Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 14-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Seeker

A humble request

Is there anyone who can help me connect with my recently departed daughter. If I could hear from her I would be able to grieve more effectively. Please forgive my selfish request and understand where I am coming from. if you can help, I will be forever indebted.
Love and Peace,
Maeve
Old 14-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Knower
Maeve, I am so sorry for your loss.

Some spirit can come through very soon after passing over, some take a while.

Some people who are grieving too heavily can make spirit keep a distance as the pain is still too raw.

Then there is the issue of the spirit connecting with the medium - not all can connect with each other.

There's no selfish behaviour that needs forgiving and us readers/mediums do this work out of love so they'll be no debt.

I wish you well and ask the angels to comfort you at this painfull time in your life.
Old 15-12-2014, 02:11 AM
Knower
Maeve, I too am so sorry to hear of your recent loss. I agree with everything Puggy said. The one thing that Im not she did or did not address is the thinking that if you could hear from her you would be able to grieve more effectively. I don't know how long it has been since your loss but I think that spirits do give us time to grieve for a while before letting us know that they are here. I lost my dad in April and I haven't tried to contact him but I thought the time might come that I possibly could. I however didn't think my dad would make his presence known even if I did try. Yesterday, I was saying my prayers and was asking for help and never mentioned my dad but I guess the intent in my heart was probably known and I felt my dads hand on my shoulder....that's all.....but it was such a comfort and quite a surprise I might say. I believe we all have certain abilities to connect with our loved ones and I just wonder if you have tried to hear from your daughter by yourself, without anyone's assistance? You may be surprised with what you can do. Please let me know how you are doing. My sweet dad always said a parent should never have to lose a child and I cant imagine your grief. Please accept my deepest condolences.
Old 15-12-2014, 02:35 AM
Knower
I have sometimes experienced after reading for someone that they find it harder to let go.

Once they find a medium who can connect with thier loved one, there has been occasions where the person who is grieving feels pressure to see the medium within a short space of time as they want spirit to know that they are still being missed.

PS: I'm a bloke :)
Old 15-12-2014, 02:36 AM
Knower
Puggy, I apologize for assuming you are a "she". I was very interested in what you said and I looked at your profile and realized you are a he. My apologies.
Old 15-12-2014, 03:48 AM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy
I have sometimes experienced after reading for someone that they find it harder to let go.

Once they find a medium who can connect with thier loved one, there has been occasions where the person who is grieving feels pressure to see the medium within a short space of time as they want spirit to know that they are still being missed.

I've had the same experience, where a client finds it harder to move through grief and mourning after a reading. It's a very individual thing and the reader/medium must tread carefully. It can be too easy to feed the grief and mourning rather than helping it heal.

I posted elsewhere here that I had a client who would've come every week, but I had to do some toughlove and limit the sessions to once a month for 3 months, then a session at 6 months, then another a year after that. (My background is in mental health, and I'm acutely aware of what's healthy and what isn't.)
Old 15-12-2014, 04:33 AM
Seeker

Thank you all for your very kind and thoughtful comments. The burden of grief is overwhelming at times but I am praying and journeying through it. It has been 5 months and I thought it would be easier to keep moving ahead, if I felt she was happy and adjusting. I appreciate and value your cautions about readings and getting stuck. It's comforting to be able to share these comments.
Peace and blessings,
Maeve