Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 08-11-2012, 08:57 AM
s0ultraveller

Question Sleep Paralysis help?

I have been recently attempting to go lucid dreaming using the WILD method and I am getting into the sleep paralysis mode. I don't panic at this time. I say myself that I am going to be lucid dreaming and staying calm during the sleep paralysis. I try to rollover to my right the imaginary body and see my imaginary hands coming off. During that time I hear lot of noises and anklets sounds. Is it normal? Do I keep my eyes open during that time? I start to roll back and suddenly panic at that state. How do I go beyond this stage? Please advice
Old 08-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Master
ST--

Just think about where you want to be. Do you have a destination in mind? Have you created a virtual target for yourself already (that is 6-10' away from physical body?). I got thrown off by the hypnagogic sounds because it seems your own mind goes out of it's way to pick sounds/visions that will surprise you (back into the "normal" order of sleep--body asleep, mind asleep).

What are "anklets sounds"?

Isle - Lora
Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Personally I find lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis to be separate things although I know that's not necessarily the case for others. Sp is usually a negative experience whereas lucid dreams are usually beautiful. I wouldn't like to leave my body in a state of fear.

As Lora said, think about what you're trying to achieve? Are you attempting to astral project (leave your body?) or lucid dream, which is a state of dreaming but being conscious of it.

I've never left my body via sp. I get scared by the vibration and paralysis and tend to force myself awake. I hear a lot of noises as well, including voices and bells.

If you're trying to lucid dream, gentler methods such as repeating to yourself 'I am dreaming' throughout the day could help re-create that during a dream state and allow you to become conscious.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 AM
s0ultraveller

Hi Lora,

Thanks. I have planned many things after getting lucid but haven't planned any destination. May be I should try this weekend. I had a amazing feeling during the sleep paralysis. Nearly when I was getting into the lucid state, I felt 2 hands was rubbing my palms together. It was real and no dream at all. Then followed the sounds of anklets (chimes sound).

I also had Dream induced lucid dreaming after that, like my body was kind of floating and then I freaked out and got back again :P
Old 09-11-2012, 03:07 AM
s0ultraveller

Hi Starbuck,

I read in many places that SP is the holy grail for lucid dreaming. I am really not interested in OBE or AP but sometimes I think what I am attempting could be OBE or AP really not sure. Very few times only I have been aware during dreams that too only when I am flying. I just wanna get control over that SP fear factor and go beyond that. Have to confront lot of fear factors I guess.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ultraveller
Hi Lora,

Thanks. I have planned many things after getting lucid but haven't planned any destination. May be I should try this weekend. I had a amazing feeling during the sleep paralysis. Nearly when I was getting into the lucid state, I felt 2 hands was rubbing my palms together. It was real and no dream at all. Then followed the sounds of anklets (chimes sound).

I also had Dream induced lucid dreaming after that, like my body was kind of floating and then I freaked out and got back again :P

Soultraveller--

I never specifically tried for WILDs but wanted conscious out of body experiences. You might read William Buhlman's Adventures Out of the Body both for what to expect and how to not be freaked out by the many things that may happen--vibrations like crazy, loud noises, hearing/seeing things.

He also tells you to prepare a "virtual place" where you will go once you successfully get out of your body. Because if you just hang there and stare at your body, the fear will most likely end your experience.

So, visualize in your head a room or place you want to go that is 6-10 feet away from where your body is. Visualize each detail in the room--the pictures, curtains, windows, furniture, decorations--so you can create it from any direction in your mind. [Do this earlier before you go to sleep or your eyes may hurt and you might be kept awake by this exercise.]

Then, following the signs that Buhlman tells you to expect, when you are out of body (he goes through how to get out---I just raised energy and didn't really have to do this part after initially only getting my right hand out) then you think about this virtual target place. Boom. You are there.

He also tells you, before you attempt to move, how to ask for and get--more energy for clarity of vision (it will be at various times dark, a greenish tinge, unclear), energy for movement. I also asked for energy in order to remember all that I experienced and bring in back consciously, but that's just me.

So, it's not the WILD you were targeting, but it might get you want you want. Xan has a link to the Buhlman book in .pdf form if you don't want to buy the book.

Good luck in your own adventures!

Lora
Old 15-11-2012, 04:56 AM
s0ultraveller

Thank you Lora. That tip is very helpful to me. I shall try this weekend and update
Old 15-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Master
SoulT--

Good luck to you.

Here is the link to the .pdf file of the Buhlman book. Hope it still works.

http://api.ning.com/files/nTSdV*CY*ywIHIm4D8CbwwHEN7RF9bXkD6C3pIfU-eo_/Adventures_Beyond_the_Body.pdf

Lora
Old 16-11-2012, 01:27 AM
s0ultraveller

Thanks Lora. Have you tried any dream supplements and had any results?
Old 16-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Master
SoulT--

I guess I don't know what "dream supplements" are. You mean aids to make you lucid dream, etc? I had read a few things to do throughout the day, like think each time you walk through a doorway, "I am not dreaming". Then, during the dream phase when you do dream you will supposedly more easily become lucid because you will realize you aren't dreaming. And I have done it a few times while attempting to OBE. I didn't like it because I became lucid while in a not-very-high frame of mind, I think. The scenery was very dark --and somehow foreboding. I thought--"I don't want to start my adventure from this frame of mind. Where is the place I would feel the most comfortable? My bedroom." And then..!zap! I was back in bed and the experience had ended. Doh!!!

I tried a few other lucid dreaming suggesting, but I am just really more interested in being totally lucid from the beginning and being aware of what is happening--and how to control getting to the state I want before I go on. I may have unreasonable expectations--but it's what I want.

And I know dragging our physical consciousness along may slow us down a lot (i.e. Things we have been convinced "can't" happen will more easily startle us out of them.), but it's really what interests me. I had one OBE and then wasn't able to duplicate it --at least in that same way. Because it became discouraging, I haven't been actively trying for some time, but the idea is always there. I do remember lots of dreams already, though. And I've begun to distinguish different kinds, or maybe dreams from different sources.

Still doesn't mean I understand them always!

Lora