Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 22-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Because this universe isn't filled with love and light like the majority of people here would have you believe. And whatever thing that controls and/or plays with people's lives is evil. The forces of darkness are hellbent on hurting us and the forces of light simply don't care, except when they have something to gain from it.
Old 22-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
This will wander so bear with if you'll be so kind ...

I've been a Starwars fan for 30 something years - they are my fairy tales.
They also involve a lot of spirituality - zen etc.

The most recent movie has caused an uproar because they brought our beloved hero back after 35 years a broken mess who had seemingly forgotten all of the lessons he had learned in the original 3 epics.

The new character never puts a foot wrong & it seems to be at the expense of the original hero.

A funny thing happened ..

After many discussions about what they had done to the character I realised something.

We as a fandom had held this man aloft in such rightful regard that we failed to see that even he had lessons to learn despite essentially being a master.

His lesson was just as you described - that other people decide their own fate. You can offer them all of the tools, nurture them & have confidence in them - yet they can still become something else.

~

His lesson in the movie is that despite being a master the responsibility or burden is not actually on him for another person to learn.

Another side to this is that he is a lesson to the new character - she is to understand that it doesn't matter how much you learn .. there is always more.

How strange that you, me & Luke Skywalker are learning a lesson via other people - even though its merely an acceptance of "what just is" ...

Some merely want the white-red-black belt progression of a spiritual path whereas others see that its a never ending infinity of understanding - multi layered & complicated.

I am considered rude by many because I try not to speak in riddles or one up other people for virtue points. Your entirely accurate that some hone in on your language as a sort of legalese trick in an attempt to silence a genuine point.

My biggest battle on here still being my refusal once to accept the label of rape apologist from out of nowhere. It was a slanderous way of usurping the conversation & a tactic that I find abhorrent.

~
Please allow me to digress back to Jeet Kun Do (because Yoda wasn't very helpful with this):

"A wise man learns more from a foolish question, than a fool does from a wise answer" - Bruce Lee

I wasn't really a big fan of Star Wars...I was more of a "Trekkie" but I totally understand what you are getting at when you say that even a Master still has a lot to learn, even if it is accepting things for the way they are, and having belligerent others teach us that.

Fact is that both of us have rather strong personalities and we like each other and get along because of that, but others feel intimidated and afraid of intelligent, outspoken people and that's not our fault, because we just express ourselves differently and in ways others do not judge to be "socially acceptable" but that's just who we are and we love and accept ourselves fully for it, feeling rather sad that others choose not to...but that is their choice which also must be respected.

I have tried to find answers to this paradox for years...Reading stuff online like this:
https://dailypositiveinfo.com/5-sign...-intimidating/

I think most people reach the conclusion that I have an "agenda" they need to protect themselves from at all costs.

However, I also have made the observation, that the fickle, oversensitive ones don't remain on this forum for very long anyway...those you have had problems with in the past are LONG gone and whenever I reply to a thread, it's a good bet that everybody else who was involved in it will disappear for good within a month or so and yet, I am still here...that is a very comforting thought.

Still, with all that said, I need to trust in the Force/God more than I do, because only He can separate the "men from the boys" and that isn't up to me...most say they are ready to receive, but they simply are not...full stop!

https://goo.gl/images/9HDLCh

It is simply a case of saying "I acknowledge your pain and I let you go with love and peace...May the Force be with you....NEXT".
Old 02-12-2018, 02:46 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
Why did God give me such a freaking hard life?

I won't go into all the details but its freaking hard. Has anyone else had a harder life than most? Do you ever reach a point where it's worth it? I just dont understand.
Such a good question! Leads to so many others.
What is a hard life?
How can one person born with severe disability find joy in life while the wealthy movie star can be so miserable they end their own life?
Why do most good stories involve a protagonist who must struggle against conflict and challenge and prevail?
How is it that after six months or so the lottery winner and the new quadriplegic both seem to be about as happy as they were six months ago?
Why is it that if I want big muscles and to be physically fit I must suffer so much at the gym?
Old 02-12-2018, 06:12 PM
ImthatIm

I like the diamond story.
Then there is the seed that finds it's way to die in the earth to sprout to new life.While the seeds on the surface get ate.
Then there is a boy lets call him ME.Full of hit the wall hit it again kick it swear at it and keep banging it till bloody and bruised. Rest awhile wake back up must take down that wall hit hit bang bang. But then out of the blue SKY DADDY to the rescue!!!!! Cool said ME. I at last found my HOME I live and always have lived with my SKY DADDY. ME was just visiting that wall. But SKY DADDY turned ME around and gently place ME in front of that wall. HHHMMM ME said to myself. what shall I do I see things different I still sense my SKY DADDY. But gradually ME feel alone in my self. WAIT THE WALL hit hit bang bang even harder now that I know my HOME is with SKY DADDY!!!!
OOOHHH ME MAD AT SKY DADDY!!!!! I say to myself, self oh yeah, you too I, well don't forget ME. Anyway back to ME still mad at SKY DADDY!!! I'll find a way back to SKY DADDY but can't get through that dang WALL!!! years later ME thinking about some questions. myself answers ME. I thought I had a sky daddy. myself said ME who's your daddy? SKY DADDY ME said!!! Myself said I think if He was your daddy he would take you HOME. ME said yeah you cruel sky daddy, leave ME here all alone. ME not bang on wall ME just lay here under this rain cloud by my wall and die. ME make sky daddy take ME home.
ME wakes up wall still here ME still here, no sky daddy. ME myself and I all gather in a circle. We know sky daddy LOVES us. We felt it. It burnt love in us. Myself said I didn't feel it. ME said I, I think myself is against us. Lets kill him. I was sure SKY DADDY was real and LOVED him. So ME agreed that I should take over. I started to remember I am that I am. Hey wait a minute here, there has been some shady tricks going on here. I am connected to SKY DADDY. ME is just dirt and does what he's told. And myself he has been listening to a trickster daddy and they built that wall. HEY I AM PUTTING A STOP TO ALL this.
I AM part of SKY DADDY I feel him. ME, SHUT UP fix that wall and plant some flowers. Myself, with SKY DADDY'S help I and HIM are going to dismantle you for good and kick out trickster daddy. I will make ME, SKY DADDY,S HOME.
Moral of the ME story:
Know SKY DADDY is ME,myself and I's HOME
and tell myself who's your daddy.

You thought you had it hard.
Hope you feel better. Just some light hearted fun. ME Love SKY DADDY with SKY DADDY LOVE !!
Old 05-12-2018, 12:30 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Because this universe isn't filled with love and light like the majority of people here would have you believe. And whatever thing that controls and/or plays with people's lives is evil. The forces of darkness are hellbent on hurting us and the forces of light simply don't care, except when they have something to gain from it.
True that! I'm starting to really believe I'll never be enlightened again the world is just a cold cold place to be in. Oh well. Learn to love the challenges and let them go
Old 05-12-2018, 01:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
True that! I'm starting to really believe I'll never be enlightened again the world is just a cold cold place to be in. Oh well. Learn to love the challenges and let them go
If it helps alleviate this attitude, forget about people totally and just concentrate on nature...It is what I am starting to do.

From the natural perspective, the world is a warm, wonderful and beautiful place and always has been... until greedy humans came along and effed it up.

After making the concerted effort to get out and about, mixing with people and following the advice of my psychoanalyst in the attempt to get over my social anxiety, I finally realised that the reason for my social anxiety was fully justified, because it totally aided my spiritual growth.... this was in direct contrast to what everyone else said, but I remember bringing this before my Higher Self a while ago, who simply said "you are NOT everyone else" and thus, I learned there was a separation between myself and others, totally irrespective of what "everyone else" had to say about that too!

Thing was, I knew what I knew, which was the polar opposite of what "everyone else" knew and I was destined to remain isolated from society at large because of it.

With one exception, only one.

I am a Shaivite (Shiva follower)..It is about the only thing I "know" and I totally flourish in a community where others have the same beliefs and ideas as I do, and I flounder like the proverbial namesake fish out of water when I am not in an environment conducive to my spiritual growth and needs...but my local Shaivite community is about 100 miles away...not far really, about a 2-3 hour drive, but laziness prevents me from making the journey...and whose fault is that? It is MINE. I would be terrible company on a Yatra or pilgrimage...but that is something I need to get over...going totally out of my comfort zone (which I have issues with) for the sake OF my beliefs and lifestyle.

However, natural phenomena can make the cold, cruel world beautiful again if we see that plants and animals are just as important and even more so than humans are...and it is only the sheer arrogance of the human species who have deemed themselves the dominant lifeform...You don't really need to believe or buy into ANY of that just because "everyone else" does and thus make the world a warm and beautiful place for YOU, even though it pretty much sucks for "everyone else" because they have made it that way.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:03 AM
Master
See...I have this little "problem" which I cannot escape from.

I had to go to the mall today just to get a few things. Nexium was on top of my list because I ate a pastry yesterday, knowing full well what they do to me.
Oh so lucky I am that I have my GERD symptoms to always remind me.

Anyway, I was in at the mall and "Santa Claus" was there. Now, there were parents waiting in a queue to have their children get a photo taken with "Santa Claus"... problem was, that most of the kids there, didn't want a bar of it! They were screaming and defiantly demonstrating the fact that they didn't want to be placed on some strange old codger's knee who had an itchy fake beard and smelled like stale cigars.

The young ones screamed the loudest, especially babies between 6 months and 2 years old, who didn't even know what Christmas was...who didn't know what the hell was going on...All they knew was the parents, who they thought they trusted, were FORCING them boldly and blatantly to do some stupid thing that they didn't WANT to do... something that was probably going to scar them for life.

....and for what? So the parent could get a "happy snap" of their child in yet ANOTHER pose, so they could put it on their phone, or put the picture in their wallet and flash it around to all their friends and work colleagues to hear them all say "oh, how cute...how adorable...What a beautiful baby you have there" (when they can't really say, "what a screaming, homely child") and for the parents head to get SO puffed up with egotistical pride, going "thanks, yeah, I know, amazing isn't he/she"?

I could NEVER get this...What the hell is wrong with me?
Old 15-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Hard life? Who is asking?
The ego seeks the transient
If it is denied, it calls it a hard life
Basically unfulfilled desire
If it gets what it seeks, it is fearful
Fearful to lose what it has ‘secured’
Either way, the egoic domain leads to suffering
And we with it, if our attention is externalised

The non-self looks at soul evolution
Everything is an experience