Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Master
Does anyone recall an alien interupting TV broadcast in England mid 70s?

..or maybe earlier, I was in the Granada TV area and this happened around evening news time , the broadcast was interrupted and a man came on the screen telling us he was an alien, cannot recall what was said though, it was dismissed as a prank by students, but how it was possible no-one seemed to know.

struggled finding anything on net last time I mentioned this, but will have another search.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 PM
earthstarr

I remember people talking about it at school, found the following, it may be what you had in mind :)

:/ can't post links yet :( check google: southern television broadcast interruption hoax
Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Master
Cheers, that looks to be it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souther...erruption_hoax

The IBA stated that to carry out the hoax would take "a considerable amount of technical know-how"[4] and a spokesman for Southern Television confirmed that "A hoaxer jammed our transmitter in the wilds of North Hampshire by taking another transmitter very close to it."[2]

Transcript
The Winter 1977 issue of Fortean Times (issue #24) [15] magazine featured a transcript of what they described as the 'short message' that was broadcast:

"This is the voice of Asteron. I am an authorised representative of the Intergalactic Mission, and I have a message for the planet Earth. We are beginning to enter the period of Aquarius and there are many corrections which have to be made by Earth people. All your weapons of evil must be destroyed. You have only a short time to learn to live together in peace. You must live in peace... or leave the galaxy."

The Fortean Times article went on to criticise reports of the incident appearing in newspapers:

"Inexplicably the News Of The World and D. Mail call the owner of the voice 'Gillon, of the Ashdown Galactic Command' and that he said: "Unless the weapons of Earth are laid down, destruction from outer space invasion will quickly follow." I hope their regular news reportage is more accurate than that, for the indication is that they've simply invented a more shocking message."

Speaking on British commercial radio on December 6, 1977,[16] Sir John Whitmore also questioned newspaper reporting of the incident, referring to a recording of the complete broadcast which appeared to exist at the time.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Master
Hereis the full message, tried to cut and paste , but couldn't, so hope link works, if not scroll to bottom of wiki article and try that

http://web.archive.org/web/201107232...ks_Vrillon.htm
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 PM
earthstarr

they hijacked 5 satellites!! That takes some going!
There are recordings of it too on youtube........ a hoax? who knows, a very interesting message though even all these years later, alien or not! :)
Old 07-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Master
I remember nipping into our living room for something for my sister who was cooking in the kitchen and the TV was on, and then the broadcast started , i watchedor rather listened mesmerised ( I thought a bald man had come on the screen, is there TV footage on youtube?) anyay when it was over I went into kitchen and told her I had just sen an alien on TV, 'Oh right' she said and carried on doing what she was doing taking no notice, I was the only one in family to see it.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for posting this :)
Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
earthstarr

It didn't transmit in the East Anglia region I just remember the talk on the playground about it........ taking into account that no one in my region would have actually seen it and that it made the talk of the playground it must have been quite a big deal at the time.
I did see years later the C4 hoax about the haunted house with Sarah Greene........... I didn't sleep for a week!! AND I was an adult by then...... gotta love the british humour :)
Old 07-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Master
Here is one from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3cH3JJh-GM
Old 08-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Suspended
Hiya Podshell & all

That was interesting viewing - thanks for sharing the link. I have no recollection of that incident, even though I would have been living within the Granada region at the time. Mind you, I was only 9 and my parents were Christians, so they probably thought it was a load of old nonsense. I'll have to ask them if they remember the event.

Podshell - do you recall whether the words were scrolled on the TV at the time...or were they added on youtube afterwards in order that the message can be read as well as heard?

What makes me think it's not from genuine aliens is that they only managed to infiltrate Granada TV - that seems a tad strange/miniscule when they claim to be from another dimension.

What I did like was the message itself. This comment at youtube sums it up for me...

"Whether these really be aliens speaking to us or not, the message is still a very valid one that we should listen to, rather than debate who the speaker really is."