your intentions. Send out the energy. Let it do whatever it will. Sometimes the energy could tell the receipitent to go get some cougg drops or cougg syrup. I've seen it happen.

Remember when sending distance healings. You're working from your brain to your spiritual energy. Which goes to the persons spiritual energy to their brain.

On the others hand. If you start studying chakra health. Which is another aspect of reiki. Start working with yours and other peoples chakras. You can send healing more directly. Such as beefing up someones immune system or yout own. Be careful though. When energizing your immune system. The first time with chakra manipulation. You may have to go to the bathroom quick. Cause when your body wants to get rid of germs. It gets rid if them.

You may want to experiment with your own chakras and surrounding arrad and related systems. It's interesting and fun.
Old 13-03-2012, 08:33 AM
res

Quote:

I chose to attend a compulsory 50 hours of hands on training and assessment to achieve mastership and an accreditation that says that i have been observed, assessed and personally found to be profficient in giving reiki treatments in accordance with the system that i studied under.

I am glad that you went in person rubyred79, the attunement means very little but the training and accreditation is paramount for people to have trust in you in the future and for you to have confidence in what you have been taught.

Gday stogey, I dont know anything about what is offered by masters doing training and attunements online. What are people given when they study at a distance to act as an accreditaion to show their clients that they have been assessed and proven to be proficient in giving treatments as a reiki practitioner in accordance with the system they have chosen?
Old 13-03-2012, 12:46 PM
rubyred79

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
I chose to attend a compulsory 50 hours of hands on training and assessment to achieve mastership and an accreditation that says that i have been observed, assessed and personally found to be profficient in giving reiki treatments in accordance with the system that i studied under.

I am glad that you went in person rubyred79, the attunement means very little but the training and accreditation is paramount for people to have trust in you in the future and for you to have confidence in what you have been taught.

Gday stogey, I dont know anything about what is offered by masters doing training and attunements online. What are people given when they study at a distance to act as an accreditaion to show their clients that they have been assessed and proven to be proficient in giving treatments as a reiki practitioner in accordance with the system they have chosen?

For my Reiki 1&2 I chose hands on teaching & attunement, I chose Distance attunement for my Reiki 3 Master. With distance attunement you recieve all the information about being & practicing reiki Master (booklets) and then its independant learning. I honestly was much more relaxed and comfortable doing the distance attunement but that is my personal experience & opinion. I do however think perhaps for Reiki 1 would benefit greatly from hands on teaching, as there are lots of questions & confidence building involved etc (again, this is just my experience). An alternative to this would be distance attunement & joining in a reiki share group (which i found very useful). With Reiki 2 & 3 you perhaps have enough experience and knowledge to have the confidence to carve out your own path/journey & experiences.
Thanks again for all your replys, i'm finding it very useful x