Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 24-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Master

Naughty Vegetarian.

I am a naughty vegetarian.. (26 years)

I don't eat fruit ( was forced as a child)

I eat certain vegetables only

I love pizza ( but have a lactose intolerance so limited) and junk food

But I never make my friends uncomfortable when eating meat with them.. I check all my ingredients and interrogate waiting staff and chefs in restaurants before ordering
Old 24-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Time

So........ How do you manage to get your vit/mineral intake if you are a picky vegetarian?
Old 24-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Master

Somehow I have survived.. Marmite helps.. I have hair that grows very fast and nails that do too and are very strong ( am a girl!)
Old 25-12-2011, 03:23 AM
DebbyM

All of that may well be, and today you might look and feel relatively healthy, but the day will come when your poor diet catches up with you. If you want to be a poster child for failed vegetarian eating, then that kind of eating will do it which is really a very sad thing.
Old 27-12-2011, 10:05 PM
MissieM

Before I went vegan and at the beginning I was the same eating just a few different foods, almost no fruit and maybe one or two kinds of vegtables. Shortly after going vegan I realized that wasnt going to cut it and I tell you, even just a year ago I never woulda thought I'd be eating all that I am today, but I feel much better! If you don't like fruit try getting it by making fruit smoothies, I still don't like many fruits on the own but blended together they are great! I was seriously one of the pickiest eaters ever and never thought I would change but I just started trying new things and they surprised me by being good and making me feel better! Branch out and try things you wouldn't, you might find out its not so bad. You'll feel better too!

Peace and love,

Missie
Old 27-12-2011, 11:24 PM
iolite

What kind of fruits were you forced to eat as a child? Fruit comes in such an amazing variety of flavors and textures, I'll bet there are some that you'll like.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:02 AM
dewe'igan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
So........ How do you manage to get your vit/mineral intake if you are a picky vegetarian?

Theres plenty of vitamins in any sort of vegetable sometimes you get your daily worth for a couple of vitamin/minerals from vegetables alone. and there's soy protein which is good, Almonds and what not salads. But Cheese that comes from an animal tho, and thats what goes onto a pizza. I'm not a vegetarian tho, I'm an omnivore
Old 15-04-2012, 05:55 AM
sarinmall

everyone likes to eat fruits..i wonder why you were forced to do so.
Old 26-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Skins_Princess

I know when I tried vegetarianism once, the ovo-lacto kind, I was a bit like you but in order to try to get my vitamins and minerals, I just took a one-a-day vitamin. I still do because I'm naughty about how I eat my food anyway.
Old 23-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I am a naughty vegetarian.. (26 years)

I don't eat fruit ( was forced as a child)

I eat certain vegetables only

I love pizza ( but have a lactose intolerance so limited) and junk food

But I never make my friends uncomfortable when eating meat with them.. I check all my ingredients and interrogate waiting staff and chefs in restaurants before ordering

What no fruit?? I love fruit. Being veggie has actually made me LESS picky, though I confess a few sins myself. Mainly....JUNK FOOD!

I won't touch anything with meat in, takeaway or not, but I realised that pretty much any takeaway, indian, chinese, etc, will do me a nice, MSG laced vegetable version of my favourite dishes. More fool me for eating it, but it tastes so GOOD :)