Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Closed Thread

Old 25-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Specter

Question Giant silver Croc or Alligator

Im the only one in my family really into spirit guides and power animals ect, but the other day My mother came to me and told me she dreamnt of a Silver Crocodile or Alligator I dont know because she dreamnt it but I was wondering what does that mean and is that her guide?
Old 25-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Knower

Hi Specter

I too had a vision a few weeks ago of a lion with blue eyes and Kundalini gave me a really good link which explains the meaning of certain animals

Spiritual animals

I hope this helps

Michelle xx
Old 25-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Maranda

I don't know much about Power Animals but I do have an amazing empathy with Tigers. My family were in Berlin and we went to visit the Berlin Zoo. I wanted to see tigers and went looking for the sign and directions.

We entered a beautiful big hall circled with large glass fronted cages, and there in one of the large glass cages I saw the biggest animal I have ever seen close up. He stood up and he came up to my shoulder and spanned about six people standing in a line. My kids wouldn't even go up to the glass. I have never forgotten that sight.

So for me it has to be tiger. I'm not even that keen on animals. Only because I am taking a respite from all the pets my kids had while growing up which I was more often than not left to take care of. So I don't really dislike them, I just don't want to take care of any for the moment.

So any thoughts?Could my power animal be Tiger?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:32 PM
silverwolf

Hi Specter
Here is my understanding of Crocodile. Ref:The Animal Wise Tarot.
It heralds a time of balance within all environments within our life and it will come of our own efforts, strength and creativity. It is a time to trust our instincts of what will work.
Crocodiles are very protective of her young from predators. So the suggestion here is that your mum should watch over and protect the things she gave birth to. Not neccessarily you as in her daughter I feel it is more of an idea or a project she has started. She need to do this for a four month period. She may get assistance from others or assist others in some new births.
Your mums instincts will be very accute and strong about who or what she can trust. This is a time to trust what is right for us, our home, our children and our endeavors. We have the opportunity to tap into primal creative energies. New birth and initiation are near, as is the strenght neccerssary to succeed in them.

The colour silver is significant because it is so obviously different to the real colour of a Crocodile.

Re Power animal or not
Your mum need to do a meditation first stating the intent to connect with the Crocodile she saw in her dreams the other night. When she has made the connection as it:-
Why are you here?
What is the significance of the colour silver?
Are you my power animal.
You get the idea.

Good luck. Spirit works in wonderous ways
Old 03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
silverwolf

Smile Power animals

When I was much younger I was very affraid of wolves. They kept appearing in my life be it in fairy tales, films, books, all over the place. Later when I became spiritually aware I found I had a wolf as a guide. She is also a Power animal. I know this because of the many animals that appear to me wolf is one that is always there. She is by my side and has guided me in many sitations over the years.

Now power animals are not only those you are affraid of, like Maranda who has an affinity with Tigers, they can be animals that you particularly like. My suggestion again is to seek them out in spirit and ask them. To be sure ask the same question three times.

Hope this helps
Old 03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
kundalini

Hi Specter,

As well as all the excellent advice given by the other members regarding this matter, I would just like to say and this is also addressing one of silverwolf's points, that the colour silver is a very powerful angelic colour. This would seem to confirm that the silver crocodile/alligator your Mother met in her dreams is a spiritual guide for her at this time. As to whether it is her totem animal or power animal, I do not know. This would be something that as silverwolf has already touched upon, could be ascertained through meditation.

Maranda, the tiger, which you have a strong affinity with, could well indeed be an animal which is guiding you. However, as you seem to have had a long affinity with it, it is more than likely that it is your totem rather than your power animal.

There is a difference between totem animals and power animals. Totem animals are spirits which are always with you - a lifelong thing. Power animals on the other hand, come to your aid when you need help with specific situations and you require their strengths or benefits of working with that animal.

I hope that helps, Kundalini.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Muddler

I agree with all that's been said. But I think That your mom's guide will show itself to her again - maybe several times - & in different ways, to affirm the dream.

Michelle, the lion with blue eyes - was it a white lion? We are starting to understand that white lions may have a greater shamanic significance.

Elephants guided me to Ganesh. Being South African, I prefer, understand & respect African ellies so much better!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:58 AM
Specter

thanks alot guys and gals you give great advice and I liked all your points of views.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddler
I agree with all that's been said. But I think That your mom's guide will show itself to her again - maybe several times - & in different ways, to affirm the dream.

Michelle, the lion with blue eyes - was it a white lion? We are starting to understand that white lions may have a greater shamanic significance.

Elephants guided me to Ganesh. Being South African, I prefer, understand & respect African ellies so much better!

Hi Muddler

It was a White Lion yes and only a quick glimpse but I wasn't sure what it meant

Michelle xx
Old 05-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Muddler

Thanks Michelle. Please give me a little time & I'll dig out a very relevant book & PM you some more info. In the meantime, you may want to research white lions (Timbavati is a place where they suddenly appeared) in shamanic practice & history. The whole thing is quite current.
Closed Thread