Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 31-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Pathfinder
Damn You Castaneda

Kidding, kidding but it got your attention right?

A while back "The Art Of Dreaming" was popular in my little Lucid Dreaming circle.

Looking back on Carlos Castaneda... I'm not sure about the guy. Much research concluded his teacher he often talked of only existed according to taking his word for it. I'm not one to really take anyone's word for "gospel" so to speak though!

Onto point... after reading that book when I have dreams with an intent to go lucid sometimes it's changed the way I dream. Actually, very often it ends up happening. It's good and bad at the same time. Earlier I had partly gone lucid I think. Like I was on that cusp, so close I could taste it.... but I didn't realize I was dreaming. When I get close my recollection of dreams gets intensely better.

After reading this book I noticed I often have false awakenings. You wake up in the dream and think you're really awake. It typically happens 2 or 3 times before I actually wake up. On the positive maybe that will help me realize I'm dreaming at some point but it's hard when you think you're actually awake. I just wonder what it is about "The Art Of Dreaming" that made false awakening so much more common. Maybe the collective consciousness of all of us effecting my dream state? It was a rather popular book.

Have you read "The Art Of Dreaming" and noticed changes such as that? Or perhaps other books which brought upon particular positive things from reading them?
Old 14-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Knower
ah it is an interesting book to read for sure. I think saturating your soul with information about lucid dreaming helps you to "intend" to do things. I really enjoyed the book though it was really far out there. I begin to wonder if the things i dont remember in my dreams are just assemblage points i have yet to master, lol~!
Old 26-09-2012, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator
I remember this book, it was fascinating and I enjoyed it. I avidly read through all the Castaneda books finding something amazing in each one of them.....
....until...(and I can't recall which book this is in) Castaneda's teacher Don Juan Matus suggests capturing a lizard, stitching up its mouth, and turning it back out into the desert, presumably to die a slow death ....all for the sake of some magical "oracle".
That was the point at which all the teachings I am afraid, went right out the window as far as I was concerned. I learned more about real Spirituality from my good dog.