Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 31-05-2012, 03:54 PM
coolchic101

Past Life With My Ex-Husband

I had a vision where I had a past life with my ex-husband. My ex was a "she" in a previous life as my nun/nanny and I was a fragile and sick little boy and always in bed. Either I was an orphan or felt like one or I lived in the same household as my parents but they weren't there for me emotionally, so they hired this woman to do it. I see that my nanny had a serious look on her face similar to this present life. Even though she was a nun, I don't think she cared much about her religion. Perhaps she was too independent and did not want to be married so it was more acceptable for her to be a nun than to be a spinster. In this life, my ex pretended he was involved with the church but it turns out he is an atheist. My nanny in that life was my caretaker but she resented me because I was nuisance to her. I appeared to be helpless and craving for love and attention because I did not get it from my parents. In this life, I was drawn to my ex because he appeared to provide me what my present life parents lacked. In this life, I was also suffering an illness where I was often in bed and my ex-husband became my caretaker. At first, he appeared to be fine with it but he resented me. He built up so much frustration that he would sometimes snap and blow up in my face. He also cheated on me because he couldn't get what he needed and instead of facing his marital problems, he found it outside the marriage and tried to fill that void. He has often told me he did not love or cared about me. Again, I felt helpless and frustrated. I finally cut the ties with my ex and got a divorce but there is still emotional baggage that I'm trying to let go and heal from. I do not want to be reincarnated again and live another life with my ex-husband and become frustrated and helpless again.

Does anybody have this experience? You had a past life with someone and similar traits and personalities carried over from past lifetimes and you are trying to resolve issues with them?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Guide
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your ex.

To answer your questions, I have had similar experiences, with my DH, and older sister, and a few fleeting people in my current life. I found it funny how lifetime after lifetime, the essence of the person stays the same. (Even the same problems as you had experienced).

With leftover/unresolved baggage, I found the book on Internal Family Systems to be really helpful in getting "unstuck." Also, the book on Boundaries: When To Say Yes, How to Say No, really helpful on learning how to stop letting in the bad, etc.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your ex.

To answer your questions, I have had similar experiences, with my DH, and older sister, and a few fleeting people in my current life. I found it funny how lifetime after lifetime, the essence of the person stays the same. (Even the same problems as you had experienced).

With leftover/unresolved baggage, I found the book on Internal Family Systems to be really helpful in getting "unstuck." Also, the book on Boundaries: When To Say Yes, How to Say No, really helpful on learning how to stop letting in the bad, etc.

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not alone here. I've also shared some lifetimes with my ex-boyfriend who is my first boyfriend in my present life.
Again in this lifetime and a prior lifetime it was "hard" for us to be together because there was always people in the way.

For example (my father, my ex-boyfriend and I shared at least 2 lifetimes and they are similar):

- My past life in Greece: my past life father (also my father in my current life) was abusive towards me. An african slave who came to Greece (this african slave is my current boyfriend in my present life who is now caucasion) to work for my father. We fell in love. My father did not like it. I got impregnated by my african lover. My past life father got angry and punched some statues and it fell on me which resulted in a miscarriage. Because my father was superior, he ordered the african slave to go away.

- My current life in the USA: again my dad did not like my then boyfriend. He called the cops and put a restraining order on him. We tried to be together but his family and my dad did not like it. We tried to be together again but it did not work. I feel that I had resolved issues with my ex-boyfriend in this lifetime so I don't know if it's necessary to share another future life with him.
But I definately have some unresolved issues with my ex-husband!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Guide
That's cool how you remember your father in your past life. I still struggle to remember mine, if we shared a life. I imagine it wasn't good though.

My sister did get a reading on her past life, why she feels abandoned by my mom, and the psychic said it was because of a past life in Spain during the inquisition, and mom abandoned her there while she escaped. Mom told my sis, well what do you expect? It was the Inquisition. She liked to threaten to abandon us as kids all the time, we never knew which time she fulfill her threat.

Quote:
I feel that I had resolved issues with my ex-boyfriend in this lifetime so I don't know if it's necessary to share another future life with him.
That's cool. That's how I feel about some FOO members. It feels like it's over, now it's time to heal. I feel sad that they continue their path of destruction, but satisfied about how much lighter and happier I feel.

With tips in emotional baggage, I found there are many types of baggage, and just go with what works for you. For example, for me; the PSTD, workbook really helpful with the trauma related baggage. Inner child work helped with that pull or Stockholm syndrome type baggage(as well as others). The IFS helped me with the 'anger' baggage, which was a mask for my hurt baggage. The boundaries book helped with my F.O.G baggage.

Anyway, I wish you the best with lightening your baggage!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
SharonRenee

I had a very clear dream in which I was a 12-year old jewish girl in Nazi Germany.
Although I could feel everything this girl felt, at the same time, it was as though I was observing the scene from above.
My parents had been taken away by soldiers some days before and I was left alone.
I was hiding from doorway to doorway at night, knowing that if I were found, I too would be taken away and killed just like my parents.
One day the soldiers did find me and I was put onto a truck with some others.
The experience was so real, that I could feel the roughness of the wood panels of the truck that I held onto to try to balance myself as the truck pulled away.
I knew that I was killed not long afterwards.
Just before I woke up, a voice (which I now know of as my Higher Self), said
into my mind, "Sharon, you are NOT dreaming, you are REMEMBERING".

The immediate understanding that I got from this was why now, all my life, I had felt an unexplained fear of any man in a uniform.

About a year after this occurred, while I was meditating, I suddenly found myself back on that truck but this time, I looked up into the face of the uniformed soldier that was placing me there.
It was the face of my now ex-husband.
Even in this lifetime, he has always had a career in law enforcement and was a mountie for a long time.
Although I had deep love for him through the marriage and he for me, there was issues with abuse and control.
When the marriage ended, I was aware that other than my children, he was the first person that I had learned to love unconditionally.
After knowing that he was the soldier in our past lives, I now can see that the purpose that was created by us experiencing this together was to teach me to forgive.
Forgiveness has been a central theme for me in this lifetime.
I can also see that for him there was the lesson of loving and losing someone, whose death he had once been responsible for.
The same heart that had been closed in one lifetime toward me, now experienced an opening in the next.
It also explained to me why I always sensed my husband carried deep shame within him.

I believe that when we have intention to pull back the layers of experience so that we may come to know and understand, the tools will be given to us.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRenee
After knowing that he was the soldier in our past lives, I now can see that the purpose that was created by us experiencing this together was to teach me to forgive.

This all makes sense and I understand the truth to it and believe it but its examples like these that make me realize "so much for free will" since apparently choices like these that we "thought" we made for ourselves from our own free will was actually pre-planned before we incarnated.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:14 AM
SharonRenee

Alamode, I hear what you're saying, but my sense of free will is not restricted to this limited personality self.
My Higher Self, which sees everything from a much higher perspective and is consciously aligned with my Oversoul IS me.
I AM all these aspects.
I see my personality self as the "experience-or", bringing back the lessons to my Higher Self, which I see as an "overseer"; recalibrating and setting up opportunities for the personality self to explore.
Therefore when I create my reality, ALL that is myself come to the play.