Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-07-2019, 10:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
I believe that there is a common misconception of what Kundalini awakening is. What is commonly misbelieved to be an awakening is actually an "awakening" of becoming aware of subtle energies in the body. This has caused people to want to experience some sensation and some lights rising up to the head. Sadly, this only make one worse off than they began and they gain nothing in the end besides a fortified who and false humility amongst other things.

This is the true meaning of kundalini awakening. One meditates on the first chakra and enters into it and this is a realm and works on mastery of this plane and brings down the attainment down to the gross realm. Then onwards. One of these attainments is siddhis which is a sign of growing perfection. And then the yogi moves into the next chakra/realm. And this ascent from one realm to the other is experienced as the rise of kundalini physically.

These realms are the astral, mental and what have you. When the yogi enters into say the Anahata, he masters the corresponding realm and through the Anahata In his spiritual body, brings down through each chakra to rest in the physical body, and only then will he constantly feel unconditional love in his heart physically; the Ajna and brings down bliss, so on and so forth. This is not an easy thing.

I spent 5 years with a disincarnate instructor and only managed to scratch the surface of Manipura. And I only to an acceptable degree (like exam cut-off point) went through the lower two chakras. And I wasn't even working at the time and was madly crushing on Sri Guru Babaji.

But if such a path interests you, I advise reading the Shatchakra nirupana without commentary and texts on Sri vidya. This was the recommended data by the disincarnate instructor. For the shatchakra nirupana, the text must remain in that style rather than interpreted into simple English because the stuff will make sense when one enters into the inner planes.

I can only speak for myself, but the sensation of Kundalini and the Chakras in my body is as real as any other sensation, in fact more so.

For instance, when the serpent rises and wriggles its way upwards, the muscles around the area contract and move just as if there was a real physical thing moving around there. As the serpent's head reaches each chakra, I can feel them spinning wildly. The sensation of heat and light is also entirely real. For instance, when the Kundalini reaches the Sahasrara and I use it to communicate with heaven, the top back part of my head is hot to the touch, considerably hotter than the surrounding areas. The chakras are also at exactly the very spots that they're supposed to be according to all the ancient Yogic texts. This is real and not some figment of the imagination, but people who have not experienced it have a hard time believing any of it.

I don't believe you can truly accept Kundalini for what it is if you have no experience of it. Also, many Christian believe it is the Devil, which is rather amusing.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Hmm, yes I see your point. I guess it is a rebellion of sorts. Not my scene.

I automatically distrust any westerner that wears the clothing of another culture. Just doesn't seem authentic to me. An exception would be, if they actually live in that country or culture and are trying to blend in. I can certainly respect that.
So does my mother, who always says: "you live in Australia, dress like a bloody Australian" I feel tempted to wear a kangaroo lap-lap and go topless.

I CAN understand it though, there are many people who are superficial in this way and although I can accept that, it is not MY scene.

It is not that I wear my robes to be a rebel, that is only a desired outcome, because whether you "trust" me or not because I am not wearing Levis and a T-shirt is totally imMATERIAL to me.

Some people are just raised that way...some do not trust those who wear dark/reflective sunglasses or grow facial hair because they are "hiding something"...
The whole of my father's family is like this.

Others will not trust a man who does not give a firm handshake.
Others will not trust another who cannot look them directly in the eye whilst speaking - and having Autism, this was (and still is) a problem for me.

Others will not trust another who wears different attire to the "standard" of the country they are born in because that separates the "natives" from the "outsiders" and people usually don't trust the "outsiders"..the mlecchas.

If this is "your thing" then this is "your thing" and that's cool...just like my thing is "I cannot trust another who does not trust ME", so all is fair in love and war.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Master
By the way...try being a Western, Caucasian Female, who has been thrown out of a Hindu temple in Australia for wearing a Shalwar Kameez with a dupatta (neck skarf) and not an Indian Sari when the female dress code was "ankles and shoulders must be fully covered"...which they were.

Some people can be really anal about what other people wear..

However, my experiences have forged this identity.

Did a hippie chick dump you once, NoOne? Curious.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
By the way...try being a Western, Caucasian Female, who has been thrown out of a Hindu temple in Australia for wearing a Shalwar Kameez with a dupatta (neck skarf) and not an Indian Sari when the female dress code was "ankles and shoulders must be fully covered"...which they were.

Some people can be really anal about what other people wear..

However, my experiences have forged this identity.

Did a hippie chick dump you once, NoOne? Curious.

No, I don't think I ever met one, to be honest, at least not in my youth.

Growing up on the wrong side of the Iron curtain, there were no drugs (apart from glue, paint thinner and other assorted chemicals) and certainly no hippies. Also, there was no one in my peer group with even the slightest interest in spirituality or religion. Nowadays, we have hipsters, but no actual hippies, I believe.

Things have improved somewhat, but Hungary is still a highly sceptical and atheistic country. If you start talking about religion or spirituality, or even just alternative medicine, people look at you like you're insane or a time traveller from the 13th century.

Now that I think about it, I was dumped by a musician chick once, because of my lack of musical affinity or taste. Does that count? I have terrible musical hearing and even have difficulty understanding people when they talk to me in a noisy pub. I can only really hear one thing at a time and can't distinguish between complex noise or music patterns.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
No, I don't think I ever met one, to be honest, at least not in my youth.

Growing up on the wrong side of the Iron curtain, there were no drugs (apart from glue, paint thinner and other assorted chemicals) and certainly no hippies. Also, there was no one in my peer group with even the slightest interest in spirituality or religion. Nowadays, we have hipsters, but no actual hippies, I believe.

Things have improved somewhat, but Hungary is still a highly sceptical and atheistic country. If you start talking about religion or spirituality, or even just alternative medicine, people look at you like you're insane or a time traveller from the 13th century.

Now that I think about it, I was dumped by a musician chick once, because of my lack of musical affinity or taste. Does that count? I have terrible musical hearing and even have difficulty understanding people when they talk to me in a noisy pub. I can only really hear one thing at a time and can't distinguish between complex noise or music patterns.
I am just wondering what could have made you believe that westerners wearing foreign attire cannot be trusted. Whether an incident in your past (maybe from a past life) fostered this belief within you.

As far as I see it, whether I choose to wear jeans and a t-shirt or a long skirt with a camel print, a cheesecloth top and beads, really says nothing about who I am inside. Sure, I can wear Western attire to make OTHERS happy, so I don't offend their delicate vision or embarrass them and hurt their self righteous moral sensibilities in regards to "appropriate dress code" however, just because I consciously choose to be selfish, self-centered and arrogant, doesn't mean I cannot be trusted...it just means that I don't give a rat's hiney about what others think when they fully believe that I should..for some reason totally unknown to me.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I am just wondering what could have made you believe that westerners wearing foreign attire cannot be trusted. Whether an incident in your past (maybe from a past life) fostered this belief within you.

As far as I see it, whether I choose to wear jeans and a t-shirt or a long skirt with a camel print, a cheesecloth top and beads, really says nothing about who I am inside. Sure, I can wear Western attire to make OTHERS happy, so I don't offend their delicate vision or embarrass them and hurt their self righteous moral sensibilities in regards to "appropriate dress code" however, just because I consciously choose to be selfish, self-centered and arrogant, doesn't mean I cannot be trusted...it just means that I don't give a rat's hiney about what others think when they fully believe that I should..for some reason totally unknown to me.

Well, I certainly wouldn't hold you to the same standards, since you have Asian ancestry and a root in that culture. For some reason seeing white people in eastern garb creeps me out, but maybe I'm just peculiar in that way. Having experienced both cultures I really believe this famous Kipling quote is accurate:

Quote:
OH, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,

But again, it's just me, we all have our own individual preferences and idiosyncracies.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but the sensation of Kundalini and the Chakras in my body is as real as any other sensation, in fact more so.

For instance, when the serpent rises and wriggles its way upwards, the muscles around the area contract and move just as if there was a real physical thing moving around there. As the serpent's head reaches each chakra, I can feel them spinning wildly. The sensation of heat and light is also entirely real. For instance, when the Kundalini reaches the Sahasrara and I use it to communicate with heaven, the top back part of my head is hot to the touch, considerably hotter than the surrounding areas. The chakras are also at exactly the very spots that they're supposed to be according to all the ancient Yogic texts. This is real and not some figment of the imagination, but people who have not experienced it have a hard time believing any of it.

I don't believe you can truly accept Kundalini for what it is if you have no experience of it. Also, many Christian believe it is the Devil, which is rather amusing.

I see. I spent a couple years in the yoga and mystic circles, maybe that was not enough time to learn, and on this basis I would agree with you that my knowledge on Kundalini & Chakras is limited.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Well, I certainly wouldn't hold you to the same standards, since you have Asian ancestry and a root in that culture. For some reason seeing white people in eastern garb creeps me out, but maybe I'm just peculiar in that way. Having experienced both cultures I really believe this famous Kipling quote is accurate:

But again, it's just me, we all have our own individual preferences and idiosyncracies.
My Ancestors are Asian, but I don't have one gene of Asian DNA in my whole physical body...my current life is, for the most part, ALL "past life stuff" I am only "Western" in physical appearance, not in my soul, for I am a "walk-in".

I realise this is all off topic, but I can't think of anything "Kundalini related" right now, but I have always.. always questioned everything and doing so has driven me, quite literally insane.

For example, those who say "be yourself and do whatever you want"
So I say, "part of me being myself is to wear whatever I like"
Other person "oh no, I don't mean to be yourself in THAT way"
Me: "in what other way do you want/think I should be myself then?"
Other person: "just do whatever I do and then you will "be yourself".
Me: "wouldn't I just be you then and NOT myself?"
Other person 2: "don't listen to what she says, listen to what I say...you should care what everyone thinks about you..or else you are just selfish"
Me: "but what if everybody thinks contradictory things? How can I reconcile being myself then and not end up with multiple personality disorder?"
Other person 1: "don't listen to what she says, she doesn't know you like I do"
Me: "if you know me so well, why can't you tell me how to be myself? If anybody should know, you would, right?"
Other person 1: "No, you can be yourself, there's just a billion things you cannot do while being yourself, because then it becomes selfish".
Me: "what if 'selfish' is just me being myself?"
Other person 2: "Then you will have to become someone else, which is still you being yourself anyway"

At this point, Shivani lays on the floor, curled up in fetal position and starts sucking her thumb whilst howling in confusion.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
I see. I spent a couple years in the yoga and mystic circles, maybe that was not enough time to learn, and on this basis I would agree with you that my knowledge on Kundalini & Chakras is limited.

That is an interesting topic in and of itself, what is required for a full-on Kundalini awakening. Age is a factor. 33 seems to be the minimum age for an awakening to happen. That is of course a classic Kundalini number, relating to the number of vertebrae along the spine. Not coincidentally, Christ was crucified at that age. I think the whole crucifixion symbolism actually relates to Kundalini and the Chakras, but I haven't looked into it in any detail. I guess it will be up to a Christian to figure that one out
Old 01-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Legrand

Hello,

More specifics on my personal experience with Kundalini.

First, I wanted to say that I subscribed to this forum in the last month of May with no expectations. I got to make a few exchanges with one of the administrators of this forum whom allowed me to feel her energies. What a beautiful energy does she have. I’m taking this opportunity to underline the wonderful work those administrators are doing for this forum, for this planet…

Since I’m here, I can observe very subtle changes occurring in my relation to this world. As an example, my contact with the Goddess is more precise than before, which allows her to do an even more subtle work on me. Also reading the few posts that I have read puts me in direct contact with the beings that emanates from the words they write. I don’t care anymore about the written words, they are so limited, just what emanates from them, from whom they emanate from. It’s a great source of learning new ways to be in this world.

Like I said before, in a preceding post, my kundalini started awakening some 20 years ago, I was 33 then… I had the chance to be surrounded then by a few kundalini awakened people. We had great fun exchanging our energies in all possible ways, learning from each one experience, which accelerated greatly the process.

Before that kundalini experience, all was very simple to me. I was this nondual experience of this world. This world was simply the illusionary form of Maya. There was only Atman wanting to merge with Brahman. There was only It that has no Name. and that was it, as simple as that.

Kundalini awakening, has it affected all the levels of my being, got me to develop instead the perception of a Bodhisattva of this world. The work will be done only when all living things, and to me a rock is also a living thing, merge with the One existent, for we are all tied already as One.

It became a work of compassion.

In the past 20 years, and for 13 years afterwards, I did feel my chakras and paths as NoOne describes it so nicely on one of his preceding post on this thread. This “system” became a source of identification of my being.

But, like I said already in another post on this thread before, my relationship with this system of chakras changed when my father died 7 years ago. This system is still there but very far in the background of my identity.

My father was already enlightened when I was born, so he became my first master and very best friend in this life. We where so totally merged to each other, that when he died it gave me a chance to follow his “soul” merge in the Absolute. Following him in this way showed me that there is path between the nondual and this world. Before I was simply jumping from one state to the other. I saw then more precisely this path between all those states.

So since then my chakras are less and less a source of identity to me when in this world.

The vibration, the Word, the Voice, the Information coming from above, from the higher chakras is more felt directly from each cells of this body, each having their own chakra and receiving this mist from which as No Name. It does not pass by any specific channels anymore.

In the same way, the energy associated to any form of light, love, the Self that comes below, the lower chakras, do not follow any specific path anymore to feed the cells.

But this way of being also has been changing since I’m on this forum.

More and more there is no more central chakras to which to identify myself while in this world, even the cells of this body typing.

There is less and less an outside and an inside to me, even in my day to day work. There is also less and less difference between the sky and the earth.

All that is left, more and more, is a very subtle balance, equilibrium, between all the chakras in the world. Would it be the chakras of the center of a galaxy, a star, a planet, that of each living being, the cells, DNA, a rock, etc.

I feel as if I’m simply a gentle wind floating from one form of living to the other until I come to merge totally with the growing consciousness of this living world. This body becoming just a single cell in this Huge living being we may call the World.

Enjoy!