Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Master
God is ...
No quiz!
Just replace I, Me, Mine
With Thee, Thou, Thine!

Devoid of ploy
Bubbles of joy!
Created by the creator
Divine-entwined meditator!
Old 31-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ha! Quite the statement, eh?

That basically sums up ACIM... A Course In Miracles...
Well, and Ramana and Nisargadatta.
I dunno...can anything else be said after that !? Hahahahahlo
l
The statement "God is ... nothing else" strikes me as being pretty much the same as sloganistically saying "Jesus is Lord" or "Allah hu Akbar" (i.e. "Allah is the Greatest").

Pretty much avoids/begs the question/issue of just what is referenced by the words 'God', 'Jesus', and 'Allah', leading everyone who uses such references to (falsely, IMO) think that what he or she thinks such words mean is what they actually reference - and that there really is nothing more that is really worth saying and thinking or talking about.
Old 31-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The statement "God is ... nothing else" strikes me as being pretty much the same as slognanistically saying "Jesus is Lord" or "Allah hu Akbar" (i.e. "Allah is the Greatest").
And then there's "Hare Krishna, Hare Rama" etc. of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyif2010aaY
Old 01-11-2018, 06:31 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
The statement "God is ... nothing else" strikes me as being pretty much the same as sloganistically saying "Jesus is Lord" or "Allah hu Akbar" (i.e. "Allah is the Greatest").

Pretty much avoids/begs the question/issue of just what is referenced by the words 'God', 'Jesus', and 'Allah', leading everyone who uses such references to (falsely, IMO) think that what he or she thinks such words mean is what they actually reference - and that there really is nothing more that is really worth saying and thinking or talking about.

The words have no value, the gold is in where one looks
Old 01-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanine
The words have no value, the gold is in where one looks

Undeniably!

Thought is a useful tool, at best to choose positioning

After that thought must rest, being limited

With an instrument limited, we cannot access the unlimited
Old 01-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Undeniably!
You just can't stop the poet in you!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Master
Quote:

Undeniably!

You and I have quite a different understanding pertaining to how useful 'tools' are, Unseeking Seeker - any kind of 'tool', including thoughts and words.

Here's an analog: how far would a person get if he/she didn't use a shovel (or something like it) to dig holes or ditches to, say, 'set' the foundation of a house or to channel rain water so as to fill a pond or lake?

I am a very practically oriented person, so the 'romanticism' of your non-approach approach as implicit in your screen name (and other utterances such as the one I am am responding to) strike me as being as airy-fairy as meaning-dissing (IMO) slogans such as "Don't worry, be happy," "Love is all your need," etc.

Not that such a non-approach approach to matters being spoken of doesn't register as The Cat's Meeow in the case of many ('romantically inclined'?) people.https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...glish/romantic

Am just sharing an 'alternate' approach to the matters at hand to the dialogic smorgasbord.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
You and I have quite a different understanding pertaining to how useful 'tools' are, Unseeking Seeker - any kind of 'tool', including thoughts and words.

Here's an analog: how far would a person get if he/she didn't use a shovel (or something like it) to dig holes or ditches to, say, 'set' the foundation of a house or to channel rain water so as to fill a pond or lake?

I am a very practically oriented person, so the 'romanticism' of your non-approach approach as implicit in your screen name (and other utterances such as the one I am am responding to) strike me as being as airy-fairy as meaning-dissing (IMO) slogans such as "Don't worry, be happy," "Love is all your need," etc.

Not that such a non-approach approach to matters being spoken of doesn't register as The Cat's Meeow in the case of many ('romantically inclined'?) people.https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...glish/romantic

Am just sharing an 'alternate' approach to the matters at hand to the dialogic smorgasbord.

Agreeing to disagree, respect your journey
Old 01-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:

Agreeing to disagree, respect your journey
I hope so. My 'journey' includes relating to others using meaningful (as meaningful as I can devise) words. I therefore experience anyone making statements which are dismissive of or which talk 'down' to others' use of 'words' as though they were (relatively) insignificant (instead of thoughtfully engaging with them in, albeit agreed to, disagreement) as being disrespectful in relation to the authors of those words, whether said author be me or someone else.

I am questioning/challenging the value of making simplistic (what I call sloganistic) statements in a discussion forum by the way - though, yes, of course, I agree that others' may prefer and have a right to prefer to use them as 'tools' (maps?) on their journey.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:01 AM
Master
"God is...nothing else is."

My point exactly, whether we call it god or something else, there is only One.