Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-05-2012, 01:58 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSkye
I am in a strange situation. I have literally no family, no church, no emergency contact, no one that can be notified should something tragic happen to me. As things are right now, the state would have to claim me as unidentified and put my body somewhere.

Is there a way I can fix this? I don't want to burden any stranger with funeral planning, burial, etc. Do funeral homes have plans for people who have literally no one? I will call and begin to do research. Sometimes I feel like it doesn't matter at all what happens after I die. Other times (like right now), I feel like I have to quickly take matters into my own hands because anything could happen.

Ideas?

When I Really thought about what you were saying, I experienced not wanting to just fade away unnoticed in the long run. That I would want deep down to at least have someone know that I'd gone.

Aside from that, I think the science donation idea is brilliant.
Old 26-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatChild
When I Really thought about what you were saying, I experienced not wanting to just fade away unnoticed in the long run. That I would want deep down to at least have someone know that I'd gone.

CatChild, I think about your signature, and I know that when I'm gone, I won't be worrying about all this. I want to get to the point where I don't worry about this at all. If I had gone yesterday, my body would have become property of the state and it would have been sent to wherever unidentified people go. It would take several months, even years before family knew anything. My roommates would know, but they have no way to contact family. If they did manage to find my family, the family would not take action because they are very unstable and coldblooded.

I wish this didn't matter to me so much. It's really about how I live that matters.
Old 26-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:

Everybody is special and do you know everybody matters and is special to God and you are too. If you are special to God you are to me too.

Everyone matters because in everyone is a seed of love and an eternal part that never dies that the mortal body borrows.
Old 26-05-2012, 12:44 PM
CatChild

Quote:
CatChild, I think about your signature, and I know that when I'm gone, I won't be worrying about all this. I want to get to the point where I don't worry about this at all. If I had gone yesterday, my body would have become property of the state and it would have been sent to wherever unidentified people go. It would take several months, even years before family knew anything. My roommates would know, but they have no way to contact family. If they did manage to find my family, the family would not take action because they are very unstable and coldblooded.

I wish this didn't matter to me so much. It's really about how I live that matters.

I hear you. So what about the idea of donating your body to science then?
Old 26-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatChild
I hear you. So what about the idea of donating your body to science then?

I would gladly do that. The issue is that whoever finds my body must have the correct directions and family can't interfere.
Old 26-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Rhodes

You can create 2 Wills now while you're healthy and of sound mind. Both are written and signed and possibly notarized. The first is a LIVING WILL which essentially lays out everything you would want someone to know: birthday, blood type, medical conditions, ID numbers and so on. You would state clearly your wishes that if you are found unstable (as with a stroke) and you require life support should you be near death that yes or no you wouldn't want this. State clearly you want your body when you die to go to science. You would place this signed document in a safe place and then leave a note near your computer or bedside in the event you pass away. You can put the Living Will in with your books or where someone could easily find it if they needed to. If you're able, carry it on your person. Second is a Will, this has all your final wishes in it, where you'd want your personal items to go, what to do with any left over money, etc. If you don't say, those in your family might lay claim to it. You can leave both Wills in a binder or folder and either take it with you to the hospital or tell at least one person with whom you trust as to where it is. You can Google or research more about Wills for your country, state, etc. so that you're Wills are legal and cannot be contested in court.
Old 26-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Master
have you thought of "natural eco burials"...thats what i'm considering. if i'm buried i would like an oak tree planted over me...costs a £1000 in the uk. i like the pagan idea (think it's pagan) that a tree is planted when you die, not necessarily over your grave like i just mentioned. i like the simplicity in india of burning a body and then putting the remains in the river. if i could chose i'd be burnt on a fire i think. sorry i realise you're asking more to do with who's arranging it than the specifics of burial but i thought i'd add this. i'd like to think my body was cared for after i die.

steiner claimed that egyptians mummified their bodies to re-inforce the sense of the "I" and association with the physical as this was/is part of earth's and huiman development at this/that time. it indicates that what occurs to the body following death may have spiritual significance. rambling! hope ya sort it :)

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 26-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Master
If they did manage to find my family, the family would not take action because they are very unstable and coldblooded.

StarSkye... Well, you've certainly grown a long way from your roots, haven't you.

blessings
Xan

Old 26-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Pathfinder
Update:

I phoned one of my cousins and she happily agreed to be listed as an agent on my advance directive. She may be the only one in the family I can trust, and that's better than no one.

Old 27-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Nightmare

Quote:
the state would have to claim me as unidentified and put my body somewhere.
It isn't the worst.
The person who wants me to die will get my dead body and celebrate...