Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 19-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Seeing auras?

Ok, so I am completely new to this.

A few days ago I saw a post on tumblr about how to see auras for beginners. I have been interested in spirituality (energy, especially re: crystals, auras) though I have never looked into it. I thought the tutorial sounded really cool and easy to follow and I wanted to give it a try. So today, after a little more research, I grabbed a piece of paper and tried reading my aura on my hand.

The hardest part for me was getting the right level of un-focus(?). Once I did I looked for about 20-30 seconds and the thing is, I THINK I got it on the first try. I saw a yellow/lime color around my hand, about 1-2 inches around it, for as long as I could hold focus (a few seconds). I did this a few times.

Then I wanted to try in natural light so I went out on my deck. That was when I found this forum, because I saw my cat, and wondered if cats had auras. I found a link to a post on this forum that said they did, so satisfied, I tried reading his. I did the same thing as earlier and I saw a cyan colored aura around him, about 2-3 inches around him. I did it twice and got the same result. But he is a black cat and I did it against a brown background.

I tried my hand again and saw just a clear one, but this time when I lost my focus it took a few seconds to completely disappear.

So my question is, is it possible for a complete beginner to see auras on their first try? I am an open-minded and receptive person but I never considered myself highly spiritual or psychic. And I read some posts here of people who didn't have success for weeks of practice. Could what I'm seeing be auras or are they really just optical illusions?

Last edited by tali.lynn : 19-06-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 22-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Ascender
I read some books about aura too. Some people can see aura in the first try while the other need more time.
According to theory, what you see is aura.
Keep on practice. Good luck :)

BTW welcome to SF
Old 29-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Knower
I tried the paper method too... looking between the fingers with soft un-focused dreamy eyes and sometimes see pale yellow, other times I've seen completely white light that pulsates and gets bigger then smaller then bigger then smaller. It is very interesting.