Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-03-2012, 08:52 PM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
I'm not a big believer in reincarnation but after feeling so low tonight (alot of negative energy just kinda overwhelmed me suddenly) the idea came to my mind. If we do reincarnate after death, can we choose when we do so? I mean personally I'd like to have a bit of a vacation before I have to head back to Earth if that's the path the universe wants for me.

Ugh I know what you mean.

I too have wondered this, but know there's no real answer before I get there. Here's to hoping though-
Old 23-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Juanita

Reincarnation is a choice, but most opt for the return...they say that the horrors of their past life fades quickly and all that remains after the Life Review are the lessons they did not learn and the experiences they needed but didn't get or didn't do well when they got them........ Making plans for a new life seems so simple and easy when there is no negativity around you, so
sometimes it seems that they have bit off more than they can chew----all for soul growth.....
Old 23-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Neville

I don't think it should matter.. I don't even think choice exists as we would recognise it. Certainly time and space is no issue for free flowing energy.

It is then , not so peculiar to suppose that you can come back whenever . This includes in a life that you might consider to have been lived in what you call history.

It gets even more complex.. each tiny vapour molecule is a part of the rain that then becomes part of the oceans... If you see yourself now as an individual .. You will at length or quickly see yourself as a part of the whole.. what this means is that perhaps just a tiny proportion of you will come back as indeed just a tiny proportion of you exists now.

It's role playing.. In your mind you can be who you want.. The children know this in their imaginative role play games ..Cops n Robbers..Cowboys and Injuns...Doctors and Nurses et al...

This You now.. Is a bit of role play that you have adopted and cemented into your reality..Of all the things you could be..this is what you have decided you are. Who what and when you decide to recinarnate is as much a choice as you have made about who you are now. Who you have decided to become in this life and when..

If you think of creation as a great big casserole.. well you are a pea.. a carrot.. a lentil..Oh i don't know.. an ingredient of your choice.. You might feel out of the pot ..separate from it..such is the impression created by the apparent individuality.. But trust me..You are that ingredient .. but moreover you are an integral part of that casserole without which the casserole would be incomplete..

So there you are.. almost... i forgot to mention that progress is not associated with the souls evolution.. So if you have not already killed someone in this life and hopefully you have not.. You either have done in a past life or will have to in a future life.. Think V ger in the Star trek Movie.. The Soul as an aspect of creation is all about accumulating experience.. Creation has no idea of what it wants to find out and discover so it covers all the aces by seeking out the discovery of all experiences..

By the same token.. if you have not as yet been the most self sacrificing and saintliest of benevolent souls.. You will get that too..

You should know this to be true because in this one life alone .. You have cried tears of joy and despair, been kind and unkind, felt love and anger.. and all this from the same one person.. Why you are not even the same person you were ten years ago. Creation in flux. You in flux...Creation without rhyme or metre.. You without rhyme or metre. Direction of travel a man made illusion. as energy you can be anywhere and everywhere at once.. Its only matter that is bogged down with slower than light speed molecules.

Worth remembering when one is next being burned as a heretic or indeed the one burning a heretic...Possibilities are boundless..
Old 24-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Juanita

Cat

[quote=Neville]I don't think it should matter.. I don't even think choice exists as we would recognise it. Certainly time and space is no issue for free flowing energy.

It is then , not so peculiar to suppose that you can come back whenever . This includes in a life that you might consider to have been lived in what you call history.

It gets even more complex.. each tiny vapour molecule is a part of the rain that then becomes part of the oceans... If you see yourself now as an individual .. You will at length or quickly see yourself as a part of the whole.. what this means is that perhaps just a tiny proportion of you will come back as indeed just a tiny proportion of you exists now.

It's role playing.. In your mind you can be who you want.. The children know this in their imaginative role play games ..Cops n Robbers..Cowboys and Injuns...Doctors and Nurses et al...

This You now.. Is a bit of role play that you have adopted and cemented into your reality..Of all the things you could be..this is what you have decided you are. Who what and when you decide to recinarnate is as much a choice as you have made about who you are now. Who you have decided to become in this life and when..

If you think of creation as a great big casserole.. well you are a pea.. a carrot.. a lentil..Oh i don't know.. an ingredient of your choice.. You might feel out of the pot ..separate from it..such is the impression created by the apparent individuality.. But trust me..You are that ingredient .. but moreover you are an integral part of that casserole without which the casserole would be incomplete..

So there you are.. almost... i forgot to mention that progress is not associated with the souls evolution.. So if you have not already killed someone in this life and hopefully you have not.. You either have done in a past life or will have to in a future life.. Think V ger in the Star trek Movie.. The Soul as an aspect of creation is all about accumulating experience.. Creation has no idea of what it wants to find out and discover so it covers all the aces by seeking out the discovery of all experiences..

By the same token.. if you have not as yet been the most self sacrificing and saintliest of benevolent souls.. You will get that too..

You should know this to be true because in this one life alone .. You have cried tears of joy and despair, been kind and unkind, felt love and anger.. and all this from the same one person.. Why you are not even the same person you were ten years ago. Creation in flux. You in flux...Creation without rhyme or metre.. You without rhyme or metre. Direction of travel a man made illusion. as energy you can be anywhere and everywhere at once.. Its only matter that is bogged down with slower than light speed molecules.

Worth remembering when one is next being burned as a heretic or indeed the one burning a heretic...Possibilities are boundless..[/QUOTE

I agree with most of what you have said, except that you make it seem so complex, when it seems to be quite simple and I love simplicity........yes we do want and need all experience, but we are striving for that goal--that remembering of who we really are, that oneness, that absolute love........as intelligent energy/spirit, we do make choices, here 'and' there.......as there are many levels of awareness....and yes our reality here and now "is" an illusion, but a necessary one.....yes it is only matter that is bogged down, but that is what we are encased in for the time being.......but no, our spirit is not and can be off and running at any given time, especially when we are sleeping, and often during meditation or even daydreaming from time to time.......the possibilities are indeed boundless.......
Old 28-03-2012, 11:49 AM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
It seems to me that we live and reincarnate in soul groups. We get born more or less at the same period, give or take a few decades, and then those who die first wait on the other side in a growing group until the last dies. Then the cycle repeats. But time has little meaning on the other side; a year goes in a minute if you so choose, or you can spend a minute of time over the span of a spirit-world year. So yes, you can have your vacation.

Beautifully said!
Old 28-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Neville

Complex!...I apologise for that.

Quote:
I agree with most of what you have said, except that you make it seem so complex, when it seems to be quite simple and I love simplicity......

If perhaps we were to proceed from the commonly accepted view that time and space are concepts devised by those in the material plain of existence, we would have a good starting point.

Spirit, freely moving in its molecular structure(more of a vapour or gas ) . Is unbound of the restrictions of denser matter(Solids, Water Blood and Bone etc).
Old 29-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Complex!...I apologise for that.

If perhaps we were to proceed from the commonly accepted view that time and space are concepts devised by those in the material plain of existence, we would have a good starting point.

Spirit, freely moving in its molecular structure(more of a vapour or gas ) . Is unbound of the restrictions of denser matter(Solids, Water Blood and Bone etc).

Yes, I agree with most of what you said before and what you say above.....but I don't agree with the idea that we are vapour or gas --- we are eternal beings of light, love and energy.......I don't see energy as a vapour or a gas......spirit can manifest as ectoplasm, as orbs, or even manifest their former physical body... No there is no time on the Otherside and we are able to see and/or experience past, present and future in the Now and reincarnate with any life that we think can contribute to our growth..
Old 08-04-2012, 05:24 AM
Ascender

Based on the books that I've read, yes, you can pick when you reincarnate, and as someone else said we reincarnate in soul groups (same souls we reincarnate with over and over again). As to why you would want to reincarnate instead of just experiencing non-physical spirit life...well one of the big reasons that one would want to choose to be a physical incarnate is because there are so many pleasures unique to being in a physical body that just cannot be duplicated in the spirit world...such as taste and touch. For example for me personally, just thinking about the pleasure of touching my child's cheek and hugging her as she smiles at me literally brings tears of joy to my eyes and that just cannot be duplicated in the spirit world. Things such as that are worth living in the physical body for, even though though life is so hard with all the other negatives in it :)
Old 08-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Yes, I agree with most of what you said before and what you say above.....but I don't agree with the idea that we are vapour or gas --- we are eternal beings of light, love and energy.......I don't see energy as a vapour or a gas......spirit can manifest as ectoplasm, as orbs, or even manifest their former physical body... No there is no time on the Otherside and we are able to see and/or experience past, present and future in the Now and reincarnate with any life that we think can contribute to our growth..

We are indeed not vapor or gas, nor will we be such in the next life.

Everything I've heard about the next world states that we live in bodies that are exact duplicates of the ones we live in now, except that these bodies don't experience illness or injury or become old.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
Based on the books that I've read, yes, you can pick when you reincarnate, and as someone else said we reincarnate in soul groups (same souls we reincarnate with over and over again). As to why you would want to reincarnate instead of just experiencing non-physical spirit life...well one of the big reasons that one would want to choose to be a physical incarnate is because there are so many pleasures unique to being in a physical body that just cannot be duplicated in the spirit world...such as taste and touch. For example for me personally, just thinking about the pleasure of touching my child's cheek and hugging her as she smiles at me literally brings tears of joy to my eyes and that just cannot be duplicated in the spirit world. Things such as that are worth living in the physical body for, even though though life is so hard with all the other negatives in it :)

Why do you believe that there is no taste or touch in the next life?