Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM
jondav

how do you REALLY know if your lucid dreaming

This is probably the most common question that crosses peoples mind in regard to the matter.Well from my own experience, the benchmark factor is ,this ,in the dream you are experiencing,are you thinking generally as you would ,in ordinary waking life. ie. wondering where you are, what country ,town , or place this is. To give an example,a recent dream I had ,I was wandering around some town or city,I wanted to find out where I was, so I approached another entity in the dream,and asked where I was,at the same time going through my mind was the thought, "I bet I dont get a straight answer", the important thing here is I was thinking the same as I do in waking life. Incidentaly ,although I was told where I was,I could,nt make out just what was said, how frustrating.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
deepsea

Lucid dreaming is truth wrapped up in a dream.
Deepsea
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Master
With dreams that look and feel exactly like normal waking life, it is very hard to tell. With lots of experience with dreaming and waking life, there is a subtle difference in the way they feel but it is subtle to be sure. That is why most people’s official lucid dream either starts with something that does not happen in normal life or they get an intuition that they are dreaming and ‘make’ extraordinary things happen.

Unfortunately this is all further complicated as the same problem occurs distinguishing dreaming from other states such as visions, NDE, or spontaneous OBE.

I can tell you that each has different properties and with experience can be sorted out most of the time.

An real life analog might help here. When you do air travel, how do you know which city you arrived in? Normally, you assume the pilot did his job and told you the truth. But what if stepping off the plane you don’t recognize the airport? How do you know? Even worse you have been to the intended city before but you don’t recognize anything? Perhaps they remodeled the terminal. Perhaps they diverted to another airport and you were not listening. Maybe you fell asleep in route and are dreaming even now. In these cases one usually looks for familiar landmarks or tries to get help. With enough verification like say arriving at the correct hotel or meeting your family, you are convinced that there was just an airport change. And then sometimes you look down and realize you are naked, oops a dream. Sorry, you can never be 100% sure.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:05 AM
deepsea

My lucid dreams are always composed of 'seeing' those who have passed on.
Like a reunion or bumping into someone on a busy street.
I am always greeted by those folks as well,a friendly smile of a 'near' hug.
Deepsea
Old 11-08-2012, 06:23 AM
glenos

I used to lucid dream J. I rarely get them now though. When I waft off in the sleep state or whilst 'awake' it's an entirely different place I'm in.

G
Old 11-08-2012, 08:20 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I used to lucid dream J. I rarely get them now though. When I waft off in the sleep state or whilst 'awake' it's an entirely different place I'm in.

G

One can go for months,G without lucid dreaming.
Never give up,just wait.
J.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Seeker

My lucid dreams are "memorable", i.e. as if I actually experienced them. When I awaken I can recall them in great detail. Usually they involve either past life experiences or (possible) events to come. Sometimes they involve a spirit guide or someone that has passed on and in this dream state are able to communicate with me, usually involving some unresolved issue. Sometimes I go for months in between lucid dreams which is fine by me :)
Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Deactivated Account

For me, its not the dream that tell you whether you lucid is how you think and perceive.

Following and/or thinking the dream is your only world you exist in, that is a normal dream. Following the lines and character, like in a play, is a dream.

It is your level of awareness. Though you can have dreams about being lucid (but infact its still only a dream and you are dreaming of being lucid).

You know straight away when you are lucid, its like being slipped in the face with awe.

Its not about dreaming about being awake, its about being awake whilst dreaming.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
glenos

On a number of occasions I have come out of the ol' overcoat and was 'there' whilst awake. Wammo, up and away. lol
Very disconcerting the first time.

G
Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix101
My lucid dreams are "memorable", i.e. as if I actually experienced them. When I awaken I can recall them in great detail. Usually they involve either past life experiences or (possible) events to come. Sometimes they involve a spirit guide or someone that has passed on and in this dream state are able to communicate with me, usually involving some unresolved issue. Sometimes I go for months in between lucid dreams which is fine by me :)

Exactly. That is what I call Lucid dreaming.
To actually experience an event which seems real and probably is in spirit.
I am a strong believer that we leave this world for a tempory period to visit elsewhere.
Not our physical bodies but our astral ones.
Deepsea