Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 25-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Cat New to crystal work - Thoughts on Red Calcite and (Possible) Symbolism?

hello everyone!

i've been collecting crystals for a couple years now, partially because of their beauty but also because i've known there's a whole world of spiritual information to be learned from crystals. though i've been curious, i only rarely dip my toes by doing a quick half-motivated meditation. most of the time, even with minimal effort i can feel myself attuning to the crystal (or if not, at the least manipulating my energy somehow?)

this time i had a labradorite with me, as i was told by the person i got it from that it would help with my resistance to change and that it was a stone of manifestation through mental and self work. i had intended to do a short meditation and spend some time journaling about the experience. during my meditation i got the feeling that i was using the wrong stone and that my red calcite would be a better fit.

in that moment i for whatever reason decided to name it Simba. I tucked the name away to research later as I wanted to know the meaning/origin of the name. after wrapping up my meditation and journal entry, i learned that Simba is Swahili for Lion.

I am curious what perspective anyone might have on the whole experience. i don't really have anyone to talk to about these kinds of things which is why i so rarely commit myself to practicing but also why i joined the forums!

much love and appreciation to those of you who read!
Old 26-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello questqueerly,

I know how it feels to have no one to talk about these kinds of things.
Eventually, it's possible to get used to solitary workings only and even more. I find those solitary workings give me more than any other kind.

I remember when Labradorite worked wonders for me, and when suddenly I started to have some problems with a whole group of crystals and Labradorite, too. For me, it goes in phases.

In my understanding, Red Calcite is related to desires, especially love and passion with a real person or a project. Maybe it gives you some comfort and joy you are not getting right now and more strength. As soon as you fix that problem inside yourself, I guess your calcite won't have such a huge role in your life.

You won't have to commit yourself to work with any crystal, they can come and leave, depends on a situation.

Best wishes!