Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 18-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Master
Question Invitation to the Spirit World?

When we communicate our thoughts and beliefs to other do we feed sleep paralysis or are we inviting visitation from the spirit world?

I often have been able to ward off terrible lucid dreams (SP) in which something horrid is holding my mouth, choking me or holding my arms down by saying, “For the love of Jesus Christ, be gone from here.” I told someone just that yesterday, but that evening I woke to a deep demonic voice coming out of my wave machine that said, “The Bible can’t save you.” I strained to hear it because I didn’t believe my ears and again, “The Bible can’t save you.” Which is strange because I don't read the Bible, but there is one in the bed stand. After that something pounced on the top of me and pushed both my wrists down to the bed and I felt a heavy weight on top of my body. Then my body started to rise off the bed. My “Jesus” chanting didn’t work this time for what felt like over a minute. Finally I broke free and turned the light on. My heart was racing. I just sat thinking of how something fed off my thoughts.

Is it just typical sleep paralysis? If so, why was a voice coming out of my wave machine. I’m not crazy.

Blackraven
Old 18-07-2012, 01:25 AM
earthatic

Sounds like sleep paralysis.

It's funny you mention that something "fed off your thoughts" as these influences seem to behave in ways that reinforce certain types of thought-forms. You're probably being targeted because of how you think and how you react to these things.

IMO, it's really nothing to be worried about as long as you can keep your awareness grounded and away from these realms. Go exercise, watch a movie..ect. It can be hard to break away from interference, and the problem may escalate while you try.
Old 19-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
Sounds like sleep paralysis.

It's funny you mention that something "fed off your thoughts" as these influences seem to behave in ways that reinforce certain types of thought-forms. You're probably being targeted because of how you think and how you react to these things.

IMO, it's really nothing to be worried about as long as you can keep your awareness grounded and away from these realms. Go exercise, watch a movie..ect. It can be hard to break away from interference, and the problem may escalate while you try.

Thanks for your reply earthatic. You're not suggesting I go exercise or watch a movie in the middle of the night are you? LOL Then again, it would be more pleasant than what I experience in sleep paralysis. I lived in a very haunted house for 16 years so you can see why I ask about the spirit world. Sometimes the lines between haunting and sleep paralysis is blurred with me as a result. I guess you can say I'm still a little shell shocked.

Blackraven
Old 19-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Nebulous

Sounds like you got a pest in your house. And I really hate to say it but in my experience, simply invoking Jesus' name is never going to fix the problem. I've seen way way way too many things go terribly wrong while someone tried to invoke Jesus (former Christian here, seen it lots and lots of times first hand) and didn't take more action.

When I was a Christian I did it all the time. It never saved me. EVER.

Now? I use energy work and a whole host of other things. Things my old Christian faith (not ALL christians, just the ones I was a part of, mind you) would consider a serious sin because they thought Jesus was the only thing, period, and all spirits were secretly demons and witches should die and all this other rubbish.

I don't mean to offend you but perhaps you might try wrapping yourself actively with protection? Something stronger than simply invoking his Name. Perhaps there is a pastor or priest in your area who might help you cleanse your house. Take a cross, channel the light of God and mark your house with blessed oil or water. If it's your bed, hang something above it to ward off these tricksters. Use white sage if you're comfortable with it, or cool waters charged with divine energy, say a prayer as you claim your house as yours (or belonging to you and Jesus alone - no other spirits welcome - or whatever boundaries you'd like to put in place).

Wards are very valuable against this sort of pest. :)

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 19-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous
Sounds like you got a pest in your house. And I really hate to say it but in my experience, simply invoking Jesus' name is never going to fix the problem. I've seen way way way too many things go terribly wrong while someone tried to invoke Jesus (former Christian here, seen it lots and lots of times first hand) and didn't take more action.

When I was a Christian I did it all the time. It never saved me. EVER.

Now? I use energy work and a whole host of other things. Things my old Christian faith (not ALL christians, just the ones I was a part of, mind you) would consider a serious sin because they thought Jesus was the only thing, period, and all spirits were secretly demons and witches should die and all this other rubbish.

I don't mean to offend you but perhaps you might try wrapping yourself
actively with protection? Something stronger than simply invoking his Name. Perhaps there is a pastor or priest in your area who might help you cleanse your house. Take a cross, channel the light of God and mark your house with blessed oil or water. If it's your bed, hang something above it to ward off these tricksters. Use white sage if you're comfortable with it, or cool waters charged with divine energy, say a prayer as you claim your house as yours (or belonging to you and Jesus alone - no other spirits welcome - or whatever boundaries you'd like to put in place).

Wards are very valuable against this sort of pest. :)

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Nebulous - Thank you so much for acknowledging the possibility of spirit world contact. I do believe like you said, I need to concentrate more efforts in the house, specifically that room and myself for protection using some of the protection and cleansing techniques you spoke of. My sis thinks I need to get rid of the Tarot cards I keep in the bed stand that I haven't used for 3 years and bring the crucifix instead. It could change the atmosphere in the room. I am disturbed by this sort of awakening so much if it were to make a difference, I'm willing to experiment. Thanks again.

Blackraven
Old 19-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Nebulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Nebulous - Thank you so much for acknowledging the possibility of spirit world contact. I do believe like you said, I need to concentrate more efforts in the house, specifically that room and myself for protection using some of the protection and cleansing techniques you spoke of. My sis thinks I need to get rid of the Tarot cards I keep in the bed stand that I haven't used for 3 years and bring the crucifix instead. It could change the atmosphere in the room. I am disturbed by this sort of awakening so much if it were to make a difference, I'm willing to experiment. Thanks again.

Blackraven

Hmmm...Due to the nature of Tarot cards, it may be a good idea to cleanse them. Getting rid of them may not be necessary, but a good thorough cleansing may be in order. Lack of use for 3 years may have, over time or somewhere along the road, tainted them. I've had it happen to me as well...a pesky spirit decided to enter through the cards and stir up trouble. They were cleansed and have now returned to being a trustworthy tool for divination. I'd say of all the Tarot users I know, it's very uncommon that this happens - but it does happen enough to be aware of and know how to handle it when it arises. Sort of like knowing what to do if there's an unlikely, but vaguely possible natural disaster for your area - you know?

In general it may be suitable to store your tarot cards in a place that is set aside and reserved for them. Mine have a specific box they are stored in, tucked among other relics of mine which are full of cleansing and grounding and strong energies, all of which keep the deck nicely in check and energized. For you that place may be above a specific Bible, or near a crucifix which is significant to you, or something like that. After cleansing, storing the deck in this manner can go a very long way to keep it balanced and free from the stain of unwanted spirits.

If you feel tarot is important to you or you work well with it, I wouldn't leap immediately to throwing away a valuable asset. It'd be a bit like getting rid of a car because the oil has become dirty. Just take steps to maintain it and you should be fine.

In the end it's up to you and what you're most comfortable with.

Blessed be.
Old 19-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Sybilline

Hi Blackraven,

I believe it’s sleep paralysis, but caused by a spiritual contact. I never really took SP lightly, since I myself have experienced it for years, sometimes twice a night or more and sometimes even when I take naps in the afternoons, or sometimes just after waking up. I lived in a haunted house too, for about 8 years I think.

I think these spirits are harmless until our thoughts start to feed them---I think they feed on fear. We are creators and they can use that against us, if we start to create scary things in our head they can use that to manifest themselves, starting from weak energy and building their way up.

How often does this happen? Would it be possible to invite someone to observe you as you sleep or prop a camera next to you? It happens to me even when I’m with someone, but a lot less since I am less scared.

Try cleaning negative energies too, if that doesn’t get rid of the spirit at least it starves it for a little bit, kind of like making it “start all over again”.
Old 19-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous
Hmmm...Due to the nature of Tarot cards, it may be a good idea to cleanse them. Getting rid of them may not be necessary, but a good thorough cleansing may be in order. Lack of use for 3 years may have, over time or somewhere along the road, tainted them. I've had it happen to me as well...a pesky spirit decided to enter through the cards and stir up trouble. They were cleansed and have now returned to being a trustworthy tool for divination. I'd say of all the Tarot users I know, it's very uncommon that this happens - but it does happen enough to be aware of and know how to handle it when it arises. Sort of like knowing what to do if there's an unlikely, but vaguely possible natural disaster for your area - you know?

In general it may be suitable to store your tarot cards in a place that is set aside and reserved for them. Mine have a specific box they are stored in, tucked among other relics of mine which are full of cleansing and grounding and strong energies, all of which keep the deck nicely in check and energized. For you that place may be above a specific Bible, or near a crucifix which is significant to you, or something like that. After cleansing, storing the deck in this manner can go a very long way to keep it balanced and free from the stain of unwanted spirits.

If you feel tarot is important to you or you work well with it, I wouldn't leap immediately to throwing away a valuable asset. It'd be a bit like getting rid of a car because the oil has become dirty. Just take steps to maintain it and you should be fine.

In the end it's up to you and what you're most comfortable with.

Blessed be.

Thank you for all your input Nebulous. After your post I researched cleansing techniques for Tarot decks. I had removed some cards 3 years ago that are never used in the deck and they are loose in the bed stand drawer. The rest of the deck is in a box on the same shelf as my Bible. So that is interesting that the voice in my wave machine said, "The Bible can't help you."

Blackraven
Old 19-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline

I believe it’s sleep paralysis, but caused by a spiritual contact.

I think these spirits are harmless until our thoughts start to feed them---I think they feed on fear. We are creators and they can use that against us, if we start to create scary things in our head they can use that to manifest themselves, starting from weak energy and building their way up.

Sybilline - I have always thought that some sleep paralysis is causes by spirit contact. I do feel the spirit world feeds off our state of mind and for sensitive folks these night time contacts are more of a problem then for others. I have had countless sleepless nights. I wrote on another thread that I have resorted to sleeping with a night light on. I just feel more comfortable not being totally in the pitch dark given the volume of activity that comes my way. Thanks for your input Sybilline.

Blackraven