Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Thankyou for sharing.
Until we embrace fully that which our heart guides us too..the voice of the negative will always interfere....and for me it is all within.

I did not learn this until way late.... haha...... are those your footsteps I see in front of me. I agree.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
We always have a choice. Allow me to answer it this way. If I'm born in the West, I'll probably be Christian, born in the East, Buddhist or Zen, mid-east, Muslim or Judaism, and so on, certainly before anything else.

It's very difficult to change especially if one's going to be penalized. Teaching has always more societal to me. I think it's obvious. I take a lot of heat not being traditional and it use to bother me a lot. I felt I couldn't be honest about it. Pride was not intended to be what you think but maybe learning in relation to yourself and what you believe. I hid my belief a long time. Hope this explains better what I'm thinking.

I love your comment on choice, but some things seems more important.

I see where you are coming from now. Thank you for explaining. I am sorry to hear that you take a lot of heat because of what you believe. I guess society is not quite ready to embrace it differences.
Old 13-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Master
Well Lemex, I think a whole bunch of people have been doing what you suggest for a very long time but what they haven't been doing is defining their own inspiration as belonging solely to them and there's good reason for that.

The cutting edge area of channelling ideas and bringing them into concrete existence so the models are available for others to make the links between what is and what could be comes with an almost inherent humility that defies recognising personal ownership. The two are almost mutually exclusive by way of the recognition within self that the real inspiration is coming from somewhere else as well as the fact that the ego needs to be put in the background and the mind quieted to leave room for the channelling to occur.

Also the nature of the beast that makes realistic and concrete these advances needs to be of the ego and making that area recognise a spiritual source when they have no proof of such is contrary to how it all works.

I can see what your saying but it'll never ever ever happen as long as the material world and pragmaticism, ownership and inequality due to personal ownership is the mindset of the mass of humanity... in charge, as it were.
Old 13-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Humm

As the OP and others have touched on, there is nothing new in New Age spirituality - but what is new is a new way of thinking about spirituality.

Lemex and Mr. I. have it right - what is widely considered 'valid' religions and spiritual sources are those which have a tradition and pedigree. This is exactly what the New Age revolution has been about, as others have also touched on - the dismantling of the old system of religious and spiritual authority, and a transference to the individual of the guidance of their own path, the unfolding of their own soul.

It may include a religion, a guru, a tradition, or many, or none, and it is up to the individual to decide. That is what the conservatives have been contending and ridiculing - but it is too late, for humanity can never go back.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:22 PM
SpiritualGuidance

Pride is an inwardly directed emotion that carries two common meanings. With a negative connotation, pride refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments.
Old 28-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I see where you are coming from now. Thank you for explaining. I am sorry to hear that you take a lot of heat because of what you believe. I guess society is not quite ready to embrace it differences.
I don't understand why you feel sorry for him Shabby, as he has chosen to take it.
Old 29-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
I don't understand why you feel sorry for him Shabby, as he has chosen to take it.

I'd like to clarify any confusion if it applies because some may think I'm the center. I am not. Sometimes I feel sad as dose everyone else from time to time.

Though Carpark is correct the idea of him or her can be misinterpreted. It must be understood what each says applies to more then him, one individual. I am not the center you have made me. I like to share a thought and to see something.

I'd like clarify understanding going beyond the saying we all are on path. Each of us are on this single path each at difference places and we need to understand more about what this means. I mean it's essence. We see each other. Path applies more then to myself. We are training the mind.

Here's something about understanding and what it might mean. It isn't that someone else is seen they don't understand because there is a little bit of you in me. You see yourself unique yet don't see common consciousness. We are not as unique as we tell ourselves. Please don't separate yourself as a totally independent image. As I see myself I see you, Jesus talked about the sty.

To have an understanding of oneself is to have understanding of others. It is the connection. In other words we understand ourselves and others. We understand ourselves through others. I'd not give this up and the sorrow is only temporary.

It isn't necessary to understand because we do, that would be my message. Everything hidden is right before our noses. Everyone knows, I believe everyone finds and we all have the same knowledge.
Old 29-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Mountain-Goat

Cat

Quote:
I am not the center you have made me.
I have not made you anything. That is your interpretation lemex.
Quote:
We are not as unique as we tell ourselves.
I look forward to the day, the day when people become so enightened they stop thinking their perception\beliefs of reality is the same as others.
Lemex, if you percieve\believe you are not as unique as you tell yourself, go for it,
but why oh why do you think others are doing the same.
I look forward to the day when people stop projecting imges onto others.
Quote:
Please don't separate yourself as a totally independent image. As I see myself I see you
If i percieve myself as separate from you, i figure my conclusion will have no affect on your conclusions.
And if so, why the plea for others to not separate?
Quote:
To have an understanding of oneself is to have understanding of others.
Agreed, though it's a percieved understanding. In that each person judges for themselves what is real and what isn't.
And to do this there has to be a perception of separatness to be able to make the statement of 'oneself' and 'others'

But anyways...what has any of this got do do with your decision to take a lot of heat from others.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
I have not made you anything. That is your interpretation lemex.

Not to worry and please don't be so sensitive, I'm not talking about "you" the name Carpark. I already knew your response that's how perdictable this stuff can be. Everyone has an interpretation, and..... I don't know how to soften it for you. There are levels

I look forward to the day, the day when people become so enightened they stop thinking their perception\beliefs of reality is the same as others.
Lemex, if you percieve\believe you are not as unique as you tell yourself, go for it,
but why oh why do you think others are doing the same.
I look forward to the day when people stop projecting imges onto others.

As do I. and ... thank you for your permission. As to if others are doing the same thing, maybe a few voices raised with a yes or not. I'm willing to accept either.

If i percieve myself as separate from you, i figure my conclusion will have no affect on your conclusions.
And if so, why the plea for others to not separate?

Separation mean not listening. The statement made is sad and lacks complete misunderstanding and not worthy. I know you are a very intelligent person and can answer it. I would ask you to take time and reflect for a few days. Please understand, I can also see and understand what you mean.

Agreed, though it's a percieved understanding. In that each person judges for themselves what is real and what isn't.
And to do this there has to be a perception of separatness to be able to make the statement of 'oneself' and 'others'

Ah...finally an agreement. There actually is something else about perception you need to find out about. Think of the source.

But anyways...what has any of this got do do with your decision to take a lot of heat from others.

Please understand I don't care about the heat but I say it exists and others go through it. Take a look at a few of the posts.

You and I need to both put our ego's away. Please understand there is truth in what both people say. There is no such thing as one being totally right, as you say, it's relative. But I'm thinking you, the current generation, see you are more spiritual then the old one. Please never think I mean "you". No person can understand until that experience.

As far as the group, not you and I, can others share with us without any of our commentary where either both of are incorrect or correct.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
I already knew your response that's how perdictable this stuff can be
Are well, then there's no need to say anything more.
I'll leave you to any future conversations you may have between you and the AC that is upside your head.