Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 28-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Pathfinder

I Nearly Drowned When I Was Seven

I was seven years old an in Germany and I was invited in to a swimming pool I remember in a water park and it was very deep and I couldn't swim, I was told to hang on to the persons back so I wouldn't sink.

I let go by accident and I went under. I felt no struggle for breath and no need to get back up to the surface, instead I saw my body from outside of it floating down beneath me, I could still think, infact my thoughts I think I remember were "What is that?"

The next thing I remember is that I was at the surface, my mothers friend saved me.
I remember the water beneath the surface clearly as if I would had I seen it with my living eyes.

This was different though, from a dream because I didn't feel asleep or my movements restricted as if I were inside a sleeping body.
Old 28-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Hi simontology,

Are you asking if it was a near death experience? or are u saying this happened so u suffered a nde,

Namaste
Old 28-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Pathfinder

Just wanted to tell someone really. Might bring people to not fear death so much which would be pretty cool.

There's also this site that I learned a lot about near death experiences from
near-death.com
Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
OutWest

Angel1 Similar NDE- but wanted to go "back"

My Aunt had a NDE and described the experience in almost the same way you have.

She was giving birth and lost too much blood. The doctors "lost" her for 3 minutes and 45 seconds before she "came back". This was in the 60's and she had not ever heard stories about people who saw lights or tunnels or hovered above their bodies and it was something that she struggled with.

She told the family that she passed out in the delivery room but when she woke up, she saw herself on the bed and realized that she was looking "down" at the room. She described the panic of the doctor and nurses and was trying to yell at them "where is my baby" but they couldn't hear her. She said that she was just watching them for a bit, and that there was a bright "cone" sucking her backwards- then saw my cousin (baby) at the other part of the room. As soon as she saw the baby, she felt an instant cold come over her body and sharp pain in her abdomen as well as a "roller coaster" feeling, she said that she was screaming in pain at that point but could see her own face making no movement on the bed. Then she woke up in the recovery room.

When she heard that she basically died and that they were about to pronounce her, she started crying and said "it was so warm and happy", closed her eyes and slept for several hours. We think that the returning part was pretty traumatic for her- keep reading.

The second time she woke, she didn't remember any of it. She committed suicide 30 years later, to the day- my cousin's bday- by cutting her wrists. She was a somewhat happy housewife, but on the day she killed herself, she got up from the living room (where my cousins, their kids and my grandmother were eating bday cake) and walked to the kitchen because she said she was "tired of the cold". After a few minutes, they started talking about what a weird statement that was and then heard something drop to the kitchen floor. She had grabbed a knife from the butcher block and stood at the sink while cutting her wrists. She cut deep and methodically.

They called 911 and she died in the ambulance. As everyone was freaking out and trying to stop her bleeding, she just kept telling them to stop and that she was just "leaving the cold". It was weird, but even more strange is that she didn't ever talk about her NDE for those 30 years and seemed to have a normal, happy life.

She just felt very good about whatever she saw or heard on the other side.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Master
Outwest--

So how does your family make sense of this? Do they think she bargained for 30 more years and then said, 'OK-I'm ready to go now?" How can you make sense of this when you don't seem to imply there was any unhappiness with her when she committed suicide? Seems very strange.

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S. Nevermind--I guess you all decided the return was so traumatic, huh?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 AM
OutWest

IsleWalker- I don't think that any of my family members have fully been able to make sense of it. I think we have just all tried to find a reason, and the "traumatizing" rationale seems the easiest to swallow. It has been about 5 years since her death and we still seek answers. Her NDE happened before I was born, so I don't know what she was like prior to the birth of my cousin. What I remember of her was a content woman who was a bit like a "robot". Not really Stepford Wife robot, but hollow. I moved away from them all about 15 years ago, so I'm not really sure how "happy" she really was, but it's the impression that everyone else had, with a few exceptions- my mother was worried about her lack of expression and felt as though she was forcing her smiles. I guess I probably should have written that her suicide was a shock to everyone because she didn't give the "typical" signs that she was unhappy and her timing was just bizarre. I think she may have had developed some form of depression and maybe her rememberance of that "warm" feeling that she claimed to have was her only reprieve.

Maybe my cousin's birthday triggered some kind of repressed emotions about the experience?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Master
OutWest--

That is really a mind-blower. Hard to comprehend. And certainly not what my impression of the "purpose" of NDEs--where you chose to return because you realize it's not yet time. Most people are relieved by the knowledge. Of course the coming back is always a shock.

Maybe you'll get some communication from her someday. This is the kind of thing that if I ask guides for repeatedly and try to be clear about what I want, I usually get some sort of dream that explains a little.

Good luck to your family, especially your cousin. Hard to comprehend how he must feel--especially on his birthday every year.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 10-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Aquatic_Dragon

I saw someone drown once, it was horrible to see, the body went all rag doll like in the water, the boy was fine afterwards though.

I felt like asking him if he remembered or experienced anything when he drowned but I thought better not because he was in a bad state afterwards.
Old 27-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Boldylocks

From reading testimonies of others who had NDE's, I hear alot of how many of these people become extreemly depressed after being revived. Your aunt probably clearly felt the difference between the sense of warmth , love and light she felt out of her body --with God around her, and what she perceived as this cruel cold dark World she had to return to. I think she was probably very depressed since that time up until her suicide. She never told anyone or shared her feelings with anyone- that is so sad, because I think she really NEEDED to, but some people are so private that they carry that burden by themselves.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Pathfinder

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. At least you can know that she is alright where she is right now. I've read that suicides go to heaven just like everyone else, god or the universe or source is friendly and loving and cares deeply for all of us.

I've been looking in to NDEs lately and normally the people who come back can go through times of depression, or seeing everything they experience alive from then on as an illusion.

I now count myself lucky that I didn't have the full drawn in to the light experience and felt the unconditional love, if I had experienced it I wouldn't have put up with the amount of traumas that I suffered growing up and would have just killed myself.
Fortunately the universe brought me to learn about NDEs once I was out of such a dark time.