Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 26-10-2010, 07:23 PM
miichelle

Spirits speaking or my mind????

Hello everyone... as im still a newbie to all this.. how can i tell whether my spirit guides are contacting me n speaking to me or if its just my mind... sometimes my mind will think crazy things that im not even thinking. and for the most part its always something negative like a way of putting me down.. is it just my mind??
Old 26-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Skye

Hi miichelle,

it is difficult at first, yet with much practice you should be able to recognise your own thoughts from those of the spirit world. Sometimes it is ourselves, meaning it's our intuition, via higher self, always useful to learn.

Doing meditations will help you to quieten your thoughts or slow them down enough so that eventually you should be able to hear spirit.

My personal experience has been that a spirit guide has never expressed themselves in any way other than through love. This is also the case for many people so, if you are receiving megative thoughts it may well be your own mind, albeit unintentionally. Some people may well suggest it's evil entities or bad spirits at work, my opinion is the mind can conjure up whatever we want it to and in the process we may even believe it.

I would suggest you find out as much information as you can about mediumship, if that is what you are aiming to do. Forewarned is forearmed, as well as allowing for you to build on a firm foundation. Development classes may be the way forward for you, something worth considering. There is a mass of conflicting advice on the internet and some of it is totally unnecessary. As with anything go with what feels right for you and question everything before accepting it as a true fact.

Good luck on your spiritual journey.
Old 26-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Neville

It's an old chestnut I know, but how do you know that your imagination/mental chatter does not have in it some communication from a non corporeal source?

Imagination finds a road to the realm of the Gods. And there we can glimpse that which is to be after the soul's liberation from the world of substance.

Kahlil Gibran.

1883-1931
Old 26-10-2010, 10:56 PM
ThinkingAloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by miichelle
Hello everyone... as im still a newbie to all this.. how can i tell whether my spirit guides are contacting me n speaking to me or if its just my mind... sometimes my mind will think crazy things that im not even thinking. and for the most part its always something negative like a way of putting me down.. is it just my mind??

Hi Michelle.

Well, we can indeed have a lot of our own mental chatter in the form of thoughts we have all day.

It does take time to practice quietening down your mind so you can easily decipher between your own mind chatter and guides.

If it feels negative, it is most likely your own self. Think about the way you have thought in the past - it's probably a habit, a cycle of having negative thoughts.

Release the negativity. Love yourself and give love. Ask only for your loving guides to step forward including your protector guide.

Try out some meditation techniques from respected people.
Old 27-10-2010, 12:49 AM
MYFIGO

I think it's very important to replace negative chatter with positive thinking. .. I didn't realize I was a negative as I was... until I tried to do better! LOL

One thing I did was to find five things to be grateful for each day before I got out of bed.

Another thing is every time you find yourself being critical of someone or feeling angry about them, say a prayer for them and ask God to bless them with what they need.

As a result.. you'll feel better about yourself and not hear so much negative chatter.

I have noticed that my negative chatter is in my own voice. Other messages are often in a male voice and very simply put. And I agree.. the messages are never harmful or negative.
Old 27-10-2010, 01:02 AM
miichelle

THANK YOU ALL SOO MUCH!! this was very very helpful :)