Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 25-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Knower
Question The green Man

Does anyone know about the green man? Or what it means to have him visit you in dreams also speaking a different language like in tongues?
Old 25-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Administrator
In all his appearances the Green Man symbolizes irrepressible life, renewal and rebirth, the eternal cycle of life, death and regeneration. The combination of human head with leaves and vegetation, moreover, can be said the be a symbol of the union of mankind with nature.

I bought a decorative plate when I was in England of The Green Man and I have it hanging over the entry that leads to the bedrooms from the livingroom. It brings in a feeling of protections and peace. It makes people entering my home stop and take note of him there, like there is a life to the decoration.

What is spoken is not a bad thing it is the wind in nature where when we learn to listen with our inner ears (those of intuition) we hear the messages.

Lynn
Old 25-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
In all his appearances the Green Man symbolizes irrepressible life, renewal and rebirth, the eternal cycle of life, death and regeneration. The combination of human head with leaves and vegetation, moreover, can be said the be a symbol of the union of mankind with nature.

I bought a decorative plate when I was in England of The Green Man and I have it hanging over the entry that leads to the bedrooms from the livingroom. It brings in a feeling of protections and peace. It makes people entering my home stop and take note of him there, like there is a life to the decoration.

What is spoken is not a bad thing it is the wind in nature where when we learn to listen with our inner ears (those of intuition) we hear the messages.

Lynn
Thank you Lynn very much had a dream of him he came to me 2 or 3 weeks ago but never knew what to look for my friend told me to look him up. It felt so real very vivid.
Old 26-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Master
The Green Man - you will often find him in old Saxon churches. These were often built by Saxon stonemasons and they sneakily carved his face in corners - a pagan god in a christian church.
He represents the uncontrolled force of Nature, the untameable spirit of the wild !
Old 26-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

My dad has always been really interested in the green man. He actually named our old house 'Green Man House'. He has no real reason to be so interested in him, he just is! which is interesting.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Knower
I have a flat sculpture of Green Man among my stones and plants by my patio. When visitors are looking at my flowers and plants they sometimes say "oh, there's a green face there!" I think he gets a kick out of it. lol

I think of him as the spirit and keeper of the forest and foliage.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Master
Celtic myth the green man is Silvanus.

The same angel took the form of Pan in Roman myth.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Master
It is said that The Green Man is the oldest of all pagan deities in Britain.
Old 18-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Deactivated Account

The Green Man is reference to the collective consciousness of a forest.
One need not be religious to be Spiritual. A Wizard commands power to influence probabilities, stands between worlds with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens, is in tune with the Infinite, knows truth and is at peace with self and the Universe.
Old 27-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Master
I workedwith the green man for a while he first appeared in a dream to me too. His message to me is .camouflaged. things hidden from view. look beyond. Also a message for me to get grounded.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”