Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-09-2018, 12:40 AM
Master
Currently I am seeing satan as something more akin to ego, where 'I' place myself as equal or above God. Satan wouldn't listen, he would make his own decisions, but the only way forward is to discern what the God voice says, not make up my own rules.

When Jesus says "Get thee behind me satan" to Peter, it is because Peter was saying to Jesus 'you don't have to go through the torment that is coming for you, it needn't happen, it's not right.' But to not follow God's plan in favour of personal ease or comfort is the satanic act. To suggest Jesus didn't have to follow God's plan to the bitter end was to speak with the voice of satan.

Matt 16:21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Last edited by django : 14-09-2018 at 03:05 AM.
Old 17-09-2018, 07:32 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Currently I am seeing satan as something more akin to ego, where 'I' place myself as equal or above God. Satan wouldn't listen, he would make his own decisions, but the only way forward is to discern what the God voice says, not make up my own rules.

When Jesus says "Get thee behind me satan" to Peter, it is because Peter was saying to Jesus 'you don't have to go through the torment that is coming for you, it needn't happen, it's not right.' But to not follow God's plan in favour of personal ease or comfort is the satanic act. To suggest Jesus didn't have to follow God's plan to the bitter end was to speak with the voice of satan.

Matt 16:21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

You are totally right.

Man put himself on a pedestal, above all creation, as being the supreme ruler, he is the God of this world.Now, what Jesus said about Satan? He said that Satan is the God of this world, things are getting clear, right? Satan is found in each one of us, it's the opposing force, the one that keeps you away from God.Our society is ruled by Satan and if you take a look at history, this never ends in a good way.
Old 17-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
In my view, Steiner's agricultural efforts are more noteworthy than his spiritual views.

What things in his spiritual teaching are not so great ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Now if you play the Mephisto in Faust, does this make you a dark or bad person?

Yeah, Mephisto talked with the creator who gave him the mission to test Faust.

Quote:

Yet, there are groups who have decided to create a smooth transition, which has never been attempted before, with as little loss of life as possible.
This is why it takes so long, but I think we are close, from the feedback I am getting.

It's encouraging, don't know what they mean by close but this sounds good.
Old 20-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Knower
If I'm going to be honest, I don't think that Satan is a legitimate being. I honestly believe that who or whatever had written the Bible intended for Satan to be a metaphor for the things we fear or see as evil.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."