Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
There are many like Joel Osteen, and believe me, they have nothing to do with God or spirituality, they are the leaders of a ponzi scheme.Of course the "law of attraction" works for them, they are in the top of it, while the rest, well, God knows....

I've said it and I will say it once again, when you hear spiritual leaders talking about how to obtain things in this world, it's the best clue that they are blind to the truth.People like Joel Osteen are super rich, just read about Buddha or Jesus... Come on, Buddha gave up everything he had with the hope that he may get that "everything", Jesus had only his clothes, this was his wealth, remember how the soldiers divided His clothes... Wake up people, you are dreaming a dream inside another dream.

Sorry for being so harsh but this is the only way to make a stand.

It's not being harsh, it's the only way if you are a Christian. It says so in the Bible (not my favourite book), so if the Bible is your book then just turn to St.Luke 12;22. Mr Osteen (of whom I know nothing) could then give his car keys away as by following the true Christian path he wouldn't need them.
Old 20-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Did you notice the finishing touches? ...... May Love and Light be with you.

Thank you !

Please tell me, do you understand how much of your 'reality' is driven by your thoughts/beliefs, (after beep).

God is Love and Love is Light, but Love does not attack.

So "may Love and Light be with you" is the purest blessing that can be passed on.

May Love and Light be with you, anyway.

Beep.
Old 20-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Thank you !

Please tell me, do you understand how much of your 'reality' is driven by your thoughts/beliefs, (after beep).

God is Love and Love is Light, but Love does not attack.

So "may Love and Light be with you" is the purest blessing that can be passed on.

May Love and Light be with you, anyway.

Beep.

" Please tell me, do you understand how much of your 'reality' is driven by your thoughts/beliefs, "

I am so grateful that my reality is driven from my thoughts and not the thoughts of others
Old 21-09-2018, 04:31 AM
Experiencer

Yes, I agree. I am grateful to the Creator for every day I have lived.
Old 21-09-2018, 05:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice_1
Yes, I agree. I am grateful to the Creator for every day I have lived.

Wonderful - so we can be assured that all those people whose homes, families, children, parents and all who were bombed, pillaged, burned, raped, shot, poisoned, hung, beaten, whipped - and so on, are also grateful.

Which is what we are discussing.

Maybe you'd prefer a poll?
Old 22-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It's not being harsh, it's the only way if you are a Christian. It says so in the Bible (not my favourite book), so if the Bible is your book then just turn to St.Luke 12;22. Mr Osteen (of whom I know nothing) could then give his car keys away as by following the true Christian path he wouldn't need them.

You've misunderstood me.. First of all, He is a "preacher of the word of God", in other words, he preaches the Bible.. or that's what he think he is doing.He is one of the "christian leader" that people are following, in special in USA.

Would you listen to someone who talks about God and at the same time making a ton of money from his "talk"? I never knew that finding God is a business.... :)) I used the best examples, Buddha and Jesus, what they have done.

This is my true message.
Old 22-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Master
Quote:
You've misunderstood me.. First of all, He is a "preacher of the word of God", in other words, he preaches the Bible.. or that's what he think he is doing.He is one of the "christian leader" that people are following, in special in USA.

Would you listen to someone who talks about God and at the same time making a ton of money from his "talk"? I never knew that finding God is a business.... :)) I used the best examples, Buddha and Jesus, what they have done.

This is my true message.

And I like your message
Old 22-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Master

Quote:

This is my true message.

You have misunderstood me I think. What I said (and gave the car keys as a symbol of how easy it would be for these people to spread their wealth) is that persons standing on a stage in the limelight (Billy Graham comes to my mind, from my youth) are duping everyone in the name of money. In my opinion all clerics of all kinds should be as the birds in the fields and be so devoted to carrying out the will of God in which they so 'intensely believe' that they wouldn't have the need for a car or buy suits and ties.

Were such truly-called and selfish people doing such jobs I too, I tend to think, would be seen in church.

Just recently the Church of England admitted it had a portfolio of £15 billion a good portion of which was invested in companies who have plenty of tax experts working for then in order to avoid paying taxes. The Queen of England, the head of the same Church owns vast tracts of land, about seven palaces (if needed I can list them) and has about 1000 empty rooms in her properties while thousands of homeless people sleep under old newspapers.

There are many Churches of all denominations spread over the globe who are rolling in it, nevertheless there are millions of people starving. Religion as the masses know it - stinks.
Old 22-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
You have misunderstood me I think. What I said (and gave the car keys as a symbol of how easy it would be for these people to spread their wealth) is that persons standing on a stage in the limelight (Billy Graham comes to my mind, from my youth) are duping everyone in the name of money. In my opinion all clerics of all kinds should be as the birds in the fields and be so devoted to carrying out the will of God in which they so 'intensely believe' that they wouldn't have the need for a car or buy suits and ties.

Were such truly-called and selfish people doing such jobs I too, I tend to think, would be seen in church.

Just recently the Church of England admitted it had a portfolio of £15 billion a good portion of which was invested in companies who have plenty of tax experts working for then in order to avoid paying taxes. The Queen of England, the head of the same Church owns vast tracts of land, about seven palaces (if needed I can list them) and has about 1000 empty rooms in her properties while thousands of homeless people sleep under old newspapers.

There are many Churches of all denominations spread over the globe who are rolling in it, nevertheless there are millions of people starving. Religion as the masses know it - stinks.

Ohh... I see, english is not my native language, but thank you so much for pointing the obvious!!! This is what I am trying to say, this is why is so important for people to look inside oneself: "If you don't know the truth, then how can you expect it from someone?"; some words I use to say sometimes.Yes, you can get help, guidances, but that's it, the rest is up to you.Sadly, too many are lied and used, it's like they give their own powers to these "spiritual leaders".I love these words, spoken by Jesus: "Know a tree by its fruits"; this sums it all.

If you go outside and try to open people's minds, they will judge you as being crazy.I tried to talk with my relatives about spiritual things, they told me that I do drugs and then they started to make fun of me.I don't blame nor I hate them, I understand that some people are not ready for such things.
Old 25-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Newbie ;)

God cannot be blamed for the wrong or bad that’s happening around us. God had created human beings and given us the greatest miracle of making choices in life. Some choose to do good while others choose to do wrong so why blame God? If He was to make all the choices He would have not created us with brains,thoughts and feelings and would have just created us as robots!! I understand that there is bad/evil that happens in this world and I came from that part of the world where many wrong things happen due to actions of some yet people who experience this over there still believe in God and do not blame him for it. They have faith and belief that God WILL help them through bad times. We cannot control all the bad that happens but as Children of God we can help others who are experiencing bad times in our own little way.
Thank God for what you have,be grateful and help others where you can and not blame God for actions created by others. I am not trying to change anyone’s belief but I believe in Thanking God,being grateful to Him and helping others to bring some good in this world.