Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Buzz

The Legend Of Oneness

Oneness. Held aloof by teachers and seekers alike. All one needs to do is drop the O word into the mix and all fall silent and reverent on it's uttering.
I am not diminishing it's validity as an ultimate way of being but I do question the constant use of it being paraded about at times by anyone as simply just another form of forum gamesmanship or by gurus trying to sell books.
In our own minds, we tend to saddle ourselves with all sorts of concepts and ideals that make it hard enough to break through. We can view ourselves as either Gods or Monsters with not much in between and take lifetimes just to shake off these values. Does the idea of oneness add to our burden or does it instill us with lifeforce to journey on?
How many of us here live in an illuminated world of non duality and oneness? How many of us are above the day to day problems of this life? How many of us are free of even our own minds ( without the use of medication or drugs )
If I sound cynical, please hear me out. I have simply seen Oneness used time and time again in line with the 'everything is illusion' and 'I don't exist' arguements that simply serve as another form of a verbal contest. I find the use of it redundant as it simply doesn't encompass where most of us are on the path and I simply question the motivation of the story tellers.
So again, I am not arguing about the validity of oneness, simply the effectiveness of holding it high when it is simply not the waking experience of the bulk of us. Is it just another concept for heaven? Is it any more pertinent than religious doctrine? Is it not more beneficial to stand where we are, rather then further desire any other state of existance? Please input if you feel so drawn to. I am not fixed one way or the other , simply just turning up rocks and seeing what lies beneath.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Oneness. Held aloof by teachers and seekers alike. All one needs to do is drop the O word into the mix and all fall silent and reverent on it's uttering.
I am not diminishing it's validity as an ultimate way of being but I do question the constant use of it being paraded about at times by anyone as simply just another form of forum gamesmanship or by gurus trying to sell books.
In our own minds, we tend to saddle ourselves with all sorts of concepts and ideals that make it hard enough to break through. We can view ourselves as either Gods or Monsters with not much in between and take lifetimes just to shake off these values. Does the idea of oneness add to our burden or does it instill us with lifeforce to journey on?
How many of us here live in an illuminated world of non duality and oneness? How many of us are above the day to day problems of this life? How many of us are free of even our own minds ( without the use of medication or drugs )
If I sound cynical, please hear me out. I have simply seen Oneness used time and time again in line with the 'everything is illusion' and 'I don't exist' arguements that simply serve as another form of a verbal contest. I find the use of it redundant as it simply doesn't encompass where most of us are on the path and I simply question the motivation of the story tellers.
So again, I am not arguing about the validity of oneness, simply the effectiveness of holding it high when it is simply not the waking experience of the bulk of us. Is it just another concept for heaven? Is it any more pertinent than religious doctrine? Is it not more beneficial to stand where we are, rather then further desire any other state of existance? Please input if you feel so drawn to. I am not fixed one way or the other , simply just turning up rocks and seeing what lies beneath.

It's just a philosophy like duality vs oneness. Neither are particularly true.

I guess it's more pertinant to be elaborate about these things, and say something that has meaning, such as, life on the whole is not seperated, but a conscious energy which transforms, so that it can be of the same essence, but be expressed in multitudes.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:29 AM
silent whisper

In others expression of their truth, until one can accept that it is just that..then why would you see it as a burden to others..When we realize that the all that we need is within, we do not have to carry the burden of what others believe, we accept their beliefs/understandings/experiences...

In answer to your question, how many of us living in oneness, we all do, just that some of us question it to remember and to experience it for themselves..:)

In your questioning of others..you lose the question you can ask yourself in light of this awareness opening up. Why do I question the motivation of others? Is this just another concept to find my own heaven on earth?
do you see?

Your rock when turned over in light of *you* and not others is a way to discover the magic that others have found...of course questioning is wonderful in any form...but sometimes we forget that we are the ones...in oneness that find our way home..some in this reality some not...perhaps you are *one* or not..the answer is in you.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's just a philosophy like duality vs oneness. Neither are particularly true.

I guess it's more pertinant to be elaborate about these things, and say something that has meaning, such as, life on the whole is not seperated, but a conscious energy which transforms, so that it can be of the same essence, but be expressed in multitudes.

That indeed takes it one step further, more to a level of physics and that's fine. I can see my finger as being separate or being part of the whole hand and then my hand being part of the whole arm etc.
But does reading the manual give us any better understanding or does it just make us good readers?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
In others expression of their truth, until one can accept that it is just that..then why would you see it as a burden to others..When we realize that the all that we need is within, we do not have to carry the burden of what others believe, we accept their beliefs/understandings/experiences...

In answer to your question, how many of us living in oneness, we all do, just that some of us question it to remember and to experience it for themselves..:)

In your questioning of others..you lose the question you can ask yourself in light of this awareness opening up. Why do I question the motivation of others? Is this just another concept to find my own heaven on earth?
do you see?

Your rock when turned over in light of *you* and not others is a way to discover the magic that others have found...of course questioning is wonderful in any form...but sometimes we forget that we are the ones...in oneness that find our way home..some in this reality some not...perhaps you are *one* or not..the answer is in you.

Thanks. I understand that we all shre different experiences and that is what I am seeking to find out here. It is very easy to get trapped in ones own reality.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Master
Oneness is just a pointer, its not what is pointed to, yes there are many who use the word but have never experienced what is beyond the word, so its just a word, don't get caught up in the word.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Oneness is just a pointer, its not what is pointed to, yes there are many who use the word but have never experienced what is beyond the word, so its just a word, don't get caught up in the word.

Pretty much that is what is real for me. I let go of being a seeker and all that went with that. Not out of rebellion, simply because it continued taking me away from where I am at any given time. It comes back to working with what is in front of you, to me anyway.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:34 AM
silent whisper

In your opening to the awareness of the oneness Buzz....the void must be opening deeper...:)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
In your opening to the awareness of the oneness Buzz....the void must be opening deeper...:)

Hehe...SW as illusion gets stripped away I tend to go hacking about with a machette to separate the wheat from the chaff. I haven't got the want to mess about trying to prop up what doesn't figure in my life so I flail about doing as best as I can to sort it out. Hence my purely selfish motives for these threads.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Henri77

Is this another version of, "can't we be satisfied with what is, rather than looking for something beyond ?"

Man is a creative-curious creature, and seeking what's beyond the next hill is his nature. It's really what separates us from other animals.

I quite agree many toss around words they don't truly understand.
And buzzwords-theories very often substitute for understanding,

We exercise to optimize our health, study to expand our knowledge, practice to acquire an artistic skill that brings us joy-fufillmrnt.

Then why not seek to taste this oneness thing, if it can enhance our experience of reality-life?
Only IF one chooses to and feels such a thing is truly attainable. Same as those other pursuits.

I use the word frequently. It expresses something we all understand, without further explanation, once having had a glimpse of it.
To KNOW we are more than individuals forever separated.

Last edited by Henri77 : 09-09-2012 at 03:38 AM.