Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
...even entertaining the possibility of a Higher Power has a profound effect on consciousness -
Yes, a profound effect, indeed!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Master
Why did people start worshipping in the first place? Why did they have questions?
Possibly because of death or possibly because of life.
I don't know but I do know it was within me to seek and not from anything I was taught.
It was there and there was no ignoring it....lol
Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Humm

Those are very good questions, more answerable by the divine vagaries of Grace than anything we will ever be able to definitively pin down, I think.

The only thing I am sure of is it's all according to 'The Plan'. ;)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:56 PM
moke64916

God is not something separate from you. You just have not experienced yourself. Your true self, that which cannot be named.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Those are very good questions, more answerable by the divine vagaries of Grace than anything we will ever be able to definitively pin down, I think.

The only thing I am sure of is it's all according to 'The Plan'. ;)

Care to share more on why you are sure of that? Not to debate it but just to take a glimpse at how you see things.
See for me.......I have never been sure about any plan or purpose. I don't deny it. I just have not been graced with that knowing...........yet.
So I am curious
Old 01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
God is not something separate from you. You just have not experienced yourself. Your true self, that which cannot be named.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...94&postcount=9
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Care to share more on why you are sure of that? Not to debate it but just to take a glimpse at how you see things.
See for me.......I have never been sure about any plan or purpose. I don't deny it. I just have not been graced with that knowing...........yet.
So I am curious

When I was deepest in my spiritual awakening I felt it - lived it - with absolute conviction. It is a remarkable thing to go through life - moment by moment, each individual, infinite, but inseparable from the flow - with a perspective of absolute trust that all actions come to you with purpose, and come through you with purpose. EVERYTHING has meaning - from the birth or death of a loved one, to the number and color of hairs on that gnat in your ear.

I was not ready for it though. In many ways, I fell into it, lost myself into it, in a way that was not in all ways beneficial. I came back from it though with quite a different way of seeing things.

And when I say 'plan' I do not mean 'set in stone' - I mean 'plan' a step above the choices we make - I mean the plan that lays out our possible choices, and the consequences of them.

God is a bit more organized than I'll ever be.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Time

Quote:
Why did people start worshipping in the first place? Why did they have questions?
Possibly because of death or possibly because of life.
I don't know but I do know it was within me to seek and not from anything I was taught.
It was there and there was no ignoring it....lol

Whiteshaman..... here read this. It was probably in reaction to humanity being almost obliterated by flooding/climate change....

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...tepe/mann-text
Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
When I was deepest in my spiritual awakening I felt it - lived it - with absolute conviction. It is a remarkable thing to go through life - moment by moment, each individual, infinite, but inseparable from the flow - with a perspective of absolute trust that all actions come to you with purpose, and come through you with purpose. EVERYTHING has meaning - from the birth or death of a loved one, to the number and color of hairs on that gnat in your ear.

I was not ready for it though. In many ways, I fell into it, lost myself into it, in a way that was not in all ways beneficial. I came back from it though with quite a different way of seeing things.

And when I say 'plan' I do not mean 'set in stone' - I mean 'plan' a step above the choices we make - I mean the plan that lays out our possible choices, and the consequences of them.

God is a bit more organized than I'll ever be.

Nice.....thanks.

In the deepest aspect of my awakening........life realized itself. Now it has no clue what THIS is all about...........lol
I envy your conviction........I relate to it but I just can't claim it as my conviction. I hope to some day but it has to happen on its own. I insist on that...lol
Thanks for sharing...........
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Humm

Quote:
Nice.....thanks.

In the deepest aspect of my awakening........life realized itself. Now it has no clue what THIS is all about...........lol
I envy your conviction........I relate to it but I just can't claim it as my conviction. I hope to some day but it has to happen on its own. I insist on that...lol
Thanks for sharing...........

I hate to sound like Moke but... lose your conviction. Just open up to it. Let it happen. It's the easiest way.