Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 10-11-2017, 05:16 AM
Deactivated Account

My Angel(s), My Guides, My Higher Self--Whom Do I Ask?

I've read so much about spirituality, I'm confused. I need career and personal guidance, largely because I've done a poor job making decisions about both, but I'm not sure who to ask for guidance: my guardian angel(s), my spirit guides, or my higher self.

All of them love me, so I don't care who. I just wish someone would. It seems my higher self would be the ideal spirit to ask for guidance, but when I ask questions, I don't know if the responding thought is from me or from spirit.

The thing is, I've been melancholy the past couple of days, which is unusual for me, but instead of turning to a loved one for answers, I'd rather get answers from spirit. But it's hard to "hear" them.

What do you suggest?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Master
It does not matter who you talk to whether it is your guardian angel, higher self or just angels. You can settle on one and talk to that directly and listen for the answer. It is hard to hear spirit sometimes but you can hear.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Master
Hello,

My understanding and My Experience has been that the highr self is your best resource. I still use and appreciate my guides and guardian angel(s), however the more constant link is with my higher self.

The Key to receiving and trusting in your intuitive messages from spirit is to get your intellect to step aside and allow those insights to flow to you easily. When it is hard to 'hear' answers from spirit, there is a conflict with your intellect. It has an issue with its comfort level as it relates to these things.

There are those spiritual teachers which suggest you get authoritative with your intellect and kind of demand it comply with your wishes. I do not like that approach at all. I find it best in the long run to appreciate and understand what the intellect is all about. How it serves us and when it needs allow and accept what it is innately uncomfortable with(spiritual guidance).

When you build a harmony with all that you are, the integration process for this or that is much easier.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
It does not matter who you talk to whether it is your guardian angel, higher self or just angels. You can settle on one and talk to that directly and listen for the answer. It is hard to hear spirit sometimes but you can hear.

I suppose I need to continue working to quiet my mind so I can "hear" my spirit(s). Thank you, Shoni.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

My understanding and My Experience has been that the highr self is your best resource. I still use and appreciate my guides and guardian angel(s), however the more constant link is with my higher self.

The Key to receiving and trusting in your intuitive messages from spirit is to get your intellect to step aside and allow those insights to flow to you easily. When it is hard to 'hear' answers from spirit, there is a conflict with your intellect. It has an issue with its comfort level as it relates to these things.

There are those spiritual teachers which suggest you get authoritative with your intellect and kind of demand it comply with your wishes. I do not like that approach at all. I find it best in the long run to appreciate and understand what the intellect is all about. How it serves us and when it needs allow and accept what it is innately uncomfortable with(spiritual guidance).

When you build a harmony with all that you are, the integration process for this or that is much easier.

John

I suppose that like any skill, for most people, the ability to "hear" spirit requires time and practice. When I'm trying to quiet my mind and thoughts enter, I politely ask them to step aside because I agree: Demanding they scram doesn't work well. Thank you for replying, John.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Suspended
Learning to hear your guides can take years, so it may not be the best thing to lean on them too much at this time.
In understanding your career & personal needs you may have a better chance of finding your way by soul searching for the answers.

As far as I know Spirit Guides are the ones to look towards for guidance; they are considered to be best prepared for the role of guiding one through life. Guardian Angels play a more passive role in our lives & are generally not open to communication with us. However to some these terms are interchangeable.
The higher self is something I personally don't acknowledge but again some consider it to be the same thing as a Spirit Guide.

To me Spirit Guides are separate beings from us.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Angel1

Reecie, what a great question!
And for what it's worth: Yes, who do you talk to?...they are all out there!! Haha...
and hey, don't forget your deceased favorite Aunt!
I'm not kidding.
They all can infuse you with clear understanding about a given troubling situation...I have exp'd it directly!
And wow, what a help. (I used the word 'infused' before I read Doreen Virtue say the exact same thing...that was neat..)

All responses above are great, btw.

I can only speak for me, ya know, and it works!
I Practice the Presence.
Each morning and throughout the day I expand my
mind or focus my attention on the All That Is (God, Holy Spirit, the One Consciousness...whatever one calls 'It'....
Universal Intelligence, Source...that is within everything.)

I have developed a relationship with the Invisible...yup, that's right, sounds weird to the worldly mind. I know.
Probably not you, lol. Good! :)

This is my point....ask whomever you'd like ...but, why?
It is like asking a sales clerk if she can lower the price...why bother...
just ask, "May I talk to the manager for a minute?"

I only direct my thoughts towards God, (by whatever name for you).
Now, if That Spirit wants to delegate...cool.
It is my Creator Father I have the relationship with...
I'm not going to ask my mom to ask dad if I can borrow the car tonight...
I go right to Dad, in other words.

Lemme tellya, so far so good. But, all is ok. Higher Self is fine.
We all do what we relate to the best.

And always thank whomever you have asked... ;)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2017, 05:06 AM
Master
That's a great question :)

My Go-TO is Higher Self, we use divination to have conversations that way the thinking mind doesn't speak over Spirit. I choose Higher Self 90% of the time because I feel like H.S. most intimately knows me and the Life Purpose for this life time. And also it is the most intimate relationship I have in the Spirit world.
Higher Self is my Eternal aspect, only part of my total awareness is stuffed into this body, the large part is in the ethers, still fully connected with Source/All That Is/The mass Collective Consciousness Construct ect.

When I access to Source/God/Creator I usually get answers like "I love you my child" or "Have Fun in the Garden" which is great if I needed that affirmation, usually though I need a really good friend who can give me the pros and cons, scold me if needed, give me pointers, listen and support me and tell me its all going to work out in the end and so on - So I ask Higher Self.
If things are really bad for me personally I might ask my Team to come in and energetically hold me, this is rare though as Higher Self can usually get me sorted back out again.

However if I'm doing Healing work, Counseling, Holding Space in someway with others I call in the whole team, Higher Selves of all parties, Angels, Guides and Benevolent Beings, Mother/Father/God/Source/Creator and Mother Earth/Gaia. If the person is of a Pagan Tradition I might call in the Tree Spirits, Fairy Kingdoms, Furry Kingdoms and Earth Elementals too.

If you question whether your mind is answering your questions or your Higher Self - you can ask for an answer in a dream instead and to be able to remember the dream - so something like "Please give me your answer in a dream and then make me had to get up and go to the bathroom immediately afterwards so I can remember the dream".
Old 17-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
Learning to hear your guides can take years, so it may not be the best thing to lean on them too much at this time.
In understanding your career & personal needs you may have a better chance of finding your way by soul searching for the answers.

As far as I know Spirit Guides are the ones to look towards for guidance; they are considered to be best prepared for the role of guiding one through life. Guardian Angels play a more passive role in our lives & are generally not open to communication with us. However to some these terms are interchangeable.
The higher self is something I personally don't acknowledge but again some consider it to be the same thing as a Spirit Guide.

To me Spirit Guides are separate beings from us.
Thanks, Astro.
Old 17-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Reecie, what a great question!
And for what it's worth: Yes, who do you talk to?...they are all out there!! Haha...
and hey, don't forget your deceased favorite Aunt!
I'm not kidding.
They all can infuse you with clear understanding about a given troubling situation...I have exp'd it directly!
And wow, what a help. (I used the word 'infused' before I read Doreen Virtue say the exact same thing...that was neat..)

All responses above are great, btw.

I can only speak for me, ya know, and it works!
I Practice the Presence.
Each morning and throughout the day I expand my
mind or focus my attention on the All That Is (God, Holy Spirit, the One Consciousness...whatever one calls 'It'....
Universal Intelligence, Source...that is within everything.)

I have developed a relationship with the Invisible...yup, that's right, sounds weird to the worldly mind. I know.
Probably not you, lol. Good! :)

This is my point....ask whomever you'd like ...but, why?
It is like asking a sales clerk if she can lower the price...why bother...
just ask, "May I talk to the manager for a minute?"

I only direct my thoughts towards God, (by whatever name for you).
Now, if That Spirit wants to delegate...cool.
It is my Creator Father I have the relationship with...
I'm not going to ask my mom to ask dad if I can borrow the car tonight...
I go right to Dad, in other words.

Lemme tellya, so far so good. But, all is ok. Higher Self is fine.
We all do what we relate to the best.

And always thank whomever you have asked... ;)
I completely agree we should develop a relationship with the invisible because what we don't see is real. What we think we see is not.

You make an excellent point about going straight to Source (i.e. God), and like you've said--and I've read it many times--Spirit is happy whenever we recognize them. Regardless of what we call them. Assigning names is more for us than them. And since we're all one, we really can't get it wrong.

Thanks so much for responding!