Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 PM
merrie

If I have a lucid dream (which does not occur that often) I try to touch objects that seem very real to me.(In the lucid dream) and I always know I am dreaming in the dream.

Merrie
Old 14-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Knower
Lucid Dreaming is being aware that you are dreaming in the moment.
Dream Control is different, that is where you manipulate the dream.
I have yet to master these two concepts.
Old 15-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Master
For me I turn a dream lucid 9 out of 10 times by realizing I am flying. Even in non-lucid dreams I am always traveling by flying and so sometimes I will stop and think "wait I can't fly!" and then I realize I am dreaming put my feet on the ground jump straight up and put my arms on my side and blast into the sky like Rocketman. I have countless forms of flying the one I just mentioned before, I can also hover a few inches or feet above the ground and fly forward or backwards extremely fast. I can fly standing vertically or laying horizontally. In almost any manner and any direction. As you can tell I am a professional at flying at this point and it's probably the most fun I have ever had period, more fun than rollercoaster rides. But that is just a good example of how you turn a dream lucid, you perform a reality check. For me it's that in reality I cannot fly. For others it's stop breathing because in your dreams you're not really breathing, so if you stop breathing and nothing happens you know you are dreaming. Another one is to jump up and down and if gravity isn't as it always is that's another way. Others find a mirror and look into but that can scare some people.
Old 30-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Newfreedom9

I would agree that a lucid dream is when you realize you are dreaming. Half the time I will just suddenly think, oh I'm dreaming. Usually after something weird happens. There have been a few times when I've had to do tests to figure out if I'm dreaming (and that doesn't always work because I don't think the same in dreams as I do in real life.)

I find one of the best methods for lucid dreaming is to read about it, and think about it during the day. Tell yourself many times during the day "I am dreaming". (Some people say to ask yourself "Am I dreaming?" But for me, that adds on an annoying extra step of having to convince myself that I am dreaming in my dream. If I think "I am dreaming" when I'm in my dream, I know it's true and can go about doing as I like.) It gets my mind used to thinking that way. Then before I go to sleep, I intend to have a lucid dream, and set myself a goal for what I want to do in my dream (like fly.)
Old 19-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Deactivated Account
They have a much more vivid quality compared to ordinary dreams. They feel incredibly real and you are in control of what happens in it. You are very aware that you are dreaming. For instance, during one lucid dream I decided I would fly since nothing was impossible in dream world!

If you have had a lucid dream you will recognise it. If you're not sure, it's very likely you haven't yet experienced one. They are beautiful dreams and stay etched in your memory for years afterwards. Not always the content of the dream, but the intensity of the feelings and beauty.
Old 19-10-2012, 08:21 PM
deepsea

Like events happening in real life.
Like we remember the events of the day before.

Deepsea
Old 21-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Well thanks to this thread I had my first lucid dream in ages last night! I was thinking about lucid dreaming and picked up a book about them last night and flicked through. Then in the early hours of this morning I dreamed about brightly coloured flowers and hey presto realised I was dreaming! I have to admit I did feel a bit sexual but then I decided I would fly and although for some reason I was a bit unsure at first I did manage to lift off the ground. I passed a tree that had snow underneath and I kept thinking 'I did it, I lucid dreamed!' It was very funny.