Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Guide
A human soul goes to the most appropriate part of the astral plane dependent on the life they have led.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Wicked Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaring Thunder
Quick question: When we die, do we go through purgatory and then go to Heaven or do we return for yet another lifetime on Earth?

I personally would rather go through purgatory but go to Heaven afterwards than to go through no purgatory but come back here again.

Do you think reality is a pick-and-choose thingy?

But if it's just a matter of preferences, I'd rather be a gazillion different entities in as many lifetimes than be forced to live in a static eternity, no matter how heavenly.

Eternal life would be the ultimate eradicator of all meaning. Even the longest stretch of time would be insignificant compared to the rest of infinity, and moments would be washed away in an endless sea of time.
If you have a hard time wrapping your mind around that, just imagine how long it would take for your favourite food to be very much indigestible if you had to eat it again and again for weeks on end. Eternity would be a bit like that, only much, MUCH worse.

Personally, I consider the sorts of afterlife that posit a more of less Cockaigne-like, eternal existence to be naive wish fulfillment fantasies originally thought up by people who sought permanence in impermanence, and imagined that nothing would be better than to prolong a blissful, desirable state throughout eternity.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Bob Crachett?

I would like to come back as something in dancing.
I love dancing and still do.
My life would be complete if I had music around me.

Deepsea

Why not?

Jim
Old 14-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Knower
Depends on who you ask. I think one can go straight to Heaven/Otherside if they want too. While some for whatever reason may not. Reincarnation I think in most cases its up to the person as when they would come back.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:21 PM
gerrygirl

This is a tough question, I can only speak in terms of what ive seen rather than what Ive been taught (raised catholic). Ive seen spirit since childhood, both in church and outside of church. I knew at age 7 that the priest hadnt really grasped gods word in his explanation of the Gospels as the angel standing next to him told me, that God loves us, and so the priest preaching "if we dont blah blah we burn in hell" was a lie!!! In otherwords, brainwashing to keep the faithfull believing in the CHURCH rather than God! That was nearly 40 years ago, the church has adopted a more PC attiude these days, good PR of religion to do that, it keeps bums on seats!!!

Anyway, Ive seen the Grey zone, and other dimensions, and have helped souls cross over, so YES it is true its about belief mostly, IF we believe we are undeserving of Gods love then we dont go home, its that simple really! Ive been to the hall of records, spoken to Archangels (who I work with with in terms of my healing practice). I used to do readings but dont, as my better understanding of free will, mostly makes readings pointless. (saying that we all have key milestones and events in our life which were given ordained prior to birth, which we may or maynot acheive again depending on free will). But I do see past events in terms of healing if its appropriate, so I can say with all honesty, your thoughts are who you are!

If you believe and perceive life from a particular perspective this is what you will eventually manifest if enough energy is put into it.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:34 PM
gerrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Willow
Do you think reality is a pick-and-choose thingy?

But if it's just a matter of preferences, I'd rather be a gazillion different entities in as many lifetimes than be forced to live in a static eternity, no matter how heavenly.

Eternal life would be the ultimate eradicator of all meaning. Even the longest stretch of time would be insignificant compared to the rest of infinity, and moments would be washed away in an endless sea of time.
If you have a hard time wrapping your mind around that, just imagine how long it would take for your favourite food to be very much indigestible if you had to eat it again and again for weeks on end. Eternity would be a bit like that, only much, MUCH worse.

Personally, I consider the sorts of afterlife that posit a more of less Cockaigne-like, eternal existence to be naive wish fulfillment fantasies originally thought up by people who sought permanence in impermanence, and imagined that nothing would be better than to prolong a blissful, desirable state throughout eternity.

Is there a reason why you perceive remaing on the spiritual plane is "static"? Being a spirit guide has much soul development and purpose! Yes/No? And its own lessons, for example, imagine how frustrating it could be to be there an invisible and loving force walking beside someone, loving and supporting them, without recognition? Isnt that a gift of learning for soul? To love unconditionally being a pillar to strength? Your own personal life lessons and spiritual growth and learning being your gift to help another in spirit? I wouldnt call that static, I would call that an honour, I suppose the only differrence is, if Life and its trappings is something that IS deamed as important to an person, personally there is not very much in terms of the physical plane that I find "important" other than enough money to PAY the takers to be able to live here and feed myself, other than that its mostly being able to smell the air, and touch things the sensation of things, mostly I would rather be in spirit again LOL!!! Its a lot less complicated LOL
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna
A human soul goes to the most appropriate part of the astral plane dependent on the life they have led.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna
Amen to that.

Let the ones who at least tried to lead a good life go to good astral planes.
And let the ones who insisted on being miserable to people go to miserable astral planes.

Sounds fair to me. And let there be no special favor shown if someone was miserable, yet highly religious (see Westboro church)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:05 PM
LuvChild

What a great question, and one that no one religion can answer with certainty, can they? I have my beliefs, while others have their own. I guess all of our questions will be answered when that time comes. I will say that death isn't anything to be afraid of. I believe that we have just as much free will after death as we do in our lives. Our angels and guides will help us and welcome us home. I look forward to it.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrygirl
This is a tough question, I can only speak in terms of what ive seen rather than what Ive been taught (raised catholic). Ive seen spirit since childhood, both in church and outside of church. I knew at age 7 that the priest hadnt really grasped gods word in his explanation of the Gospels as the angel standing next to him told me, that God loves us, and so the priest preaching "if we dont blah blah we burn in hell" was a lie!!! In otherwords, brainwashing to keep the faithfull believing in the CHURCH rather than God! That was nearly 40 years ago, the church has adopted a more PC attiude these days, good PR of religion to do that, it keeps bums on seats!!!

Anyway, Ive seen the Grey zone, and other dimensions, and have helped souls cross over, so YES it is true its about belief mostly, IF we believe we are undeserving of Gods love then we dont go home, its that simple really! Ive been to the hall of records, spoken to Archangels (who I work with with in terms of my healing practice). I used to do readings but dont, as my better understanding of free will, mostly makes readings pointless. (saying that we all have key milestones and events in our life which were given ordained prior to birth, which we may or maynot acheive again depending on free will). But I do see past events in terms of healing if its appropriate, so I can say with all honesty, your thoughts are who you are!

If you believe and perceive life from a particular perspective this is what you will eventually manifest if enough energy is put into it.

Sounds like an excellent explanation, all around.

Jim