Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 26-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Guide
One thing that I find particularly interesting about Atheism is the image of the God that they disbelieve in. They think of "God" as the Archetypal "Sky Daddy", who is sitting on a throne made of clouds and has a big white beard just like Santa Claus. Now, if that is "God", then call me an Atheist. And if that's "God", then you probably are an Atheist as well. Next, I find that many Atheists will agree that Nature and the Universe is 1) Amazing 2) Mysterious 3) Higher Order 4) Etc. 5) Etc.

You see they are just too stubborn to redefine and revise their imagination of what "God" could and could not be. They are unwilling to question deeper. And so they reject some Fantastical Idea of God that nobody since the Dark Ages believes in, anyway.

ATHEIST!!! /watch?v=d0A4_bwCaX0
Old 27-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
You see they are just too stubborn to redefine and revise their imagination of what "God" could and could not be. They are unwilling to question deeper. And so they reject some Fantastical Idea of God that nobody since the Dark Ages believes in, anyway.

ATHEIST!!! /watch?v=d0A4_bwCaX0

Religious people can be like that as well.
Old 27-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Religious people can be like that as well.

That's true, yes they can.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
One thing that I find particularly interesting about Atheism is the image of the God that they disbelieve in. They think of "God" as the Archetypal "Sky Daddy", who is sitting on a throne made of clouds and has a big white beard just like Santa Claus. Now, if that is "God", then call me an Atheist. And if that's "God", then you probably are an Atheist as well.
I don't believe in the skydaddy deities, but any other kind of god definition is to be questioned as well.
Quote:
Next, I find that many Atheists will agree that Nature and the Universe is 1) Amazing 2) Mysterious 3) Higher Order 4) Etc. 5) Etc.
I think most atheists would agree with that, except for nr. 3.
Quote:
You see they are just too stubborn to redefine and revise their imagination of what "God" could and could not be. They are unwilling to question deeper. And so they reject some Fantastical Idea of God that nobody since the Dark Ages believes in, anyway.ATHEIST!!! /watch?v=d0A4_bwCaX0
But what is your idea or definition of ''God''..?
Old 27-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
But what is your idea or definition of ''God''..?

I haven't defined God. I do believe in God. But beyond the known Universe I cannot define God. Maybe God is one way, Maybe God is another way, I simply don't know. Maybe God is Brahma the Universal Man. Where each day of Brahma opens his eyes and the Universe is born, (big bang), and each night of Brahma closes his eyes and the Universe is destroyed, (big crunch). Maybe, maybe not. I do believe in God, I just simply don't know everything there is to know about God.